Author Topic: Some sort of Trump/Cruz alliance seems to be forming  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
Some sort of Trump/Cruz alliance seems to be forming
« on: July 15, 2015, 12:45:30 AM »
Some sort of Trump/Cruz alliance seems to be forming according to this article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/07/14/ted-cruz-and-donald-trump-to-meet-wednesday-in-new-york/

Now I agree with Chaim that Trump really only cares about... Trump and that he loves attention. I do not think his addition to the race is a negative though. I feel he will bring up important issues that other candidates will not bring up and will move the conversation toward the right instead of toward the left where Bush and others want to drag it.  Trump is going to wake a lot of voters up, and may be the spark that ignites the dormant conservative base in this country.

Trump loves to think that he is an outside of the box deal maker and I assume he wants to make some sort of political deal with Cruz. Sadly this probably involves him offering Cruz some sort of political payoff (Job in a future administration, VP slot, etc...) to drop out of the race and support him. I assume Trump's ego is too large for him to step to the side and become part of team Cruz, you never know though.

This theoretical deal may also be Trump developing a long term political strategy where he knows that Cruz and him have no shot at the Republican nomination, but if they team up behind the scenes now they can form alliance that will allow them to form a serious 3rd party challenge with Trump at the top of the ticket and Cruz as the VP.  I could see Trump even allowing Cruz to be VP, but in fact be a defacto-Co-president with almost as much powers as a President, just as long as Trump has the presidential title (and thus top billing) I think he is satisfied.

Trump probably recognizes that Cruz is the smartest candidate out there and he wants to somehow makes sure those smarts are not used against him and instead are used to help him.

This could get very interesting.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Some sort of Trump/Cruz alliance seems to be forming
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:02:57 AM »
I don't believe Ted Cruz will run as a 3rd party candidate. That is like giving away the presidency to the Democrats he will have nothing to do with it.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 11:06:12 AM »
I have a feeling that it will be a discussing to weed out the Rhinos.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 12:04:48 PM »
I have a feeling that it will be a discussing to weed out the Rhinos.
Which today are 90% of the GOP both in public figures and the masses.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 09:30:54 AM »
The Donald rules!!! :::D :::D

McCain is crying to his mommy "He called me a loser."

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 10:28:55 AM »
Trump is speaking the truth, I just hope he intends to stay in the Republican party and not form a third party.  Cruz is also a strong leader.  We need them both.