Author Topic: Man of Steel : A Messianic Vision of Humanities Future  (Read 530 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Man of Steel : A Messianic Vision of Humanities Future
« on: May 04, 2015, 03:46:11 AM »
Shalom,

After Shabbos ended I decided to watch a movie (something of an oddity for me because I don't often watch movies). But I have been using Amazon prime and it is relatively cheap to rent a movie for a day. Anyway I watched the last Superman move 'Man of Steel'. I should say also that I generally don't like 'reboot' movies of old superheros. But I must say that in a lot of ways I liked 'Man of Steel'.

I had heard that some suggest that it has a Christian message and that superman is portrayed as a 'Christlike' character. Of course this disturbed me for a number of reasons, primarily because the character 'Superman' himself was invented by a pair of Jewish writers. But I ignored those suggestions and found the character more like a Jewish Moshiach than as a Christian messiah. Aside for a scene where a younger superman sinks in the sea with his arms outspread (as if on a crucifix) there is little Christ imagery. To me the story of Superman being sent from his home planet to earth echos the story of our teacher Moses birth and his being set on the river and taken into the house of Pharoah. His mission to save earth is like our Moshiach who wants to fight evil and bring redemption to the world.

I liked the special effects and have always liked Russel Crowes acting (since seeing Gladiator).... The new Superman character takes a bit of getting used to though. And the back-story of the young Clark Kent is interesting.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
Re: Man of Steel : A Messianic Vision of Humanities Future
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:05:45 AM »
Shavoua tov, ve seen it lovd , He s Moshe hiding among hi brethren then forced to reveal himself to save us all!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 01:00:21 AM »
The fight scenes are pretty well done with CGI and other effects...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 01:03:54 AM »

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 03:42:09 AM »
The fight scenes are pretty well done with CGI and other effects...

yeh the fight scenes are impressiv well orchestrated  :dance: