Author Topic: Happy birthday Chaim  (Read 7451 times)

Offline Nekama

• Full JTFer
Happy birthday Chaim
« on: December 25, 2014, 01:05:30 PM »
I believe today is Chaim's English birthday.  Happy birthday!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Happy birthday Chaim
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 01:22:50 PM »
Happy Birthday Chaim!  :) :dance:

Offline Aluf Abir

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »
Uh Oh!  Is it halachically correct to mark or celebrate one's birthday?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 02:04:19 PM »
Happy birthday Chaim!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 02:10:29 PM »

Happy Birthday Chaim...

Aluf, I asked that question a while ago and found that Judaism doesn't place a lot of emphasis on a birthday, but it is not against Judaism to do something especially good on that day. I will bring the teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe.

http://www.chabad.org/generic_cdo/aid/458473/jewish/Birthday.htm
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/655568/jewish/Why.htm

Be Grateful

First and foremost, a birthday is a day to feel grateful. It's a day for parents to be grateful to G‑d for the precious gift He granted them. A day for the Jewish nation to be grateful for the addition of a new member of the nation-family. And, of course, it is a day for the birthday celebrant to express gratitude to G‑d for the gift of life.

This is the day when you were given the mandate to change the world. The day when G‑d entrusted you with the mission to challenge a world that is hostile to spirituality and transform it into G‑d's private sanctum. And in accomplishing this goal, you, too, were given the ability to achieve incredible spiritual heights—heights unimaginable to the soul before it was dispatched from its lofty heavenly abode to inhabit a physical body.

Celebrating a birthday is thus also a demonstration of confidence. Confidence that you are and will continue to be worthy of G‑d's trust. No matter the obstacles, you will persevere and live up to G‑d's expectations of you.

This day takes on additional significance if you are above the age of bar or bat mitzvah. The word "mitzvah" means commandments, but is also related to the word "tzaveta," which means "connection." Fulfilling G‑d's commandments is the vehicle through which we connect to G‑d. Until bar and bat mitzvah, mitzvot are primarily an educational experience—the commandment element kicking in upon adulthood. That means greater responsibility, but an infinitely greater connection, too. Your birthday is also the anniversary of that momentous occasion. Another reason to be grateful...

Déjà Vu

Time is like a spiral. Annually, on the anniversary of any momentous event, we have the ability to tap into the same spiritual energy that originally caused that event (hence the concept of Jewish holidays).

When you were born, G‑d invested within you a soul abounding with talents and qualities. Your mazel was shining and at full strength. That same energy is present once again every year on the anniversary of that date. On this day you have the ability to accomplish that which would perhaps be very difficult on another day.

Rosh Hashanah is so special because it is the birthday of humankind—it is the day when Adam and Eve were created. Your birthday is your personal Rosh Hashanah—utilize it to its utmost!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 02:14:48 PM »
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/481087/jewish/How-Do-Jews-Celebrate-Birthdays.htm

Questions:

Is there a Jewish way for me to celebrate my birthday?

Answer:

Sure, there's a Jewish way for everything!

Here are some ideas (culled from the teachings of the Rebbe):

Note: All these suggestions should be implemented on your Jewish birthday. Use our Jewish/Civil Date Converter to find out when your Jewish birthday is.

* Giving charity should be a daily event. On your special day increase the amount of your contribution, especially before the day's morning and afternoon prayers. If your birthday falls on Shabbat or a Jewish holiday when handling money is forbidden, give the added charity beforehand and afterwards.

* Spend some extra time praying, focusing on meditating and concentrating on the words of the prayers.

* Say as many Psalms as possible. Ideally you should complete at least one of its five books (Psalms is divided into five books).

* Study the Psalm which corresponds to your new year. This is your age plus one -- e.g. Psalm 25 if this is your 24th birthday. Click here to study it online. This is also the Psalm which you should try to say daily until your next birthday.

* Take some time out to contemplate on your past year. Consider which areas require improvement, and resolve to do so.

* Learn some extra Torah on this day.

* Study a Chassidic idea and repeat it at a gathering in honor of your birthday. Follow the following links for Short Insights, or some Essays.

* Partake of a new fruit which you did not yet taste during this season and recite the Shehecheyanu blessing.

* Take the time to teach another something about Torah and Judaism.

* Commit yourself to doing a particular good deed. Choose something practical and doable! Click here for some ideas.

* Men and boys over the age of thirteen: On the Shabbat beforehand, get an aliyah in the synagogue. If the birthday falls on a day when the Torah is read, be sure to receive an aliyah on that day too.

Click here for more information on birthdays.

Have a happy and meaningful birthday!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Aluf Abir

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 02:51:11 PM »
Is there any special significance to Chaim being born on Christmas Day, i.e., two great men in history who influenced the course of human events for the better sharing the same birthday?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 03:03:49 PM »
Is there any special significance to Chaim being born on Christmas Day, i.e., two great men in history who influenced the course of human events for the better sharing the same birthday?

Another trollish post.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 03:28:14 PM »
I love this Rebbe........ :)

HAPPY  BIRTHDAY CHAIM!!!  :dance:

Happy Birthday Chaim...

Aluf, I asked that question a while ago and found that Judaism doesn't place a lot of emphasis on a birthday, but it is not against Judaism to do something especially good on that day. I will bring the teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe.

http://www.chabad.org/generic_cdo/aid/458473/jewish/Birthday.htm
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/655568/jewish/Why.htm
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 03:39:47 PM »

Two issues here...

According to many, Dec 25 is not the birthday of yeshu... Second, Jews place more significance on the Hebrew date on the calendar than on the secular date. I am not sure if Dec 25 is the secular date of his birthday or the Hebrew day. So I find no significance to this date and Chaims birthday.

But Chaim is surely a figure who has potential to move the Jewish people forward.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 09:28:51 PM »
Chaim was born on 21 Tevet. He was born when Hanukkah is the earliest possible (November). Last year his Jewish birthday was on December 24. This year it will fall on January 12.

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day.asp?tdate=12/25/1956

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 11:40:52 PM »

Why wouldn't it be?

Is it halachically correct for you to type using a keyboard when typewriters are available?   I don't have any reason why it wouldn't be correct, but I'm asking anyway.   That is what you did.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 12:08:26 AM »
Happy Belated Birthday,  Chaim!
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 12:17:16 AM »
Happy birthday and may you see many more and the coming of Mashiach.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 01:18:58 AM »
Happy Birthday Chaim!!!!

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 09:20:34 AM »
Happy Birthday Chaim, Did you treat yourself with something special to eat or to do?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 05:13:47 AM »
Happy secular bday
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 09:32:18 PM »
Why wouldn't it be?

Is it halachically correct for you to type using a keyboard when typewriters are available?   I don't have any reason why it wouldn't be correct, but I'm asking anyway.   That is what you did.

Because the only person in Torah who had birthday parties was pharaoh, and it's all about ego and pride. People hold grudges for not being honored on this day, and feel miserable if they don't get calls to acknowledge their birthday. The "happiness" that it's your birthday has an opposite, hence it's phony.

That being said, I think if your birthday serves only to thank Hashem for your life and continued existence, instead of having a day for everyone to suck up to you, it's beneficial for your ego (unless you really want to be honored, and you're doing it because you want people to say "what a selfless guy", which is evidently "humble" vanity), and may even help sanctify what has become a commercial and self-absorbed practice and started as idolatry.

Thank G-d for giving you another birthday Chaim, and may you enjoy a hundred more. (don't think I'm acting self-righteous by saying that instead of happy birthday, it's just saying it after that would be so hypocritical, and that's the best I can come up with).
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 03:11:47 AM »
Happy birthday Chaim!!!
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 09:41:53 AM »
Because the only person in Torah who had birthday parties was pharaoh, and it's all about ego and pride. People hold grudges for not being honored on this day, and feel miserable if they don't get calls to acknowledge their birthday. The "happiness" that it's your birthday has an opposite, hence it's phony.

That being said, I think if your birthday serves only to thank Hashem for your life and continued existence, instead of having a day for everyone to suck up to you, it's beneficial for your ego (unless you really want to be honored, and you're doing it because you want people to say "what a selfless guy", which is evidently "humble" vanity), and may even help sanctify what has become a commercial and self-absorbed practice and started as idolatry.

I haven't seen any halacha cited in this comment.  And yet somehow it was meant to be a reply to my question?   

The point I was making was that Abir wanted to challenge what people were doing on supposed halachic grounds but without presenting any reason why it should be challenged - no source, no halacha, no rationale, no logic, nothing.  He presented nothing.  Just attacked others.   I don't see how that's reasonable.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 11:15:02 AM »
I haven't seen any halacha cited in this comment.  And yet somehow it was meant to be a reply to my question?   

The point I was making was that Abir wanted to challenge what people were doing on supposed halachic grounds but without presenting any reason why it should be challenged - no source, no halacha, no rationale, no logic, nothing.  He presented nothing.  Just attacked others.   I don't see how that's reasonable.

I'll reserve my comments on him for a short time. There isn't any halacha about it, if you want to have a birthday, it's obvious it's not kosher, but it's acceptable.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 12:15:42 PM »
I'll reserve my comments on him for a short time. There isn't any halacha about it, if you want to have a birthday, it's obvious it's not kosher, but it's acceptable.

What exactly does "Not kosher" but "acceptable" mean?   Is that a halachic terminology?  And how did you decide on this?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 03:18:36 PM »
There is nothing halachically wrong with observing the date of birth. If it is used in the manner LKZ mentions (as Pharoah did) then it is not the 'Jewish way' of observing the day.

Here is a somewhat more in-depth discussion covering the stricter interpretations which do find that we should not celebrate our birthdays...

A Jewish Perspective on Birthdays
Rabbi Aryeh Lebowitz

I. Introduction.  There is  a  common  practice in many contemporary societies for  people to  celebrate the anniversary  of  their  birth.  The  exact  method  of  celebration ranges from  simple  wishes  of  “Happy  Birthday” to extravagant  parties  that  are  thrown  in  honor  of  the  event.  In this  essay  we  will  analyze  a  number  of  issues  relating  to  the celebration  of  a  birthday.  Most  importantly,  we  will  deal  with the  question  of  the  significance  of  the  anniversary  of  one’s birth. Should one celebrate a birthday? If so, how should it be celebrated?  Are  there  certain milestone  birthdays  that  should be considered more significant than others?

II.  The  significance  of  a  birthday. The  Talmud  Yerushalmi (Rosh  Hashana  3:8)  records  that  when  Amalek  came  to  do battle with the Jewish people, they were careful to have those whose  birthday  it  was,  fight  on  the  front  lines.  The commentator Korban Edah explains that on one’s birthday, he has  a  special mazal  that may  be  helpful  in  an  otherwise  risky situation.  The  Chida  (Chomas  Onach  Iyov  chapter  3)  points out that this is not merely a belief of the pagan nations, but is actually  firmly  rooted  in  kabbalistic  sources.  The Chida writes that  on  one’s  birthday  his mazal  is  particularly  strong.  Based on  this  idea,  the  great  Sephardic  Chacham,  Rabbi  Chaim Paladgi  writes  that  one  should  give  extra  tzedakah  on  his birthday  because  the  increased  mazal  of  the  day  will  allow  a person’s  actions  to  have  a  greater  impact  on  his  overall personality  and  character  (Tzedakah  L’chaim).  The  Arvei Nachal  (Parshas  Shemini)  writes  that  when  a  person  focuses his  efforts  on  a  particular  positive  character  trait  on  his birthday, Hashem will supply extra help to continue along that path (cited by Sefer Minhag Yisrael Torah page 264).

III.  Is  a  birthday  cause  for  celebration?  At  the  core  of  the issue  of  whether  birthday  celebrations  are appropriate  is  the question  of  whether  the  day  of  our  births  is  actually  a  happy day.  The  gemara  (Eruvin  13b)  records  that  there  was  a running  dispute  between  the  Beis  Shamai  and  the  Beis  Hillel whether  a  person  would  have  been  better  off  never  being born,  or  better  off  having  been  born.  The  gemara  comes  to the  somewhat  startling  conclusion  that  it  would  have  been better  for  a  person  to  have  never  been  born.  Based  on  this passage,  Sefer  Divrei  Torah  (5:88)  writes that the anniversary  of  one’s  birth  is  no  cause  for  celebration.  To  the contrary,  we  would  each  be  better  off  never  having  been born. 

One can  take  issue with  the conclusion of  the Divrei Torah on the  following  grounds.  Tosafos  (Eruvin  ibid.)  asks  that  this gemara seems to contradict a gemara in Avoda Zara (5a) that requires  a  sense  of  gratitude  to  our  forefathers,  without whom we would  never  have  been  born.  Tosafos  explains  that the gemara in Eruvin deals with one who is a “regular person” who  would  have  been  better  off  not  being  born,  whereas  the gemara  in  Avodah  Zara  deals  with  one  who  is  a “tzadik”  and is therefore certainly better off having been born. Rav Hershel Schachter  has  understood  the  definition  of “tzadik”  in  this context to refer to one who is observant in torah and mitzvos. If  we  were  to  accept  Rav  Schachter’s  definition,  it  is  possible that an observant Jew may celebrate his birthday. In a similar vain,  the  Divrei  Torah  (ibid.)  writes  that  a  non-Jew,  who  is only  obligated  in  seven  mitzvos,  and  therefore  has  less opportunity  to  sin,  is  better  off  having  been  born.  It  would therefore be entirely appropriate  for a non-Jew  to  celebrate a birthday.  In  general,  the  acharonim who  address  the  issue  of birthday celebrations are split as to their propriety.

A.  The  opposition  to  birthday  parties.  Sefer  Otzar  Kol Minhagei  Yeshurun  points  out  that  the  only  time  we  find mention  of  a  birthday  celebration  in  ancient  Jewish literature  is  by  Pharoh  making  a  party  for  his  servants (Bereishis 40).  As  mentioned  previously  Divrei  Torah writes  that  Jews  have  nothing  to  celebrate  on  their birthdays.

B.  Those  who  do  not find fault  with  birthday celebrations.  Rav  Moshe  Feinstein,  in  the  course  of discussing  the propriety  of  a  bas  mitzvah  celebration  states  that  it  is  no  more  than  a  glorified  birthday  party, which  itself  is  only  a  seudas  reshus  (Responsa  Iggeros Moshe  Orach  Chaim  1:104).  The  implication  of  this statement  is  that  while  there  is  no  reason  to  specifically encourage such a seudah, there is also no objection to it (I have heard that Rav Moshe himself used to insist that each of  his  grandchildren  call  him  on  his  birthday  to  wish  him well).  Rav  Ovadia  Yosef,  in  addressing  this  comment  of Rav Feinstein, writes that a bas mitzvah is indeed a special occasion  where  we  celebrate  a  person’s  obligation  in mitzvos.  Furthermore,  Rav  Ovadia  continues,  even  if  it were nothing more than a birthday party, it would still be a seudas mitzvah if divrei torah were recited. 

The  Chasam  Sofer  (Toras  Moshe,  Parshas  Vayeira)  points out to  celebrate the  general  (non-Jewish)  custom birthdays,  and  claims  that  Avraham  would  make  such  a celebration  for  Yitzchak  on  the  anniversary  of  his  bris milah.  (Regarding  celebrating  the  anniversary  of  a  bris milah see Ben Ish Chai, Parshas Re’eh 17 who composed a special prayer for this occasion.)

IV.  How  to  celebrate  a  birthday.  In  spite  of  the  possible significance of a birthday, we do not  find anywhere  in shas or rishonim  that  a  birthday  should  be  marked  by  an  annual celebration.  (See,  however,  Moed  Katan  28  that  a  60th birthday  may  be  cause  for  celebration.)    However,  some acharonim  raise  the  issue  of  celebrating  a  birthday  and  look favorably  on  this  custom.  The  Ben  Ish  Chai  (Parshas  Re’eh 17)  records  the  custom  to  celebrate  a  birthday  every  year, and  comments  that  it  is a nice  custom  that he  followed  in his own family. It goes without saying that the notion of a “party” devoid  of  any  torah  content,  where  people  just  eat  and mingle,  would  not  have  any  significance  from  a  torah  perspective. How then should one celebrate a birthday? 

A.  She’hechiyanu.  Responsa  Ginzei  Yosef  (4)  writes  that some  “anshei  ma’aseh”  have  the  custom  to  recite  a she’hechiyanu  over  a  new  fruit  or  a  new  garment  on  their birthdays.  Responsa  Chavos  Yair  (70)  writes  that  one should make a  special seudah and  recite  she’hechiyanu on his  70th  birthday.  The  significance  of  the  70th  birthday seems to be that Chazal assume that the average  life span of  a  person  is  seventy  years.  It  is  therefore  appropriate  to thank  Hashem  for  having  lived  a  “full”  life  (indeed, Ruchoma  Shain  reports  that  her  father,  Rav  Yakov  Yosef Herman  zt”l held  a  celebration  upon  turning  70  for  this exact reason). The acharonim debate whether this beracha should  be  recited with  Hashem’s  name  (b’shem  u’malchus – see Pri Megadim, Mishbetzos Zahav, Orach Chaim 444:9, and  Hagahos  Chasam Sofer,  Orach  Chaim  222).  The  Kaf Hachaim  writes  that  one  should  recite  a  she’hechiyanu  on his  60th  birthday  as well,  in  celebration  of  the  fact  that  he is  now  past  the  age  that  he  would  have  died  had  he  been chayav  kareis.  He  does  suggest,  though,  that  this berachah  be  made  on  a  new  fruit  with  the  intention  to exempt  the  obligation  to make  the  she’hechiyanu  in  honor of this milestone birthday.

B.  Torah  Learning.  The  K’sav  Sofer  (Responsa  Yoreh  Deah 148)  writes  that  on  his  50th  birthday  he  celebrated  by making  a  public  siyum  on  maseches  Pesachim  and “thanking  Hashem  for  bringing me  to  this  point  in my  life, and  for  giving  me  the  strength  to  learn  and  teach  torah”.  He also took the opportunity to pray that Hashem should “help me continue to work for His sake and the sake of His torah…  and  that  Hashem  should  be  with  him  as  He  was with  his  forefathers  in  the  battle  to  promote  the  growth  of torah,  rebuild  the many  breaches  that  have  been made  in the  torah,  and  to  be  saved  from  those  who  speak  evil  of our torah”. As mentioned above, Rav Ovadia Yosef goes so
far  as  to  say  that  it  is  appropriate  to  have  a  special  meal on  one’s  birthday  where  he  recites  divrei  torah,  and  that
such  a  meal  would  enjoy  the  status  of  a  seudas  mitzvah (Responsa Yabia Omer, Orach Chaim 6:29). 

C.  Personal  reflection.  The  K’sav  Sofer  also  used  his birthday  as  a  time  for  personal  reflection.  Kuntros  Ohel Leah  (written  by  the  son  of  the K’sav  Sofer  and  printed  at the  beginning  of  K’sav  Sofer  al  haTorah)  records  an incident  when  a  student  went  to  visit  the  K’sav  Sofer  and found  him  crying.  The  student  asked  his  rebbe  what  the reason  for  his  tears  was,  and  the  K’sav  Sofer  responded that  it was his 54th birthday and he began to judge himself (dan,  the Hebrew  word  for  “judge”  has  a  gematria  of  54) and  realized  that  he  has  not  accomplished  nearly  as much as he  should have in his 54 years  in  this world. He  sensed that he was  lacking  in  torah knowledge and  righteousness,  and was moved to tears by this realization.

D.  Bein  Adam  L’chaveiro.  Of  course,  the  notion  of respecting  others  and  showing  them  that  they  are appreciated  is  a  universal  one,  and  is  not  limited  to  any single  day  of  the  year.  Even  so,  Responsa  Aparkasta D’anya  (123)  records that  the  Tiferes  Yisrael  insisted  that his children write notes of mazal tov to each other on their birthdays.  The  custom  to  send  a  birthday  card,  while  far from any form of halachic obligation or established custom, is  a  fine  way  to  make  others  feel  good  about  themselves, which  is  obviously  a  fulfillment  of  V’ahavta  l’reacha kamocha. 

Sefer  Hakatan  V’hilchosav  (chapter  84)  writes  that  the Jews of Yerushalayim made a birthday celebration for their rabbi,  Rav  Shmuel  Salant,  in  honor  of  his  seventieth  and eightieth  birthdays  respectively.  As  a  form  of  celebration,  Rav  Salant  sent  the  amount  of  coins  corresponding  to  his age to tzedakah. 

V.  Conclusion.  We  have  explored  the  concept  of  a  birthday  and  a birthday  celebration  from  a  Jewish  standpoint.  As  with  anything  positive  in  our  lives,  we  have  found  that  our  rabbinic  leaders  have developed  uniquely  Jewish  ways  to  celebrate  a  birthday.  Using  the opportunity  of  a  birthday  to  rethink  our  priorities,  strengthen  our commitment  to  torah,  and  our  commitment  to  other  people  would  certainly be a most productive method of celebration.

As you can see the conclusion and recommended ways of marking the date validates the previous article I posted concerning the Rebbes ideas on observing this date.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:09:47 PM by muman613 »

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 05:38:01 PM »
A little late but Happy birthday, Chaim.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision