Author Topic: Fundementalist Albania Moslem whose parents saved Jews flees  (Read 1827 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Fundementalist Albania Moslem whose parents saved Jews flees
« on: August 23, 2007, 06:21:36 AM »
http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/newscontent.php3?artid=14431

Asylum For Righteous Gentile’s Son 
Threatened by fundamentalists for his pro-Jewish views, Albanian ex-pat Bujar Veselaj wins his appeal. 
Stewart Ain - Staff Writer

An Albanian Muslim whose father was honored by Israel for saving Jews during the Holocaust, was granted political asylum last week by a judge in Boston after he testified that Islamic fundamentalists threatened him and his family if he stayed in Albania.

“Thank you, thank you,” Bujar Veselaj told Immigration Judge Robin Suter after she ruled that his testimony was “extremely credible” and that he and his family had faced not only persecution but “extreme psychological torture.”

After her ruling, Veselaj’s wife and daughter burst into tears and Veselaj embraced his lawyer, Jeff Goldman.

“Congratulations, and welcome to America,” Suter said.

“G-d bless you judge, and G-d bless America,” Veselaj, 50, replied. The hearing was held after U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services turned down his request for political asylum.

Goldman, who handled the case pro bono for the law firm of Mintz, Levin, Cohn in Boston, said in court papers that Veselaj’s late father, Refik, hid Jews from the Nazis — an act that led Yad Vashem, Israel’s Holocaust museum, to honor him with the title of Righteous Among the Nations. He established the Albania-Israel Friendship Association in 1992 and died eight years later.

To mark the 60th anniversary of the fall of Nazi Germany on Jan. 26-27, 2005, Albanian television stations and the national newspaper interviewed Veselaj and he publicly endorsed his father’s actions. About two weeks later, Veselaj began receiving threats against himself and his family. One caller said, “Muslim Albania did not have a place for well-wishers of the Jews .... You must leave the country or else we are going to kill you, your family and anyone who can defend you.”

One morning he found a dead black cat with its head ripped off lying near his driveway gate. A blood-covered note placed on top of the cat read: “This is the way you will see your children if you don’t do what we ask you to do and if you go to the police station.”

The calls continued through May and Veselaj said he believes there was even an attempt to abduct one of his children from school. After receiving a bomb threat, Veselaj, his wife and two children began sleeping in the basement.

In June, 2005, they and his mother flew to the United States and have been living in Quincy, Mass., while awaiting the asylum hearing. The court was also presented with the affidavits of two experts on Albania who supported Veselaj’s petition. One was from Yosef Govrin of Jerusalem, a retired deputy director-general of Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs who was involved in the establishment of diplomatic relations between Israel and Albania.

“I can well realize the feelings of fear that the Veselaj family faced in Albania as a result of Muslim extremists,” he said. “In the eyes of Muslim extremists, having a ‘pro-Israel’ or ‘pro-Jewish’ position represents the evil of Western civilization. These Muslim extremists are determined to terrorize any entity siding with the West.”

The other, Stephen Schwartz, executive director of the Center for Islamic Pluralism, which he described as a moderate Muslim think tank in Washington, and who is regarded as an expert in Islam, said radical preachers and terror recruiters have infiltrated Albanian Sunni Muslims.

In his own affidavit, Veselaj, who testified through an interpreter during the three-hour hearing, said that recently “intolerant, divisive, and extreme fundamentalist movements have threatened to corrode traditional Albanian harmony. ... In fact, Albania is believed to be deeply involved in Osama bin Laden’s terrorist network. It is considered a springboard for bin Laden’s operations in Europe, as well as a training ground for mujahedeens (Muslim fighters).”

“With my father’s reputation and history as a ‘Jewish agent,’ as well as my own public endorsement of my father’s actions and bravery during World War II, my family is now in grave peril,” Veselaj added. He recounted the daily threatening phone calls he had received and noted that in March 2005 someone broke his office window and then called to say, “The way we broke your glass, we will also break your heads.”

Veselaj added, since he was warned not to contact the police, “I was worried that speaking up would actually do my family more harm than good. The worst part was that we could not even tell our friends or relatives about what was happening for fear of endangering them as well. ... As far as I know, the rest of my relatives had not yet been threatened or harmed.”

After the judge granted Veselej and his family political asylum, the deputy trial counsel who had presented the government’s case said he would not appeal, Goldman noted.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 06:45:22 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

Re: Funementalist Albania Moslem whose parents saved Jews flees
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 06:36:25 AM »
They bring in Jew-hating arabs by the tonne but refuse entry to this man! Thankfully the Judge had some common sense.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Funementalist Albania Moslem whose parents saved Jews flees
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 06:46:07 AM »
They bring in Jew-hating arabs by the tonne but refuse entry to this man! Thankfully the Judge had some common sense.
True it also shows how Islamic albania is
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

Re: Fundementalist Albania Moslem whose parents saved Jews flees
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 06:52:35 AM »
They can let the Serbs 'go to town' on Albania as far as I'm concerned.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:35:08 AM »
They can let the Serbs 'go to town' on Albania as far as I'm concerned.
Yes indeed

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 09:26:34 AM »
What a shame... The Albanians are such nazi muslim freaks they evict even their own people who don't hate Jews. What wonderful people the Clintons and Wesley Clarke helped save... And to this day 99% of Jews side with the Jew-hating Kosovo/Albanian muslims over the Serbs. Everything Bill Clinton does is gold to them.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:17:26 AM by thunderbolt »
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!