Author Topic: Oh Soy : A Joo invented Soy Sauce Packets  (Read 2013 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Oh Soy : A Joo invented Soy Sauce Packets
« on: April 29, 2015, 06:32:41 PM »
Shalom,

The media is buzzing about soy sauce (I don't know why) but in all the hoopla the fact that the inventor of the modern day soy sauce package was Jewish is explored...

http://www.aish.com/j/f/Would-Jew-Believe-40.html

WHO NU? THE SOY SAUCE PACKET & THE JEW

The connection between Jews and Chinese food is real, and it’s deep. The connection between baggies of soy sauce packets in Jewish homes is also deep, if sometimes deeply messy. While the packet’s origin is an unsolved mystery, the story of how it became popular is known – and Jewish. That’s the story of Howard Epstein, who, as the founder of the major soy-sauce brand Kari-Out, is seen as the macher of packaged American soy sauce. Packaging is in his DNA. His father manufactured those long plastic tubey things for freezer pops. Howard, now 81, made his first foray into the biz with packaging popcorn over a half century ago. The popcorn pooped. One of his dad’s tea bag salesmen suggested he put his gelt into soy packaging which he did in 1964. While it was difficult to break into the Asian market, Epstein entered at just the right time when people were eating at home and looking for carry-out condiments, along with taking flights where food was served. Today, Kari-Out has a 50 percent market share and can even be found in Iceland. So, the next time you get a hankering for ordering in Kosher Chinese, throw a thanks to the Jew who founded your secret soy sauce stash.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/02/05/who-really-invented-soy-sauce-packet/

BTW, Kikkomans Soy Sauce is Kosher via the OU heksher.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Oh Soy : A Joo invented Soy Sauce Packets
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 06:45:39 PM »
Let's see if Buchanan and his butt buddies boycott Chinese food now. I doubt it.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 07:45:34 PM »
Let's see if Buchanan and his butt buddies boycott Chinese food now. I doubt it.

Don't Buchanan and his fellow Nazis hate Orientals? The only non-whites they love are black Muslims because they both hate the Jews. If he hates Orientals, he probably wouldn't want to eat their food anyway.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:47:15 PM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 07:48:11 PM »
BTW, Kikkomans Soy Sauce is Kosher via the OU heksher.

Isn't that from San Francisco? Is that why they talk about soy sauce? I think the company originates in Japan over 300 years ago. When you buy kosher sushi in the supermarket, you get Kikkoman soy packs with it. I think it says "Since 16xx". Replace the x's with the number. I forget the exact year.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 07:50:38 PM »
Muman's title reminded me of this: http://www.soyvay.com .

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 08:13:18 PM »

Don't Buchanan and his fellow Nazis hate Orientals. The only non-whites they love are black Muslims because they both hate the Jews. If he hates Orientals, he probably wouldn't want to eat their food anyway.
Buchanan certainly doesn't boycott the Jewish doctors who are keeping his old sodomite donkey alive.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 10:23:44 PM »
m: now I know who really to complain to about messing up my shirt.

and we would never call you joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. We call you 'You tai'.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 10:28:04 PM »
pat buttanus has said some great things about 'east asians' in recent years. to cover his smelly rear end no doubt.
a nazi never changes his stolen swastika.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 01:21:10 AM »
pat buttanus has said some great things about 'east asians' in recent years. to cover his smelly rear end no doubt.
a nazi never changes his stolen swastika.
I'm sure he would love (figuratively and literally) any Asian that is an anti-Semite.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 01:58:02 AM »
yeah, just wait until he needs butt surgery and the doc is a jew.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 08:17:08 AM »
The funniest part of this article is that it says the source of the packaging is unknown... and this guy only popularized it, but then it goes on to speak as if he invented it even though it clearly says he didn't. Very weird tone to the article.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 04:05:53 PM »
The funniest part of this article is that it says the source of the packaging is unknown... and this guy only popularized it, but then it goes on to speak as if he invented it even though it clearly says he didn't. Very weird tone to the article.

I think you are missing the point. Invention is not everything. Look at things like how the Wright brothers are credited with inventing the airplane when if you research it you discover they were not the first to fly, same with Ford being credited with the first affordable car... He was not the first but he made it big through his ability to manufacture them quickly and economically. Even though Edison is attributed with discovering electricity he too was not the only one working on it at the time. Same with the telephone and Graham Bell, same with the smart phone being credited to Apple Computer even though many other people were working on smart phones.

History remembers the one who brings the invention to the people.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 04:08:14 PM »
For instance the telephone...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone

Credit for the invention of the electric telephone is frequently disputed. As with other influential inventions such as radio, television, the light bulb, and the computer, several inventors pioneered experimental work on voice transmission over a wire and improved on each other's ideas. New controversies over the issue still arise from time to time. Charles Bourseul, Antonio Meucci, Johann Philipp Reis, Alexander Graham Bell, and Elisha Gray, amongst others, have all been credited with the invention of the telephone.[3]

Alexander Graham Bell was the first to be awarded a patent for the electric telephone by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in March 1876.[4] The Bell patents were forensically victorious and commercially decisive. That first patent by Bell was the master patent of the telephone, from which other patents for electric telephone devices and features flowed.[5]

In 1876, shortly after the telephone was invented, Hungarian engineer Tivadar Puskás invented the telephone switch, which allowed for the formation of telephone exchanges, and eventually networks.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_telephone

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 09:24:33 PM »
"Black men invented da elevatah, UMM HMM!"

I know Chaim debunked some of those claims that blacks invented things. But what Muman says makes it like the blacks have credit. It's said that blacks improved on an existing elevator but blacks did not invent it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 10:35:43 PM »

I know Chaim debunked some of those claims that blacks invented things. But what Muman says makes it like the blacks have credit. It's said that blacks improved on an existing elevator but blacks did not invent it.

What are you talking about. The story is about how a Jew brought the soy sauce packet to the world (whether invented or just marketed effectively)... What does this have to do with blacks?

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 12:13:39 AM »
What are you talking about. The story is about how a Jew brought the soy sauce packet to the world (whether invented or just marketed effectively)... What does this have to do with blacks?

:::D

I don't know, but the way he derailed the topic was hilarious.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 09:14:08 AM »

dey invented everything.
the one thing they probably invented is jenkem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenkem
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 01:53:35 PM »

I was referring to past posts in which people talked about black inventions and how the blacks just improved on an already existing thing, like what you said about soy sauce packets.

I've heard commercials for the United Negro College Fund. The commercials give examples of "you know that ..." and then it says "but did you know these were all invented by "African-Americans". Then they say a mind is a bad thing to waste and encourage donations to the United Negro College Fund. Elevators and traffic lights were included on that commercial.