Author Topic: Feiglin: This Time, Only Running for a Seat in the Knesset  (Read 2290 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Feiglin: This Time, Only Running for a Seat in the Knesset
« on: December 18, 2014, 12:44:39 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/312062#.VJJpH9KUc1I

Feiglin: This Time, Only Running for a Seat in the Knesset

MK Moshe Feiglin responded to the Likud party’s court ruling regarding the holding of elections for the head of the party and Knesset list on the same day.

“At this fated time, we must unite and safeguard the Likud as a ruling party. I thus only intend on running for a seat in the Knesset and am convinced that I will receive much support… In any real future primaries, I will return and contend for the position of head of the movement and the State,” Feiglin said.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Re: Feiglin: This Time, Only Running for a Seat in the Knesset
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 12:56:01 AM »
Until now I was under the impression that at least Feiglin understood that Likud was part of the problem and not part of the solution. It was just a trick to infiltrate the Likud from within by bringing a lot of right wing activists to register for the party even though their hearts and general election votes would not be with the Likud.

Now we have to ask has Feiglin undergone an ideological change due to his involvement with the Likud?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 05:40:32 AM »
Hmmm, edu.

It's irrelevant.  All the parties smell
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 10:30:39 AM »
Here is the following clarification to Feiglin's strategy.  Shmuel Shackett is a Kahanist..and a good Jew and participated in the JDL.

My friend and international Campaign Manager Shmuel Sackett has weighed in on my decision to withdraw from the Likud leadership race:
Moshe Feiglin has decided to withdraw his candidacy from the race for Chairman of Likud and will be focusing all his energy and resources in the race for a top spot on the Likud Knesset list.
I call this plan; "Getting to the Two-yard line". Allow me to explain.
The Likud court just decided (last night) that primaries for BOTH Chairman of Likud AND the Knesset list of Likud will be held on THE SAME DAY – Dec 31st.
We fought this decision very hard and while we won in the Likud's regular court (to have them on separate days), the Likud appeals court overturned that ruling and decided – same day.
To make a long story short, we had the option to appeal to the supreme court but decided against it.
Moshe just came out with a statement (see below) that this is the time to strengthen Likud and in the name of party unity, he has withdrawn from the Chairman race.
As stated above, he (we) will be putting all of our resources, time and energy into getting Moshe elected to one of the top 10 spots on the Likud list.
If that happens, Moshe will be in a wonderful position to be a Minister in the next government which gets us closer to our goal of eventually leading the party… and the State of Israel.
We strongly believe that the ruling to hold elections on the same day made it impossible for us to win the Chairman race and we are no longer interested in running a campaign just to "prove a point".
Our position is clear that we are interested in LEADERSHIP and this plan – the one that will not score a touchdown but will get the ball down to the two-yard line – will put us in a wonderful position to achieve our complete goal in the near future.
Happy Chanukah to one and all!
Shmuel Sackett
International Campaign Manager
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 10:55:07 AM »
Until now I was under the impression that at least Feiglin understood that Likud was part of the problem and not part of the solution. It was just a trick to infiltrate the Likud from within by bringing a lot of right wing activists to register for the party even though their hearts and general election votes would not be with the Likud.

Now we have to ask has Feiglin undergone an ideological change due to his involvement with the Likud?

No. Its pretty clear he knew he would lose the primary this time around, and since bibi scheduled it for the same day as elections, spending all those resources on the primary would have lost feiglin support in the elections which he needs to campaign for.   He cannot risk not getting a seat or getting moved lower in the party.   I think this movve is his only choice.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 11:11:45 AM »
The news article made it seem as though he was doing this for the good of the Likud party.
Also being a minister seemingly means that he has to pander to Bibi in order to get and keep a minister job. This is not the type of strategy originally sold to right wing activists who decided to go along with the Feiglin.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 11:30:14 AM »
The news article made it seem as though he was doing this for the good of the Likud party.
Also being a minister seemingly means that he has to pander to Bibi in order to get and keep a minister job. This is not the type of strategy originally sold to right wing activists who decided to go along with the Feiglin.

He panders to the voters to get the highest seat possible. Hopefully the more support by the voters, the more PRESSURE on the new head of Likud to give him a minister spot. 

(See Sackett's explanation that I posted)...it's to get to the two yard line so that the touchdown will be easier the next time.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 12:56:03 PM »
A jaundiced view of Feiglin's dropping out by "Jerry"on the comments section here
http://www.jpost.com/Israel-Elections/Moshe-Feiglin-drops-out-of-Likud-leadership-race-385020

Jerry posted:

Feiglin has just broken the one promise he said he would never break. He has told his supporters that if there is one thing they can count on, it was this. And the lame excuse he's using is pathetic.

Danny Danon can manage to run for both races, be head of the World Likud Organization, and be the head of the Likud Central Committee, but poor little Moshe Feiglin can't do 2 things at once.

Admit it Feiglin people, your man is on the way out the door. The real reason he dropped out of the race has nothing to do with the BS he is telling us here. He dropped out because polls show him coming in behind Danon and his ego just couldn't take it!

And this guy actually had fantasies of leading the country, and you groupies believed him. 2 things are now crystal clear; 1. Its Feiglin with no backbone and 2. the emperor with no clothes is Feiglin.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 01:47:09 PM »
That talkback is mistaken. Feiglin is no emperor.

All I can say is that kahane would have not done the same.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 04:28:39 PM »
If Danon could run
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/188833#.VJNERpscTn4
then it's a pretty piss-poor show that Feigy didn't.

In his video, Feigy looks very thin. He may be being poisoned. He may not have been physically up to it, as electioneering requires the health of an ox. His wife is ill and his son badly injured in a car crash, some saying that neither are accidental cf the death of Benny Begin's son which removed him permanently from the political scene, and many others.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 05:55:17 PM »
If Danon could run
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/188833#.VJNERpscTn4
then it's a pretty piss-poor show that Feigy didn't.

In his video, Feigy looks very thin. He may be being poisoned. He may not have been physically up to it, as electioneering requires the health of an ox. His wife is ill and his son badly injured in a car crash, some saying that neither are accidental cf the death of Benny Begin's son which removed him permanently from the political scene, and many others.

Well that's precisely a reason why he might have changed his mind.  However, I think he realized that if he tried to run against the top top seat in Likud, he probably would lose. Therefore, he felt he should try something more attainable to make his profile stronger for the future. It's logical...It's not Kahane.  Kahane went all out unapologetically and could have won many seats for his own party until he was banned.

Danon is a big head..that's why he running for the premiership.  Feiglin is more polite and is beyond his ego.  Too nice for my taste..like Rabbi Yehuda Glick.  Except, what's the alternative today?  There is nobody else who is for real and a good Jew at the same time.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 08:22:04 AM »
A jaundiced view of Feiglin's dropping out by "Jerry"on the comments section here
http://www.jpost.com/Israel-Elections/Moshe-Feiglin-drops-out-of-Likud-leadership-race-385020

Jerry posted:

Feiglin has just broken the one promise he said he would never break. He has told his supporters that if there is one thing they can count on, it was this. And the lame excuse he's using is pathetic.

Danny Danon can manage to run for both races, be head of the World Likud Organization, and be the head of the Likud Central Committee, but poor little Moshe Feiglin can't do 2 things at once.

Admit it Feiglin people, your man is on the way out the door. The real reason he dropped out of the race has nothing to do with the BS he is telling us here. He dropped out because polls show him coming in behind Danon and his ego just couldn't take it!

And this guy actually had fantasies of leading the country, and you groupies believed him. 2 things are now crystal clear; 1. Its Feiglin with no backbone and 2. the emperor with no clothes is Feiglin.

I don't know if Danon or Feiglin would have had more votes, but they definitely would have split votes and so it would have been pointless for both to run.    See what kind of result Danon gets and then preach me this stuff.   I'm glad 1 of them dropped out so there's a single opposition to bibi in the race, but would rather danon had dropped out.     

Why is Jerry acting like it's a big surprise if Danon has more support than Feiglin?  Danon was very much an establishment type and only in recent years started speaking against bibi. Not to. Mention Danon is already an MK and seat is not in jeaopardy, well above the list compared to Feiglin.  Feiglin is on the outside looking in. He needs to get in first.   

As for being beholden to something once an MK, really?  I saw Danon get fired from his deputy position for attacking bibi.  Stop the lies.  If you think Feiglin will take over Likud without getting high on the list, you are crazy.   If you don't think he should do it, that's a different story but if you do think so, I cannot see how this is not the obvious winning strategy to do it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:45:51 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 01:09:31 PM »
Feiglin is having another one of his men run as well. Trying to get 2 seats into the Likud for M. Yehudit.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 03:05:45 PM »
I think the fact that Feiglin can barely get elected at all and has a very tenuous seat is a pretty damning indictment of Israeli Jewry. Israelis (I mean Jews, not Arabs) elect dozens and dozens of Marxists and suicidal peaceniks but ONE moderately right-wing guy is unstomachable to the electorate? God will not ignore this.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 02:44:20 PM »
Some History about Feiglin for those that forgot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhigut_Yehudit
Ariel Sharon's 2005 split from the Likud resulted in a power vacuum among the leadership of his former party. In December 2005, the top three favorites running for Likud Party Chairman were Binyamin Netanyahu and Silvan Shalom, with Moshe Feiglin running a distant third.

While Feiglin and his supporters remained optimistic about his chances of winning the position, in the last weeks before the primary there were calls from both the center-right and the Religious Zionist movement for him to withdraw from the race. The present Yesha Council Chairman, Bentzi Lieberman, who endorsed Netanyahu, went so far as to characterize Feiglin's plan to co-opt the Likud as a "moral failure" [3]. In response, Feiglin compared his detractors with "a battered woman who covers the bruises on her face with make-up and keeps going back to her husband."[4]

In mid-December, Netanyahu won the election for Chairman with 47% of the vote. Shalom came in second with 32%. Feiglin won 12.5% of the votes, up from 3% the first time he ran in 2003. Two years later, in 2007, he came in second behind Netanyahu with 24% of the vote.

Many left-wing and centrist politicians, as well as some journalists, agreed with Feiglin's assessment, asserting that while he did not come close to winning, the comparatively large number of votes cast for him indicated a radical shift among Likud voters, which could possibly result in changing both its vision and image in the future. Several prominent Likud members also denounced Feiglin's gains as indicative of a serious problem in the party, although others attempted to de-emphasize Feiglin's influence within the Likud. Feiglin responded by accusing his Likud critics of "anti-Semitism".
By running for the head of the Likud several times, he drew supporters to that party hoping that they could take over. His odds of taking over the party then were a lot worse than now but he still ran. Now he is a better position to run for the head of the Likud compared to then but he is switching tactics of slowly trying to get high up in the Likud bit by bit.
IF HE HAD RUN ON THAT STRATEGY FROM THE START I BELIEVE THAT VERY FEW WOULD HAVE FOLLOWED HIM INTO THE LIKUD.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 07:57:49 PM »
Feiglin is having another one of his men run as well. Trying to get 2 seats into the Likud for M. Yehudit.

This to me is a really positive sign especially if he wins.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 08:02:04 PM »
Some History about Feiglin for those that forgot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhigut_YehuditBy running for the head of the Likud several times, he drew supporters to that party hoping that they could take over. His odds of taking over the party then were a lot worse than now but he still ran. Now he is a better position to run for the head of the Likud compared to then but he is switching tactics of slowly trying to get high up in the Likud bit by bit.
IF HE HAD RUN ON THAT STRATEGY FROM THE START I BELIEVE THAT VERY FEW WOULD HAVE FOLLOWED HIM INTO THE LIKUD.

Maybe that's the way it has to be.   When I look at all the bennetts and the bentzi liebermans of the world I see a lot of chirping yet they never have a leadership vision and they can never formulate a reasonable alternative to feiglin's strategy, they can only poo-poo it.   Their stupidity has failed us over and over again.   I don't know if feiglin will ever succeed but at least he is trying, and I'm glad he exists, either way..  it can't be worse than naftali bennett.