Author Topic: Tzipi Hotovely and Moshe Feiglin Unlikely to be Likud Knesset Members next time  (Read 3100 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/189394#.VKWHOtKUc1I
Two of Likud's leading advocates for increased Jewish presence on the Temple Mount – Moshe Feiglin and Tzipi Hotovely – appear to be on their way out of the Knesset, with 99% of the votes in the party primaries counted. Meanwhile, the number two spot after the prime minister was captured by Minister Gilad Erdan.

Since the results of the count began to be known, Deputy Minister Hotovely had been vying with former MK Avi Dichter for the 20th spot on the list, which is the last one that is considered realistic, out of the spots that are currently being decided. Spots 21 to 25 are reserved for people who will represent districts or sectors, or who will be appointed by the prime minister.

She was leading over Dichter in the initial hours but Dichter later took the lead and has maintained it, with the counting nearly over. Hotovely will be in the 26th spot – at a time when polls predicts no more than 24 seats for the ruling party.

Hotovely is the only religious female MK on Likud's roster.

In any case, the Likud's “leading woman” is shaping up to be Miri Regev – who is also an advocate for Jewish rights on the Temple Mount. Regev is in the fifth spot, after Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein, and ministers Gilad Erdan and Yisrael Katz. The former leading woman in the party, Limor Livnat, has bowed out of politics.

Gila Gamliel, who is currently Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Office, is in the 10th spot.

Meanwhile, Deputy Knesset Speaker Moshe Feiglin is out of the realistic zone for election to the 20th Knesset. Former MK Ayoub Kara has outflanked him and pushed him to the 36th spot.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/189386#.VKWIntKUc1I
Michael Pu'ah, a close confidante of Moshe Feiglin and a member of the Likud Elections Committee, railed against the election process in the Likud, after it emerged that Feiglin would not achieve a “realistic” position - among the top 20 - on the Likud list.

Pu'ah attributed Feiglin's exclusion from the list to the direct intervention of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, who, he told Arutz Sheva, has long been looking for ways to “dump” Feiglin.

“Instead of a 'celebration of democracy,' as Netanyahu is portraying it, this was a farce of democracy,” said Pu'ah. “I walked out of the vote counting in the middle of the night, after it emerged that Netanyahu had 'fired' observers from the vote count process,” with no one supervising the voting process.

As a result, “there is no connection between the truth and the results of the primary. We will probably never know the truth, but I do not believe the results they are telling us,” said Pu'ah.

According to Pu'ah, Netanyahu justified removing the observers to Judge Menachem Ne'eman by saying that it was unfair for observers from some factions - like Pu'ah and Feiglin's Manhigut Yehudit - to be present at the vote counting when observers from others were absent.

“Netanyahu called up the judge in the middle of the night and twisted his arm to agree to this, in violation of all the promises he made to me and others.

“Anyone who acts in this manner has made it clear that he is not interested in accurate results,” said Pu'ah. “By the time we got a chance to make our case heard, it was too late. Who knows what went on for the two hours when there were no observers in the counting process?”

Pu'ah did not say if he would challenge the results of the vote, or take other action to invalidate the results.
Even if the accusations are true it doesn't change the facts that Feiglin supporters were led on a wild goose chase, with the hope that there was a real chance that he could get to the top or near the top this time with Likud.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Should have not stayed in Likud.

How is otzma doing?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Likud's Primaries are un-democratic. Why are certain people reserved spots? Why are some spots reserved for women? They did this to Feiglin many years ago and he didn't make it. I think that was the 2003 Election. Because certain spots were reserved, he got pushed back many seats behind.

Tzippy Hotovely and Feiglin should join the Jewish Home and try to take it over instead of Bennett.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
This is a scathing indictment of Israeli voters, isn't it?

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
The Likud's G-dless Secularist Land for Peace faces are all so WRONG WRONG WRONG!!

R.Kahane called the Likud neveiloh (= corrupt meat). May it be Hashem's will that they be utterly erased at the next election!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member

I would say yes.   This is just crazy.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Likud's Primaries are un-democratic. Why are certain people reserved spots? Why are some spots reserved for women? They did this to Feiglin many years ago and he didn't make it. I think that was the 2003 Election. Because certain spots were reserved, he got pushed back many seats behind.

Tzippy Hotovely and Feiglin should join the Jewish Home and try to take it over instead of Bennett.

LOL, why?  Hotovely was one of those Bibi Appointees who outranked Feiglin in year's past!   She is a bibi drone, just like bennett.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Feiglin to hold a conference next week
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/313414#.VKXUdpscQ3g

Will he have spring a political surprise?

Or at 53 is he a spent limp wet noodle flogging the carcass of a dead Likud horse?

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 06:26:57 PM by Yerusha »

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I would say yes.   This is just crazy.
What do Israelis care about if they don't care about surviving? Baby butchering? Fag "marriage"?

• Gold Star JTF Member
Feiglin to hold a conference next week
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/313414#.VKXUdpscQ3g

Will he have spring a political surprise?

Or at 53 is he a spent limp wet noodle flogging the carcass of a dead Likud horse?

These lame insults are illogical.   How is Likud a "dead horse" when its current leader is prime minister and most likely will be again when it forms the coalition govt?   Come on man, stop your delusions.   Just because you want Likud to be dead does not mean that it is.  Just because you want Bennett to be moshiach, he definitely isn't.   Just because you think "Jewish" Home will lead the country, it very likely will not, and if it does under Bennett you are looking at Bibi 2.0

Doesn't anyone here remember what Bibi used to preach?   Peace through economic prosperity for Arabs.   Now that he's prime minister, he preaches peace through 2-state solutions with John Kerry.     Instead he has his lapdog Naftali Bennett preaching his old "Buy them toilets" nonsense.   You're a supposed "kahanist" and yet you fall for this junk because you are so enamored with the Bennett personality cult.  It's pathetic.  (among other things).

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
If there's a TV debate between Bennett & Pipi, which I doubt, Bennett will wipe the floor with him.

A PM Bennett will then employ his loyal friends from his Sayaret Matkal cadre to force some changes in Israel at the point of the bayonet (even though the IDF does not issue bayonets to its troops!).

Bennett may well be candidate for being the Moshiach ben Yosef, albeit a low grade one, but still viable!

They say Bennett has a spark of genuine ahavas yisroel,,,,,in which case he may even allow Chaim to come on Aliya!

• Gold Star JTF Member
If there's a TV debate between Bennett & Pipi, which I doubt, Bennett will wipe the floor with him.

A PM Bennett will then employ his loyal friends from his Sayaret Matkal cadre to force some changes in Israel at the point of the bayonet (even though the IDF does not issue bayonets to its troops!).

In your wildest dreams.   

Bennett may well be candidate for being the Moshiach ben Yosef, albeit a low grade one, but still viable!

They say Bennett has a spark of genuine ahavas yisroel,,,,,in which case he may even allow Chaim to come on Aliya!

I think you need medication and institutionalization. 

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member

It's not. The voters don't pick. Only paid members of the Likud Party picked those people. It's not like in the US where anyone can register as either Democrat or Republican and vote in the Primary for free.

I think this will actually take some votes away from Likud since Right Wing voters that may have voted for Likud won't bother since the Right Wing people on the list are too far down from winning.

I doubt Feiglin himself votes Likud. When he is high up, there is no reason for him to vote Likud because he's assured of getting in, and the more votes for religious Right Wing parties, the less likely Bibi will hijack the elections and include parties like Livni's personal Movement Party and Ein Atid in his coalition.

• Gold Star JTF Member

It's not. The voters don't pick. Only paid members of the Likud Party picked those people. It's not like in the US where anyone can register as either Democrat or Republican and vote in the Primary for free.

Huh?

You have to be a registered member of Republican party to vote in the republican primary.  Yes, there is no fee.

You also have to be a registered Likud member to vote in the Likud primary.  Perhaps yes there is some small fee for that (I personally do not know).   But any registered voter can vote.

I doubt Feiglin himself votes Likud. 
  No, I'm sure he did before, especially last time when he had a realistic slot.  This time I don't know since his slot is unrealistic.   Maybe he won't.

When he is high up, there is no reason for him to vote Likud because he's assured of getting in,
He has never been high up, he has never been assured of getting in.  He landed in 15th place last time around, his highest showing ever.
And of course he was made deputy minister rather than minister, as was Danon who I think was 6th last time.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
If you are 15 on the Likud list, you are assured of getting in.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
If you are 15 on the Likud list, you are assured of getting in.

Not necessarily. In 2006 the Likud only won 12 seats!
http://knesset.gov.il/history/eng/eng_hist17_s.htm

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Not necessarily. In 2006 the Likud only won 12 seats!
http://knesset.gov.il/history/eng/eng_hist17_s.htm

That's because of Kadimah. There were three major parties. Now Kadimah is gone so it's not an issue anymore.

• Gold Star JTF Member
And let's also not forget the year Feiglin was 20th on the list but pushed down to 36th by Bibi personally.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
It is not beyond the realms of possibility that Bennett gets more seats than Likud or Labour.

They will then 100% form a Lik-Lab pact to block him!

http://www.debka.com/article/24323/Secret-Netanyahu-Herzog-deal-for-Lik-Lab-government-coalition-after-March-vote
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:21:52 PM by Yerusha »

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Despite the recount, Hotn'lovely missed out by only 55 votes
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/189509#.VKnZoJscTn4

Lisa adds:  What do you care what goes on in her bedroom with her husband?!?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:26:27 PM by Lisa »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
The whole selection is very undemocratic. Why do they reserve seats for certain people? It's even worse than the US Primaries where delegates pick candidates even if the majority voted otherwise (Hillary Clinton got more votes in the Primary than BHO.).

If you pay to join Likud and vote in their primaries, it's an internal Likud thing and they have their own rules and own judges. It's not like how you can vote in the Republican primaries which are part of the official government elections. Someone disqualified Netanyahu from running and he's still running.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
I don't know if this turn of events is just temporary or will last but according to the hebrew news site
http://www.srugim.co.il/103081-%D7%91%D7%96%D7%9B%D7%95%D7%AA-%D7%94%D7%A7%D7%9C%D7%A4%D7%99-%D7%94%D7%90%D7%91%D7%95%D7%93%D7%94-%D7%97%D7%95%D7%98%D7%95%D7%91%D7%9C%D7%99-%D7%A2%D7%95%D7%A7%D7%A4%D7%AA-%D7%90%D7%AA-%D7%93%D7%99
a missing ballot box from the settlement of Neria has suddenly turned up giving Hotoveli a 29 vote lead over former Olmert Crony, Avi Dichter, putting her up to #20 on the Likud list and sending Dichter to spot #26.
This is probably not the end of the story. There will probably be a lot of fighting about the honesty of this primary vote for some time.
Anything that throws mud and scandal on the Likud party in the end is probably a good thing given their past betrayals to true Jewish Patriots.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
I don't know if this turn of events is just temporary or will last but according to the hebrew news site
http://www.srugim.co.il/103081-%D7%91%D7%96%D7%9B%D7%95%D7%AA-%D7%94%D7%A7%D7%9C%D7%A4%D7%99-%D7%94%D7%90%D7%91%D7%95%D7%93%D7%94-%D7%97%D7%95%D7%98%D7%95%D7%91%D7%9C%D7%99-%D7%A2%D7%95%D7%A7%D7%A4%D7%AA-%D7%90%D7%AA-%D7%93%D7%99
a missing ballot box from the settlement of Neria has suddenly turned up giving Hotoveli a 29 vote lead over former Olmert Crony, Avi Dichter, putting her up to #20 on the Likud list and sending Dichter to spot #26.
This is probably not the end of the story. There will probably be a lot of fighting about the honesty of this primary vote for some time.
Anything that throws mud and scandal on the Likud party in the end is probably a good thing given their past betrayals to true Jewish Patriots.

I hate to be conspiratorial, but I find this sudden discovery of extra votes to be highly suspicious. The initial list was full of establishment hacks and closet leftists. Including Tzachi HaNegbi, a truly evil man who wrote the law used to ban Kach from elections.

I wonder if the Likud establishment decided they needed to have at least one well known right winger besides Danon in the next Knesset to keep fooling Jews into voting for them, and Hotovely was chosen as the smallest threat who still has nationalist credentials.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

• Gold Star JTF Member
I hate to be conspiratorial, but I find this sudden discovery of extra votes to be highly suspicious. The initial list was full of establishment hacks and closet leftists. Including Tzachi HaNegbi, a truly evil man who wrote the law used to ban Kach from elections.

I wonder if the Likud establishment decided they needed to have at least one well known right winger besides Danon in the next Knesset to keep fooling Jews into voting for them, and Hotovely was chosen as the smallest threat who still has nationalist credentials.

Bingo.

This seems obviously true.    Bibi said, hey wait, I wanted leftists, but I wanted my lackey fake rightwinger Hotovely still on the list.  Make it happen.