Author Topic: Fast American Cars  (Read 694 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Fast American Cars
« on: March 11, 2015, 01:29:22 AM »
Found this interesting documentary on the Shelby GT350 ...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Fast American Cars
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 01:56:58 AM »
It is hard to believe that back in the 60s the Mustang only had 289 HP and till the 70s only put out 306 HP....

Today my 4-cyl Mustang w/Turbo does 310 HP stock... And there are now add-ons which pump out more power...

But this 2013 Shelby GT350 has an eyeball-spinning 850 HP (advertised power output)... Does it really make 850 HP as advertised? This video investigates.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 02:40:43 AM »
Many people enjoy 'Mustang Parades' around the country. The first time I saw one was during a July 4th event I attended in 2005.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 03:05:52 AM »
Another parade vid:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 03:23:59 AM »
Wow, that was a lot of mustangs in that video... Got kinda boring in that rainy weather though...

I really like the new 2015 Mustang Ecoboost which I bought in January. I have gotten many compliments from passers-by. People have pulled up beside me to discuss the mustang. And I have been getting 27 MPG average (most of my driving is on the freeway).

This new mustang has been making news lately, it seems that this year the Mustang is the best selling car in its class, outselling Camaro and Challenger for the first 3 months of the year.

http://www.tflcar.com/2015/03/2015-ford-mustang-outsells-camaro-and-challenger-in-february-sales-report/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 08:56:27 PM »
Going Globile

This is the 1st year that Ford is selling the Mustang brand internationally. This is set to be a record year for the Mustang sales.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1097224_favorite-2015-ford-mustang-colors-vary-around-the-world

Favorite 2015 Ford Mustang Colors Vary Around The World
Mar 12, 2015

The new Ford Mustang is an immediate hit with pony car fans here in the States. That's not a surprise, of course, as the Mustang has been a beloved cultural icon for decades now, and the latest version could arguably be considered the greatest version.

Don't freak out, we love 67 Fastbacks to no end, but from a drivers point of view, the new car reigns supreme. It's not just the United States that's fallen in love, however, as the rest of the planet seems to be grabbing on to some Mustang love.

Ford says that China appears to be developing a case of Mustang fever. Over five million potential customers hit up the Ford website to check out the car, while 18,000 folks signed up to take the vehicle for a test drive. Of those ordering the car, it seems that the preferred color choice is red. That's followed by white, and then black.

2015 Ford Mustang Global Colors

2015 Ford Mustang Global Colors

The hue-buying choice of China is similar to European Mustang shoppers, where Red is again the top choice. In Europe, however, it then goes Black and Blue with the next two favored colors. Moving to the Mustang's home country, we find that the colors go Black, Silver, and then Red. We're a bit sad that it doesn't fall in some manner of Red, White, and Blue, but we'll get over it.

Europe appears to be just as excited as China when it comes to the new Mustang. Per Ford, over one million versions have been configured on the automakers website. The car is available to order now, and we think it will look great on roads throughout Europe, and China as well.

An American icon is set to shine on the global stage.