Author Topic: what to do about Iran  (Read 639 times)

Offline shai77

• Full JTFer
what to do about Iran
« on: February 26, 2015, 10:56:22 PM »
Do you think Iran is an enigma a test from Hashem that the Israelites repent and then he will destroy the program?
Do you think Israel should take proactive action and if so, how?
I think it is unlikely that the majority of Israel becomes shomer mitzvot so are we looking at more decades of letting the program develop?
How long will the suspense last?

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Re: what to do about Iran
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 02:59:37 AM »
I think these are very good questions.  But I think the answer is a very simple one:  In no way, shape or form should we allow or permit Iran, who has publicly vowed to wipe Israel off the map, to possess the bomb.  We can only look at our recent Jewish history to know that if we don't protect ourselves then we're doomed.  I won't know when the time is right for Israel to bomb Iran's sites, but I believe that Israel will know when the time is right.  And if it has to be done, then we'll have to do it.  If these vermin will burn people alive, cut off heads, and stab and hack dogs to pieces, then what would they do to those they revile the most?

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 01:02:11 PM »
This is the question of the year.   We have an administration that makes dangerous deals with Iran, and Iran will not keep their word or agreement.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 04:18:18 PM »
Shut it down using any means necessary. I don't buy the 'peaceful nuclear' mantra they have been using.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline shai77

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:12:14 PM »
Military leadership has actually said that Iran acts rationally.

Their use of suicide such as the child soldiers in the Iran/Iraq war can be a difficult form of logic to combat.

When nuclear armament is combined with the funding of terror organizations near Israel, the situation would become more and more tense.

I would not say that they are cowards but at the same time I would not say that they are brave. Hence it is an enigma a test, and the answer to the test of survival as far as I can see must be one of 3 answers:

A. Get Israel to repent and G-d will work things out.
B. Forget about complete reliance on G-d and religion and take action in any way possible.
C. Bury your head in the sand and wait on the sidelines while the biggest events in history unfold.

If the answer is A and Israel refuses to become a Torah nation which is a high probability, then we would likely see the program constantly develop with no real end in site. This could mean 80 more years of thinking about this situation and creating a world situation in which terror could be even more commonplace.

If the answer is B, then everyday that something is not done it gets more and more difficult and by not somehow taking personal action now, you are complicit in the future result.

C. Let the politicans handle it, they know what they are doing. We have seen the results of that before.