Author Topic: The 'LOVE EVERYBODY' farce!!  (Read 1482 times)

newman

The 'LOVE EVERYBODY' farce!!
« on: August 21, 2007, 01:43:37 AM »
It's no secret that that the west is being destroyed by a rising tide of moral ambiguity. What is more disappointing is that this moral ambiguity and vaccuousness is not just being perpetuated by a secular elite but also by people of religion who should know better.

How many times do you hear the well-meaning (but stupid) say..."we must love everyone"? It all sounds very nice, doesn't it? Peace, love, no hate and all that 'jazz'.There's only one problem.........to love 'everybody' is (in effect) to love 'NOBODY'. How can love have any value, meaning or significance if it is accorded to all and sundry, regardless of their worth? Tell your wife you love her.....then add that that you also love every other woman in your neighbourhood. You'll find yourself sleeping on the couch! I assume you love your children. Do you love child mollesters, too? We love the Jewish people who have contributed so much to our civilisation. Are we to love the nazis who sent them to the ovens? We love the Doctors and nurses who care for the sick. Do we love the suicide bomber, too?

Any sensible person knows that is you teach school children every religion on the planet, you are (in fact) saying to the child "They're all the same, all equal, take your pick......it doesn't matter". You have actually tought NO religion. What about teaching ALL values? Say to your daughters..." Well, one set of values is to keep youself for your husband, another is to spread your legs for anybody in the back seat of a Chevrolet......it's all the same." You end up teaching NO values at all.

If it is true that to teach ALL value sets is to teach NO values, and to teach ALL religion  is to teach NO religion, then surely...........to love EVERYBODY is to love NOBODY.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:22:05 AM by newman »

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
Re: The 'LOVE EVERYBODY' farce!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 05:18:41 PM »
The far left  and a few others have deemed "hate" as a immoral or a "bad" feeling. Hate is a normal emotion. Those without hatred against evil, are just as dangerous of those that would gladly slice our necks and destroy our way of life. For a long time I've struggled with this issue because of the "Love thine enemy" teachings in my Theology. I don't love my enemy. Sorry 'bout this fellow Christians, I can't back down from this one. I would not expect our Military too love our enemy, I expect the Military too destroy them.

Maybe I was Jewish in a former life. ( sarcasm ) ;)
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 05:19:30 PM »
Thats true :laugh:
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 05:23:40 PM »
MW, there's either a misunderstanding of a good theology or a clear understanding of a bad theology at work here.

I'm not saying which.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 05:38:32 PM »
MW, there's either a misunderstanding of a good theology or a clear understanding of a bad theology at work here.

I'm not saying which.

That was one of the most logical posts I've come across in this chat forum. I totally understand where you are coming from.
No peace, without FREEDOM.