Author Topic: Eli Yishai's Rabbi: HaRambam would burn Chabadniks to death (new JTF video)  (Read 5126 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

HaRav Meir Mazuz, the Rabbi who makes halachic decisions for Eli Yishai and the Yachad party, said that HaRambam would burn the Chabadniks to death for ruling that Jews can eat before praying during seudah shlishit (the third meal) on Shabbat. In a radio interview 10 years ago, Rabbi Mazuz calls the Chabadniks "evil", "heretics", "lunatics", "ignoramuses", and "idol-worshippers". Rabbi Mazuz says Chabadnikim are "cursed" and we are not allowed to pray with them or accept them as witnesses. Rabbi Mazuz also attacks the Lubavitcher Rebbe and the earlier Rebbes of Chabad.

This is the party that Baruch Marzel is running with.

We did a video to express our shock that such hatred would be directed against the good Jews of Chabad because of some differences of opinion on halachic matters.

Of course, the video is in Hebrew. I will discuss this in further detail on this week's Ask JTF, G-d willing.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LwlQvGcp5IM

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Rebbitzin Kahane wears a sheitel as do the vast majority of religious Ashkenazi women.
Who does this idiot think he is?

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Unfair slant on Rabbi Mazuz. and I am upset Chaim that you presented it that way!
He talked respectfully about the Rebbe of Lubavitch.
He was upset that some particular Chabad rabbi was trying to convince, someone who already was wearing, a sephardic approved type of head covering to switch over to a wig.
He claimed that even the Rebbe of Lubavitch was against this and only encouraged wearing wigs for married women who otherwise wouldn't cover thier hair at all. Then he quoted other rabbis who had some hostile comments about wearing wigs. He didn't make it up on his own.
He rightfully called it heretical for those segments of Chabad that were claiming that G-d had descended into a human body and he is the Rebbe of Lubavitch.
If you believe that is Okay Chaim, it is you who have a religious problem.
 He was not attacking those in Chabad who don't hold that view.
He was upset about certain innovations of Chabad in Halacha that go against nearly what everyone else says.
I am happy that Chabad is standing with us on the land of Israel, but I am not going to let it cloud my thinking on other issues.
You should also know that the Rebbe of Chabad was against Israel starting the 6 day war. It was only after it took place, and Israel liberated much of Biblical Israel did he take the right-wing position of being against concessions.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Unfair slant on Rabbi Mazuz. and I am upset Chaim that you presented it that way!
He was upset that some particular Chabad rabbi was trying to convince, someone who already was wearing, a sephardic approved type of head covering to switch over to a wig.
He claimed that even the Rebbe of Lubavitch was against this and only encouraged wearing wigs for married women who otherwise wouldn't cover thier hair at all. Then he quoted other rabbis who had some hostile comments about wearing wigs. He didn't make it up on his own.
He rightfully called it heretical for those segments of Chabad that were claiming that G-d had descended into a human body and he is the Rebbe of Lubavitch.
He was upset about certain innovations of Chabad in Halacha that go against nearly what everyone else says.
I am happy that Chabad is standing with us on the land of Israel, but I am not going to let it cloud my thinking on other issues.
You should also know that the Rebbe of Chabad was against Israel starting the 6 day war. It was only after it took place, and Israel liberated much of Biblical Israel did he take the right-wing position of being against concessions.
No the Rebbe,ZT"L was for wigs lchatchila & said it was more machmir thena headscarf or hat because it hid the natural hair better.
Having said that I heard that this as 10-15 years ago.
I am not sure but I am with Chaim on this.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Rabbi Mazuz claimed in the quote that someone who was a descendant of Chatam Sofer asked the Rebbe of Lubavitch if they could make a switch to a wig, And he said no, because Chatam Sofer forbids it. Rabbi Mazuz I am not the judge to say who is right and who is wrong claimed that this same ruling of the Rebbe of Lubavitch not to switch also applies to Sephardi women.
Maybe you are right ChabadKahanist that your understanding of the Rebbe is more accurate. But it is not a black and white issue.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
In this Hebrew site which is sort of like a Chabad encyclopedia, the claim is made that Rabbi Mazuz actually had a close connection with Chabad and taught in a Chabad school at age 17
and held the Rebbe of Lubavich in high regard.

http://chabadpedia.co.il/index.php?title=%D7%9E%D7%90%D7%99%D7%A8_%D7%9E%D7%96%D7%95%D7%96

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
picture of a friendly meeting between Rabbi Mazuz and the Rebbe of Lubavitch

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

HaRav Meir Mazuz, the Rabbi who makes halachic decisions for Eli Yishai and the Yachad party, said that HaRambam would burn the Chabadniks to death for ruling that Jews can eat before praying during seudah shlishit (the third meal) on Shabbat. In a radio interview 10 years ago, Rabbi Mazuz calls the Chabadniks "evil", "heretics", "lunatics", "ignoramuses", and "idol-worshippers". Rabbi Mazuz says Chabadnikim are "cursed" and we are not allowed to pray with them or accept them as witnesses. Rabbi Mazuz also attacks the Lubavitcher Rebbe and the earlier Rebbes of Chabad.

What does it mean that Jews can eat at Seudah Shlishit before praying? Does it mean that it's permissible to do Seudah Shlishit before Mincha?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member

What does it mean that Jews can eat at Seudah Shlishit before praying? Does it mean that it's permissible to do Seudah Shlishit before Mincha?

Yes, that's what its referring to.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member

בס''ד

Not true.

1. Rabbi Mazuz directly attacked האדמו''ר הזקן (the Alta Rebbe) using the most vicious language possible. Anyone who attacks the Alta Rebbe is attacking all of Chabad.

2. Rabbi Mazuz claimed that the Alta Rebbe wanted to cancel seudah shlishit and that another Rebbe (he didn't specify who) wanted to cancel seudah reviit. He called these Rebbes and their followers lunatics who preach heresy and said they were turning the "admor" (the Rebbe) into a G-d. "If the Rambam were alive today, he would burn them (to death), he would give them the judgement of burning", Rabbi Mazuz stated. Earlier in the interview, Rabbi Mazuz said that women who wear wigs will burn in hell.

3. Rabbi Mazuz called Chabad rabbis who tell women to wear wigs "reshaim" (evil doers) and "arurim" (cursed). In Torah Judaism, that is just about the strongest language you could use against someone.

Anyone who knows anything about Shas rabbis knows that is not at all unusual for them. They routinely curse Jews and even rabbis who in any way disagree with them. But they do not curse Jewish traitors who give away Jewish land or who free Muslim mass murderers - the self-hating Jewish traitors were supported by Shas.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Eli Yishai's Rabbi: HaRambam would burn Chabadniks to death (new JTF video)
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 01:15:05 AM »
The fake Kahanists are a real danger to Israel.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 01:33:15 AM »
Chaim ben Pesach
The main title of this thread is Re: Eli Yishai's Rabbi: HaRambam would burn Chabadniks to death (new JTF video)
You imply that this is mainstream Chabad he is talking about. Rabbi Mazuz was talking about those that deify the Rebbe, (although Rambam specifically by means of fire).
Point 2 It is in the Talmud to observe Seuda Shlishit. Anyone who doesn't offer a very good reason to stop that Sabbath meal is distorting the halacha.
Point 3 He wasn't against American Ashkenazi married women who would only wear a wig or nothing at all. He came against a particular rabbi who was trying to convince Sephardic women who were keeping the proper Sephardic custom, to go down a level, to a wig , which is a controversial hair covering , because if the hair covering looks too much like the real hair, at least it is violating the spirit of the law and some (but not all) would view it as violating the letter of the law.

Although I didn't notice in the talk that he said anything extreme about the Alta Rebbe, but let's say I missed that point. We know there was a heated controversy between the Vilna Gaon and the Alta Rebbe. Maybe Rabbi Mazuz holds like the Vilna Gaon. Since that time Chassidim and Mainstream Jews have learned to get along despite our disagreements on certain issues.
You made it seem that Rabbi Mazuz was a Chabad Hater. He for the most part likes Chabad as I already pointed out in the link I provided above.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 01:39:36 AM »
http://www.shmais.com/chabad-news/latest/item/rabbi-meir-mazuz-and-the-lesson-he-learned-from-the-rebbe
This is from a Chabad site
Rabbi Meir Mazuz and the Lesson He Learned from the Rebbe
Posted Sunday, May 1 2011 9:36pm in Chabad News, Israel

When Tomim Moshe Chaim Chanunu of Kfar Chabad gave Rabbi Meir Mazuz, rosh yeshiva of Kisay Rachamim in Bnei Brak, a copy of his sefer Ateres Moshe, Rabbi Mazuz gave him a fifty-shekel note even before turning a single page.

Rabbi Mazuz explained where he had learned this practice: “The Lubavitcher Rebbe said that one should always pay for a book.”

Rabbi Mazuz’s father-in-law explained that he says this anyone who gives him a copy of a sefer that has been recently published. Rabbi Mazuz loves the Rebbe very much, and he has visited the Ohel several times in recent years.

(SOURCE & PHOTO: COL.ORG.IL)
Typing correction for previous post I meant to write Rambam does not specifically say that heretics are killed by means of fire.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 01:57:17 AM »
Soncino translation of part of tractate Shabbat page 118
R. Simeon b. Pazzi said in the name of R. Joshua b. Levi in Bar Kappara's name: He who observes
[the practice of] three meals on the Sabbath is saved from three evils: the travails of the Messiah,12
the retribution of Gehinnom,13 and the wars of Gog and Magog.14 ‘The travails of the Messiah’:
‘day’ is written here;15 whilst there it is written, Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the
great and terrible day of the Lord comes.16 The retribution of Gehinnom’: ‘day’ is written here;
whilst there it is written, That day is a day of wrath.17 ‘The wars of Gog and Magog’: ‘day’ is written
here; whilst there it is written, in that day when Gog shall come.18
Footnotes
(12) The advent of the Messiah was pictured as being preceded by years of great distress.
(13) Purgatory.
(14) Also a time of intense suffering.
(15) V. supra 117b bottom.
(16) Mal. III, 2. (E.V. IV, 5). This is understood to refer to the advent of the Messiah.
(17) Zeph. I, 15.
(18) Ezek. XXXVIII, 18. Since ‘day’ is mentioned three times in connection with the Sabbath meals (supra 117b), their
observance will save one from the bitter experiences of these three ‘days’.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 07:57:13 AM »
בס''ד

edu, you are not looking at this objectively because you obviously support this political party.

Rabbi Mazuz directly attacked the Alta Rebbe, who is the founding Rebbe of the Chabad movement. Instead of saying you didn't notice the attack, why don't you take the time to go back and listen instead of continuing to repeat the dishonest spin of Yishai's people?

Attacking the Alta Rebbe is attacking all of Chabad. Period.

I am also amazed to see you justify the crazy language used here. Rabbi Mazuz said that the Rambam would burn Chabad members. He said we should burn their sifrei Torah. You are writing explanations here to justify this hatred?

Again because of your blind spot in favor of this Shas-like party, you are ignoring what I wrote which you can check by just listening to the interview. Rabbi Mazuz said that women who wear wigs will burn in hell. He didn't say women who switch to wigs, but all women who wear wigs. I want to see Rabbi Mazuz say that people who supported Oslo and Arafat and expelling Jews will burn in hell. Oh wait he can't say that because that includes Eli Yishai and HaRav Ovadia.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 08:51:57 AM »
בס''ד

edu, you are not looking at this objectively because you obviously support this political party.

Rabbi Mazuz directly attacked the Alta Rebbe, who is the founding Rebbe of the Chabad movement. Instead of saying you didn't notice the attack, why don't you take the time to go back and listen instead of continuing to repeat the dishonest spin of Yishai's people?

Attacking the Alta Rebbe is attacking all of Chabad. Period.

I am also amazed to see you justify the crazy language used here. Rabbi Mazuz said that the Rambam would burn Chabad members. He said we should burn their sifrei Torah. You are writing explanations here to justify this hatred?

Again because of your blind spot in favor of this Shas-like party, you are ignoring what I wrote which you can check by just listening to the interview. Rabbi Mazuz said that women who wear wigs will burn in hell. He didn't say women who switch to wigs, but all women who wear wigs. I want to see Rabbi Mazuz say that people who supported Oslo and Arafat and expelling Jews will burn in hell. Oh wait he can't say that because that includes Eli Yishai and HaRav Ovadia.
I totally agree with Chaim on this.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 12:49:17 PM »
10:30- to 10:40 in the video he says, that the Rebbe thought women would be too embarrassed (in his region) to cover their heads, so he relied on those that permit wigs.
He is therefore admitting some permit wigs, but then he goes on to say in his opinion that everyone would agree that the Sephardic type of hair cover is much better.
Go back to the video.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 01:12:45 PM »
Chaim Ben Pesach
Nothing to do with that. Rather I myself, in past years have discussed and tried to convince people on some of the issues raised by Rabbi Mazuz even though I don't have the same style of talk that he has. I feel that these issues are being stepped upon in order to advance a certain agenda.
I couldn't care less if you or the whole JTF boycott the Israeli election or vote for a party with no chance of getting in as a protest vote.
I'm not even sure elections in general are the way to advance the redemption. Maybe yes, Maybe no.
If you do a search of JTF.org I was the first person to bring up some very negative statements and views of Eli Yishai and R. Ovadia Yosef.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 01:28:23 PM »
I think "rabbi" Mazuz must have obtained his ordination in some Tunisian Madrasa.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »
I think "rabbi" Mazuz must have obtained his ordination in some Tunisian Madrasa.
:laugh: :::D :::D :::D :::D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 07:31:25 PM »
Shame on this 'rabbi' for advancing his 'Sinat Chinam' plan... I will never listen to such a wicked man as this 'rabbi'.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 10:10:28 PM »
Theyeshivaworld had an article on this. Maybe I will post later. Or someone can post the recent article. He says he defended the Lubavitch Rebbe.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
Unfair slant? If an Ashkenazi rabbi would say similar things against shas or Ovadia Yosef, he would be ostracized and labeled an "evil heretic", and calls would be to revoke his rabbinic smicha and excommunicate him. But Sephardic/Mizrahi rabbis can say whatever evil and insane things they want and everyone should remain silent and not even question them? This mentality is insane and is the reason why Orthodoxy falls apart. You have a rabbi here who uses the most vile language possible against good Jews because he disagrees with their custom, openly incites violent activities against them, and calls for their religious literature to be burned. Do you really expect such vicious attacks to be ignored? No, their attacks against Ashkenazi Jews, women, and anyone else who disagrees with their psychotic views will not be ignored. This is disgusting that we enabled handing our religion over to these bandits. 

If we can't criticize them, fine, let's have an impeachment process against such "rabbis".
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
Unfair slant? If an Ashkenazi rabbi would say similar things against shas or Ovadia Yosef, he would be ostracized and labeled an "evil heretic", and calls would be to revoke his rabbinic smicha and excommunicate him. But Sephardic/Mizrahi rabbis can say whatever evil and insane things they want and everyone should remain silent and not even question them? This mentality is insane and is the reason why Orthodoxy falls apart. You have a rabbi here who uses the most vile language possible against good Jews because he disagrees with their custom, openly incites violent activities against them, and calls for their religious literature to be burned. Do you really expect such vicious attacks to be ignored? No, their attacks against Ashkenazi Jews, women, and anyone else who disagrees with their psychotic views will not be ignored. This is disgusting that we enabled handing our religion over to these bandits. 

If we can't criticize them, fine, let's have an impeachment process against such "rabbis".

You are blinded by your hate and sounding really dumb.  Chaim runs this site.  He criticizes anyone who does wrong, no matter their skin color or background.  This thread is proof of that!  It was a post about a Shas party rabbi.  Stop crying that we do not allow certain ethnicities to get critiqued just because you hate that ethnicity and love to play the victim card.   Just stop crying.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Sefardim, or more properly "Mizrachim", used to be know in the Ottoman Empire as "Mistaravim" ie "Arabized Jews".

After 1000 years living amongst Arabs, it is inevitable that some Arab traits have rubbed off on Mizrachim.

The main trait of an Arab is that he is full of hate. Mizrachi Jews are not full of hate, but they have a greater propensity for hatred in them than eg an Ashkenazic Jew. The trait of hatred can be very useful, but not when focused against eg Chabad, who for all the murky Meshichismus of some of them, are virtually the only Hassidim who oppose Land for Peace.