Author Topic: Is King Abdullah practicing Taqiyya?  (Read 869 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Is King Abdullah practicing Taqiyya?
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:25:09 PM »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Is King Abdullah practicing Taqiyya?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 08:40:28 PM »
I've read other articles about this.  I think what King Abdullah was just trying to call the pilot a hero or a martyr.  I don't think he was calling the pilot a suicide bomber.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 08:41:30 PM »
Anyway, I read this morning that Jordan executed that woman terrorist that bombed some hotels, and some other Iraqi guy.  Good for them.  And so far, I haven't heard of anyone calling for Jordan to show restraint.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 09:34:34 PM »
Apparently Abdullah himself participated in Jordan's first airstrike which has killed 55 ISIS

https://twitter.com/PzFeed/status/563136521318825984/photo/1

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 12:13:05 AM »
I've read other articles about this.  I think what King Abdullah was just trying to call the pilot a hero or a martyr.  I don't think he was calling the pilot a suicide bomber.

He used the word shahid which the translation translated it as "martyr". Maybe it was Muslim vs. Muslim martyr like they always kill each other. But I thought he looked silly with the kafiya. He looks more British than Arab so it doesn't fit with his looks. It didn't look silly when his father wore it though.

Abdullah knows how to talk to Arabs in their language and also knows how to talk to Westerners. It's like Obama knows how to talk to whites but knows how to go ape around blacks.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »
Wish there were some muslims that were trustworthy...I am loosing any confidence in them.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 05:16:05 PM »
Jordan coming in to fight ISIS.

If there is one good thing that comes out of it, more Muslims will killing more Muslims.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »

He used the word shahid which the translation translated it as "martyr". Maybe it was Muslim vs. Muslim martyr like they always kill each other. But I thought he looked silly with the kafiya. He looks more British than Arab so it doesn't fit with his looks. It didn't look silly when his father wore it though.

Abdullah knows how to talk to Arabs in their language and also knows how to talk to Westerners. It's like Obama knows how to talk to whites but knows how to go ape around blacks.

The word Martyr simply means that a person died for what they believed in. It has no special significance to Islam, Christianity, or Judaism (we have our martyrs too, Rabbi Akiva and the Ten Martyrs are the best example).

https://dictionary.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AwrTcdbr89NUr7cA5lAnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTB0ZWVkYm84BHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1lIUzAwMl8x?p=martyr&.sep=

martyr

n.noun

One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles.

One who makes great sacrifices or suffers much in order to further a belief, cause, or principle.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 12:09:55 AM »
But he said shahid. A shahid is only a Muslim martyr.