Author Topic: Does Feiglin Support the Green Leaf Marijuana Party?  (Read 694 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Does Feiglin Support the Green Leaf Marijuana Party?
« on: January 14, 2015, 11:34:35 AM »
http://www.jpost.com/Israel-Elections/Editor-of-popular-marijuana-news-website-to-head-Green-Leaf-party-in-2015-campaign-385078

Or is he just in favor of "medical" marijuana?
The Green Leaf political party described in the link above probably also got a "boost" since I recently heard Colorodo legalized the drug
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/28/us/10-things-colorado-recreational-marijuana/index.html
What impact is this law having there in the USA?

Just interested in the topic although my guess is the same Rabbis who are against smoking cigars for health reasons are against this also.
In addition making the drug readily available probably leads to crime, car accidents, and putting lust before logic.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Does Feiglin Support the Green Leaf Marijuana Party?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 11:44:03 AM »
The Green Leaf Party is also extreme Left Wing. Israel doesn't need one issue parties where someone votes because of one issue and in the meantime neglects the country and allows extreme Left parties to take over and hand the country over to the Arab Muslim Nazis. The same can be said of the Pensioners party which enabled the Smolmert regime to take power.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 04:45:46 PM »
Once again I stand with sensible medical usage of MJ...

My step-father who is suffering with cancer and his doctor recently suggested he try THC/Cannibis oil which in some tests have been shown to shrink tumors... Unfortunately in CT where they live it is very expensive...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 08:43:59 PM »
  Medical marijuana should be legal 100%. Recreational, I'm not 100% sure if I think yes or no, but I am probably more inclined for legalization as well. Why waste all of that time and resources making a "war on drugs" that failed and only wastes $? All the police needed, the jails, the courts, etc. etc. + The $ goes to drug dealers instead of to society. Those who want to smoke it, do so and will so anyway.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 09:32:56 AM »
Definitely medical marijuana..not sure about the recreational though.

I do understand where he is coming from. I learned that Feiglin's wife suffers from MS or something along that line and I'm pretty sure there is some research that supports the use of medical THC to help patients who are in her condition.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 09:36:30 AM »
Correction..she suffers from Parkinson's disease and is in a wheelchair.  Still, medical THC could be something that still could help her symptoms.  I might be wrong though.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 07:16:54 AM »
Feiglin wrote that he became interested in medical MJ when his father was dying and needed it. Yes his wife has Parkinsons and MJ is helpful for Parkinsons and is allowed for it in Israel. There is just a ridiculously large amount of paperwork and beurocratic hell to go through  to get hold of it.

Feiglin wants it just being prescribed the way other drugs are, like say antihistamines or antidepressants or opiate pain killers - , just a precription from a doctor and then go to the pharmacist.

I heard him say in an interview that he is not against MJ being used recreationally because he is a libertarian and believes that most people won't abuse it even if it were legal.

However his battle and main concern is for medical marijuana.