Author Topic: What time is Bibi's speech tomorrow please?  (Read 1553 times)

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
What time is Bibi's speech tomorrow please?
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:25:01 PM »
I guess my google-search skills aren't so good.  What time is Bibi's speech, does anyone know?  I definitely want to see it.   Thanks.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: What time is Bibi's speech tomorrow please?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 06:42:15 PM »
From what I can find it is scheduled to occur tomorrow at 10:45 AM EDT...

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/netanyahus-speech-to-congress-blocked-from-u-s-prime-time-perfect-for-israel/2015/03/01/

How strange, then, that Netanyahu’s speech to Congress is slated for 10:45 a.m., east coast time. This means that very few working Americans will be able to watch the speech live; they will all be at work.

Having Netanyahu speak to Congress at 10:45 east coast time, however, means that he will be on the air in Israel during  prime viewing time, starting at about 5:50 p.m. (there will be a five minute delay in Israel).
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:58:41 PM »
Thank you!

I agree that 10:45 a.m. is a ridiculous time for Americans.  I figured it would be on at 8:00 or 9:00 p.m.  It's the Americans who need to hear this speech, not the Israeli's.  Well, I suppose it's Congress who really needs to hear it, and they will.  And the one's who won't go, will read it or read about it.  The question is whether this speech will be effective in stopping Obama from making a really bad deal with Iran -- which is what is about to happen (Hashem forbid).

NEVER AGAIN! 

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 07:53:22 PM »
A few possibilities here.

1.  Bibi is delusional enough to believe this speech will change obama's policy via pressure from congress.
Some in congress certainly will put pressure on obama following this speech, but congress cannot control obama's foreign policy and deal making.  They are powerless in this case.

2.  Bibi recognizes the situation with obama but taking the opportunity to educate congress on what obama has done wrong and making sure to explain to the Israeli public because he plans to defy Obama at some time in the near future with actions against Iran . By making sure it is Israeli prime time viewing, his public will be appropriately braced for it and expectant of it when he defies the US (which would normally be something that scares Israelis).

3.  It's an election stunt and bibi will never do anything to Iran.

I want it to be #2 so much but with bibi's track record, I get the sense that thinking anything other than 1 or 3 is a delusion.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 10:18:01 AM »
Another possibility is bibi wants to be remembered like churchill whose warnings against Hitler were ignored.
But if the only thing bibi does about the nuclear arming of Iran is a SPEECH to congress, he should be remembered as a coward who stood by and paved the way to destruction with inaction.   Talk is cheap and I hope this is not all he will do.