Author Topic: My Ask JTF question.  (Read 930 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
My Ask JTF question.
« on: January 11, 2015, 02:50:04 PM »

Their is limited words one can write and I hope it is understood well.

Basically this week I am asking the question of- what good does it make to call for and to Jews in France to make Aliyah in order to escape anti-Semitism and being murdered (g-D forbid!) if in Israel it is the same exact story? Of-course I encourage and want us to make Aliyah especially for reasons of Kiddush Hashem, BUT in regards to Jewish safety, at least at the present time it is just as bad, perhaps even worse in Israel than in France. In the long run of-course the only solution is to go to Israel and to take our destiny into our own hands, but at least for the individual, single individual or family it is probably safer in France (at this current time) than in Israel. Just making Aliyah is not the solution. Making Aliyah and coming to the land of Israel includes kicking out (or the other 2 options) the enemies who occupy it as well. So just calls for Aliyah does not solve the issues.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: My Ask JTF question.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »
In other words, what's the point of Jews living in Israel if they're going to be kumbaya/can't we all get along type lefties who'll give up Jewish land to moosies?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 04:33:18 PM »
In other words, what's the point of Jews living in Israel if they're going to be kumbaya/can't we all get along type lefties who'll give up Jewish land to moosies?

Not exactly. Of-course their is benefit (especially spiritual) in being in Israel, but if Netanyahu is going to tell French Jews to make Aliyah because it isn't safe in France because of Muslims terrorism, then it is somewhat hypocritical because the same, and even worse is happening in Israel (and a lot greater in numbers) and not enough is being done to stop it.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline South Korean Zionist

• New JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 06:28:33 PM »
I agree Tag-MehirTzedek, how can Bibi say safety is the main concern when Jews are arguably safer in France. Jews should make Aliyah because they LOVE Israel, not fear death, although the latter is certainly a reason to move.