Author Topic: THIS GUY SAID HE VOTED FOR JDL  (Read 1798 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

Re: THIS GUY SAID HE VOTED FOR JDL
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 08:34:18 AM »
Are they a party in Israel or does JDL stand for something else over there?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 08:49:59 AM »
No i don'nt know of any party in Israel other the Kahanist who would use JDL  I GUESS HE MEANS HE FOLLOWS RABBI MEIR KAHANE

JPost.com » Features » Article

Mar. 14, 2007 13:44 | Updated Aug. 19, 2007 11:00
About me: W. Zev Shohet
Print Subscribe 
E-mail Toolbar 

Talkbacks for this article: 1

TRY ONE YOURSELF>>>

Residence: Bat Yam, Israel
Married? With children? Yes, first on the way

Education: Phd

Pets: None

Religious affiliation / observance: Respectfully secular

Last person / party I voted for: JDL

Next person / party I will vote for: Undecided

My history (100 words max): I was born in the United States, to a conservative family. Grew up in Madison, Wisconsin where I learned that Liberals are insane. Practiced law in the States until I could take no more. I moved to Israel in 2000 where I learned that it is ok to be a Jew. But am finding that, even here, it may soon be a crime
Family history (100 words max): Born to a professor and a Jacqueline of all trades common sense mother who could out-work any man and out-cook any safta. Moved away in college, and never really made it back. Moved to Israel, where my bride of a few short months and I reside already, Bs"D, expecting our firstborn

My connection with Israel: I grew up with a sense of pride that a people who numbered not even in the tens of millions worldwide, had returned to the promised land and, against all odds, defend it against anyone who would try to take it away. Now I live and breathe here, and here is where I belong

What I would take with me to a deserted island: Ariel Sharon, Rabbi Meir Kahane, Mike Ditka, my father, a shesh besh set and a deck of cards. Imagine the conversations

If I could have dinner with any person in the world it would be: My grandfather, Dr. Allen S. Shohet, of Oak Park, Illinois. The greatest man I shall ever have had the privilege to know

What angers you: Small minds, small people, and big government. I cannot stand people who go through life like pack animals, nose to tail, following because they do not know any better

What makes you happy: My wonderful wife and the blessings that G-d has seen fit to bestow upon us

Last book I read was: A day in the life of Ivan Denisovitch, by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, for about the 20th time

Comfort food: BBQ, breakfast, and samsa (Uzbekistan style meat pastry with lamb, herbs, & spices)

My life five years from now: Bs"D, a family of four

You may not like it but I have something controversial to say: You seldom have to be right to be popular, and and are even less frequently popular if you are

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 08:53:07 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 09:16:29 AM »
Kach was sometimes called the Israeli JDL, that might be what he was refering to
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

newman

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 09:20:33 AM »
Kach was sometimes called the Israeli JDL, that might be what he was refering to

And he says he's secular......there may be hope, afterall.  :)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 09:21:18 AM »

And he says he's secular......there may be hope, afterall.  :)
True

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 09:54:42 AM »
Hello mord, and good day to you.

From my understanding many of the original JDL members were non-Orthodox.   Perhaps Jimmy can add a bit more.

It is the hope and belief of the Jewish people that all good Jews will return home and become Torah observant eventually.  I personally pray that all good Jews will eventually find Torah, and help bring about final redemption.  We have many good Jews on this forum who are working on that as we speak.

Kindest regards,
Christopher
Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 10:01:20 AM »
Hello mord, and good day to you.

From my understanding many of the original JDL members were non-Orthodox.   Perhaps Jimmy can add a bit more.

It is the hope and belief of the Jewish people that all good Jews will return home and become Torah observant eventually.  I personally pray that all good Jews will eventually find Torah, and help bring about final redemption.  We have many good Jews on this forum who are working on that as we speak.

Kindest regards,
Christopher
Yes i think you are right about the original JDL

Shot at 2010-01-03