Author Topic: The e-mail campaign for Chaim begins!  (Read 10388 times)

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
The e-mail campaign for Chaim begins!
« on: August 22, 2007, 03:19:45 AM »
Finally, our great members are being called upon to act in our effort to get Chaim Ben Pesach into the Land of Israel.
G-d willing, we are starting with a simple e-mail campaign to Knesset (Israeli Parliament) members.
Below you will find the e-mail addresses of 50 Knesset members from the Likud, Shas, Yisrael Beitenu, National Union-National Religious Party, and the Torah Judaism party (Agudah).
Please send an e-mail to all 50 of these Knesset members following these guidelines:
1. You can send one e-mail to all 50 of these Knesset members at once. But it should be sent to all 50 of the addresses as "Blind Copies" or "BCC". This way each Knesset member will not see the names of the other 49 Knesset members who are receiving the same e-mail at the same time. This is important because if Knesset members see that they are only one on a list of 50 people receiving the same e-mail, they are much less likely to respond. Therefore, you can place all 50 e-mail addresses in the "BCC" section to blind copy them.
2. If you want to send the e-mails seperately to all 50 Knesset members, that takes much more time, but it is more effective. The decision on how to do this is yours.
3. Every e-mail must be short and to the point. Knesset members and their staff will not read long e-mails.
4. Every e-mail should include Chaim's Hebrew and English names. You should make it clear that you are writing on behalf of Chaim Ben Pesach, whose English name is Victor Vancier.
5. You must be polite. E-mails with threats, crude language or extremist talk will not be answered by the Knesset staff members.
6. If G-d willing you receive any responses, please send them to me in a private message. You can also share them with our other members by copying them onto this thread on the forum.
7. Our goal is to get back positive responses from Knesset members or their staff. If we do, G-d willing, these messages might be used as part of Chaim's appeal to the Interior Minister.
8. You do not have to use your real name in sending these e-mails. We are starting by sending out e-mails with just usernames. It is less effective, but we will try this first. If someone wishes to use their real name, they of course can do so.
9. After briefly explaining Chaim's situation, and how unjust it is, the only thing that you request is that the Knesset members respond by e-mail to give their opinion on the matter. Do not request any other action from the Knesset members, because if you do, it makes a response much less likely.
10. The vast majority of Knesset members will NOT respond. Getting anonymous e-mails in English from the United States is not likely to get much of a response from Knesset members or their staff. But this is just a first step by us to make the Knesset members and their staff familiar with Chaim's case.

You can share with us not only any responses, G-d willing, but also what you wrote or what you suggest that others write.

Here are the Knesset members' e-mail addresses:

[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]

Joe Schmo

Re: The e-mail campaign for Chaim begins!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:39:42 AM »
Will do.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 04:00:10 AM »
I didn't send anything, yet. I just want to know if this is crappy, or too long, or any criticisms one might have before I send this individually to the MKs. I'm not sure if we should mention that Arafat and other Nazis yamah shemam were allowed to come into Israel and so on. I want to keep this positive, but maybe I'm wrong.

Dear MK Edelstein,

I am pleading for your distinguished help for the award of Israeli citizenship to a Jewish hero named Victor Vancier, otherwise known by his Hebrew name, Chaim ben Pesach. Chaim spearheaded the campaign to free millions of Soviet Jews, such as Natan Sharansky, from the Kremlin's anti-Semitic emigration policies, so that they could have a chance to move to their free and democratic homeland of Israel. Chaim's tactics and methods landed him in prison for a total of five years. After paying his debt to society, however, Chaim wanted to finally realize his own dream of living with his Jewish brothers, but was exiled upon his arrival. We believe that this is hardly the honor that should be bestowed upon a man of such self-sacrifice. Now that he is applying for Aliya again, I ask you for your help in bringing him home. Please review and tell me where you will be standing on this matter. Thank you for your time.

That's wonderful.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 04:36:37 AM by Scriabin »

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 04:09:53 AM »
I have the day off. No problem whatsoever.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 04:34:50 AM »
Here's my first draft:

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this letter on behalf of a Jewish hero named Chaim Ben Pesach, also known by his American name, Victor Vancier.  Mr. Ben Pesach is currently in the process of fulfilling his lifelong dream of returning to the Jewish homeland, a simple thing for many, but not for him. 

Mr. Ben Pesach played a crucial role in the campaign to save Russian Jews, and for this, he spent five years of his life in prison.  His most recent application for Aliya was denied for this very reason, and the status of his current application is far from certain. 

What Mr. Ben Pesach did in the 1980’s may have been illegal, but it was by no means selfish.  Mr. Ben Pesach is a man who loves the Jewish people.  He has paid his debt to society and—as a man of fifty—deserves the right to go home. 

I humbly request that you consider this man’s selfless acts on behalf of the Jewish people and assist me in getting Mr. Ben Pesach back to the land of his forefathers. 

Please let me know your feelings regarding this very important matter.

Sincerely and with utmost respect, 
S
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 04:53:43 AM by Scriabin »

Joe Schmo

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 04:38:03 AM »
How should I address these people?

I don't even know their names.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 04:43:51 AM »
Here's my first draft:

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this letter on behalf of a Jewish hero named Chaim Ben Pesach, also known by his American name, Victor Vancier.  Mr. Ben Pesach is currently in the process of fulfilling his lifelong dream of returning to the Jewish homeland, a simple thing for many, but not for him. 

Mr. Ben Pesach played a crucial role in the campaign to save Russian Jews, and for this, he spent five years of his life in prison.  His most recent application for Aliya was denied for this very reason, and the status of his current application is far from certain. 

What Mr. Ben Pesach did in the 1980’s may have been illegal, but it was by no means selfish.  Mr. Ben Pesach is a man who loves the Jewish people.  He has paid his debt to society and—as a man of fifty—deserves the right to go home. 

I humbly request that you consider this man’s selfless acts on behalf of the Jewish people and assist me in getting Mr. Ben Pesach back to the land of his forefathers.

Sincerely and with utmost respect, 
S

It is excellent, and better than mine. Just figure out how to add what Jimmy said:

7. Our goal is to get back positive responses from Knesset members or their staff. If we do, G-d willing, these messages might be used as part of Chaim's appeal to the Interior Minister
9. After briefly explaining Chaim's situation, and how unjust it is, the only thing that you request is that the Knesset members respond by e-mail to give their opinion on the matter. Do not request any other action from the Knesset members, because if you do, it makes a response much less likely.

That's right.  I need to let them know that I want them to reply.  

I'll fix that.

Thanks

Joe Schmo

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 04:45:35 AM »
Now, if everyone does this, we might just get somewhere.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 04:48:58 AM »
How should I address these people?

I don't even know their names.
I had the same problem. I just call 'em MK and then their last name. Jimmy, is that alright? Perhaps you should link us to a page that displays their first names if the MK thing isn't good.

Is the first name on the list Yedelstein or Y. Edelstein?

Joe Schmo

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 04:52:56 AM »
Is the first name on the list Yedelstein or Y. Edelstein?

Y. Edelstein. Like bnetanyahu is B. Netanyahu.

Got it.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 04:55:20 AM »
What should the subject of our email be?

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 05:48:22 AM »
Here's the list of all Knesset members.

The 50 that Chaim chose are from Likud, Shas, Yisrael Beitenu, Ichud Leumi-Mafdal, and United Torah Judaism Party.

http://www.knesset.gov.il/mk/eng/mkindex_current_eng.asp?view=1

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 05:50:41 AM »

The subject should be whatever you think will cause the Knesset staff to want to open and read the email. Everyone should try to have their own original subject.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 06:31:26 AM »
Here's the list of all Knesset members.

The 50 that Chaim chose are from Likud, Shas, Yisrael Beitenu, Ichud Leumi-Mafdal, and United Torah Judaism Party.

http://www.knesset.gov.il/mk/eng/mkindex_current_eng.asp?view=1
This chart is great and most helpful. I can now see who is  male or female. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 06:58:39 AM »
How about we will demand foreign aid be cut to   Israel if Chaim Ben Pesach is not allowed in
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 07:35:00 AM »
How about we will demand foreign aid be cut to   Israel if Chaim Ben Pesach is not allowed in

If threats are made, they will ignore the email.
You could say that you believe that this case hurts Israel's image in the United States.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 07:43:06 AM »

If threats are made, they will ignore the email.
You could say that you believe that this case hurts Israel's image in the United States.
Yes that sounds better
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

raiseyourfist

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 08:11:40 AM »
I will not help Chaim until he drops the counsel of the Jew-killer Demjanjuk.  I had relatives murdered is Treblinka and Sobibor.  Chaim and Sheftel-may they rot in Gehennon-YIMACH SHMAM VEZICHRAM!

This type of sick and evil cursing will not be allowed on the forum. If you do not publicly apologize, you will be permanently banned.

We do not agree with what Sheftel did in the Demanyuk case. But many rightwing groups in Judea and Samaria accept his legal help. He represents Nadia Matar of Women In Green, and he represented the Jewish girls who were imprisoned during the Gush Katif protests, and he has a weekly internet program on Arutz 7, which is the main internet site for Jews in Judea and Samaria.

When Sheftel heard about what happened to Chaim, he offered to represent Chaim for free. Sheftel is one of the best attorneys in Israel.

For you to curse Chaim like that takes a lot of nerve. That will be the day when you have done one millionth of what Chaim has done for the Jewish people. And everything that Chaim is doing now is only to save Jews from the terrible tragedy that will come if they do wake up in time, G-d forbid.

Hey cmon' Jimmy Chaim JR has a vaild point here... he has a legitimate beef for whatever reason

Lets not should this guy to death...

Although it is great that this guy is willing to help Chaim and i will certainly be there helping Chaim's plight to get into Israel

raiseyourfist

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 08:38:13 AM »
Ok ive done my part for Chaim and emailed members of the Knesset

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 09:36:19 AM »
I have sent emails out to all names on the list separately and use the correct gender title before the name to show it was an individual email. I hope it was helpful. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 11:52:45 AM »

The subject should be whatever you think will cause the Knesset staff to want to open and read the email. Everyone should try to have their own original subject.

I put in "Let Chaim ben Pesach emigrate to Israel" for the subject heading.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 03:56:45 PM »
Jimmy, do you approve of what TANIA and I wrote, or do you want us to change some things.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 11:40:07 PM by There Are No 'Israeli' Arabs »

Joe Schmo

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 03:58:25 PM »
Everyone should post their letters here.  It will motivate the lazy individuals amongst us to do the same.

I'm talking to you, CJD and Raiseyourfist.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 06:43:13 PM »
Letting CBP in is the Jewish and democratic thing to do.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 07:09:13 PM »
Ok, I will write up my letter to the knesset members in about an hour. All I have to do is put one knesset members email address in the regular address box and the other 49 in the bcc box?
I am urinating on a Koran.