Author Topic: The Munsters : 50 Years of TV culture  (Read 1110 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The Munsters : 50 Years of TV culture
« on: February 13, 2015, 02:18:55 AM »
I would like to share with those interested in remembering the past.

The Munsters was a TV show which aired in the mid 60s, when I was born, and it has been a part of American culture for 50 years. As this documentary explores the significance the Munsters played in the field of broadcast entertainment.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: The Munsters : 50 Years of TV culture
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 09:37:09 AM »
I watched it all the time as a teenager.....It was a clean show....Herman, Lily, Marilyn, Eddie, Grandpa, and Spot.

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 08:25:56 AM »
I watched it as a child in England in the 80's. Only meant to watch a short clip but could not stop. Thanks for posting that.

US 60's TV shows seemed to dominate for so many years after the 60's finished. I can hardly remember "Family Ties", "Mr Belvedere" or other horrible 80's shows yet Munsters and Batman and Star Trek are still remembered years later.
It's not like that in the UK, in the UK it tends to be 70's shows that had the lasting influence instead. e.g Faulty Towers, "Masterpiece Theatre" type costume drams like Upstairs Downstairs etc.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:02:31 AM »
oh yeah it was great. except grampa was a raging communist.

https://www.google.com/#q=al+lewis+communist
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 10:23:13 AM »
Marilyn is looking pretty risque for her day.     :o
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 04:12:02 PM »
Marilyn is looking pretty risque for her day.     :o

Hello BC3,

Maybe so but I think that the shows in the 60s would never show any homosexual relations. At least Marilyn dated men... So too with Star Trek, at least Capn Kirk was heterosexual, and he always flirted with the cute ensigns.....

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 02:26:30 PM »
Yeah, Sulu (George Takei) was kept in the closet in those days. 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 05:35:50 PM »
Yeah, Sulu (George Takei) was kept in the closet in those days.

poor sulu... The saddest part of the Star Trek story...

In other news it seems that Leonard Nimoy (Mr Spock) was admitted to the hospital today. I recently learned he was suffering form COPD... I wish him Refuah Shelaimah...

http://www.eonline.com/news/628890/leonard-nimoy-seems-to-be-ok-after-reported-hospitalization-for-chest-pains-reminds-fans-life-is-a-garden