Author Topic: Question For JTFers In the Medical Field  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Question For JTFers In the Medical Field
« on: January 11, 2015, 01:30:32 PM »
Since losing weight, my finger nails have become very weak.  So I tried adding back some dairy.  Sometimes I take two calcium supplements a day.  But recently I just split the fingernail of my right ring finger vertically.  What do these vertical splits mean?  I read online that it can happen when you expose your hands to lots of cleaning solutions without wearing gloves.  But I don't do that.  I think it's more of a nutritional thing. 

Anyway, I tried cutting my nail short.  Still it's a deep split:

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Re: Question For JTFers In the Medical Field
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 02:44:24 PM »
I hope someone in the medical field does answer you. From personal experience I can tell you that calcium is great as long as you're also taking vitamin D with it, so that it can absolve. Have you tried taking Biotin? Biotin is good for the skin, hair and nails. It seems like it could just be a deficiency, I suffer from weak nails sometimes.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 03:38:54 PM »
I hope someone in the medical field does answer you. From personal experience I can tell you that calcium is great as long as you're also taking vitamin D with it, so that it can absolve. Have you tried taking Biotin? Biotin is good for the skin, hair and nails. It seems like it could just be a deficiency, I suffer from weak nails sometimes.

Thanks.  I did read about biotin. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »
I have no clue. Nails are made of keratin, not calcium. But you should eat as much calcium as you possibly can (not just supplements). Osteoporosis is a beast and most women get it.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 03:23:41 PM »
Have you ever tried Knox Gelatin, it comes in small packets...it is very good to help build strong fingernails, mix it in fruit juice because it doesn't have much flavor.    Also try cleaning your home, floors, wood,  with Murphy's Oil Soap, mix it in warm water, don't use gloves its gentle to hands and...it has oils which make your nails smooth. 

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 07:13:24 PM »
Have you ever tried Knox Gelatin, it comes in small packets...it is very good to help build strong fingernails, mix it in fruit juice because it doesn't have much flavor.    Also try cleaning your home, floors, wood,  with Murphy's Oil Soap, mix it in warm water, don't use gloves its gentle to hands and...it has oils which make your nails smooth.

Knox Gelatin is derived from a porcine source. It's not Kosher. Also, I don't think there's external factors that caused Lisa's fingernail to split.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 08:54:55 PM »
I think I'm going to cut the rest of my nails shorter to avoid any more more splits. 

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 01:53:55 AM »
Since losing weight, my finger nails have become very weak.  So I tried adding back some dairy.  Sometimes I take two calcium supplements a day.  But recently I just split the fingernail of my right ring finger vertically.  What do these vertical splits mean?  I read online that it can happen when you expose your hands to lots of cleaning solutions without wearing gloves.  But I don't do that.  I think it's more of a nutritional thing. 

Anyway, I tried cutting my nail short.  Still it's a deep split:

Is that really you in the picture? Did you know that if you click on the picture, some immodest images of blacks and others come up as well?

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 06:49:35 PM »
Is that really you in the picture? Did you know that if you click on the picture, some immodest images of blacks and others come up as well?

She uploaded it to a free image hosting site. Those are advertisements.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 08:06:04 PM »

Please.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 09:39:48 PM »

Those are certainly my fingers in the picture.  I think I would make a good male hand model.  What do you guys think?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 09:49:56 AM »
Male hands?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 10:29:24 AM »
multivitamin, milk.  Cut your nails short and don't put nail polish.  I have heard of some oils which can strengthen the nails...You can go to Salus since they know better.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 11:05:17 AM »