Author Topic: The republican debate  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
The republican debate
« on: August 04, 2015, 10:17:28 PM »
And so is huckabee.

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
Re: The republican debate
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 10:19:55 PM »
VERY important point from the following article:
http://news.yahoo.com/debate-stage-drama-gop-awaits-top-10-announcement-071019015--election.html

"Monmouth found that only five candidates — Trump, Bush, Walker, Cruz and Huckabee — were definitely in the top tier of candidates, "

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 09:04:39 PM »
Cruz and Huckabee will both be in the main debate.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 11:34:15 PM »
Huckabee and Cruz did the best.

Kasich and rand Paul and Christie are horrendous.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 11:43:54 PM »
I think this race is Trump's to lose. Whether he's genuine or not he is saying what lots of people are thinking and if he genuinely seals the border that alone would help America more then anything else.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 11:46:40 PM »
בס''ד

I agree with Dr. Dan.

I would add that I think the debate was a disaster for Donald Trump.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 12:45:38 AM »
Cruz-Huckabee, 2016!

Is such a ticket possible?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:57:43 PM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 01:32:36 AM »
Is such a ticket possible?

No.   While that ticket would greatly appeal to me and probably most JTF participants,   the two candidates are too similar to capture a large enough % of the vote.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 02:05:28 AM »
Katich might be a strategic VP, to alleviate the idea that Cruz is an "extremist" and to capture Ohio due to Kasich's high approval ratings there.
Islam is retarded - Geert Wilders, peace be upon him

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 02:13:06 AM »
What if Huckabee won? Who would be his running mate?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:57:22 PM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 02:38:25 AM »
What if Huckabee won? Who would be his running mate?

Marco Rubio comes to mind as a possibility.   This would provide the ticket with a governor and a senator.   As well as someone from the critical swing state of Florida.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 08:05:34 AM »
Trump and Carson were clowns, but entertaining clowns. 

Rubio was the best of the rhinos.

Paul was a disaster, thank Gd. Jeb bush was boring. walker is a fraud and I think will be bad for Israel. Not as bad as the democrats, but as bad as anyone before Obama c

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 08:11:53 AM »
Likely vp candidates would be Rubio or even fiorina(if an establishment rhino wins the candidacy). Rand Paul may be a choice from a dumb establishment rhino if he won.

Kasich makes Hillary look like an extremist. That's how left wing he is. With that being said, I think he has the best chance winning swing votes and democrats who are tired of the clintons and Obama.

Not sure what his stance is on Israel, but it seems like the type who will be focused on America and supposedly fixing the economy. I see him raising taxes on the rich to help "less advantaged" angry blacks.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 10:26:59 AM »
I think the Scott Walker and the Governor from Ohio are potentially vice prez candidates, maybe that's the reason they are in the race.

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 04:00:08 PM »
I disagree about Kasich.  I think he will go far in this process.  He has a rugged, mid western common man persona, the son of a mailman and a moderate conservative guy.  I am very wary about his positions on Iran and immigration, but I think he will do well.   Trump will implode eventually but the immigration issue will carry him along for a bit.  Rand Paul looked like an angry midget.  Huckabee lacks pizzazz.  Scott Walker looked like a school boy.  Cruz may catch fire but I really don't think he's electable in 2015 America.  Bush looked like a hihgh school teacher.  Bad night for the republicans.  Megyn Kelly was unbelievably mean to all of them; I have never seen a more ruthless performance by a journalist.  It was downright painful to watch and a huge distraction.  But she probably came out the big winner of the night (the left praised her performance) which was probably the whole point of this Fox spectacular.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 04:31:46 PM by NoMosqueHere »

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 05:52:50 PM »
I like the fact that Trump called all politicans stupid, which they are.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 07:01:38 PM »
Donald Trump went on a crazy ad hominem twit attack on Megyn Kelly. He even called her a bimbo. Very immature in my opinion.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
"@timjcam: @megynkelly @FrankLuntz @realDonaldTrump Fox viewers give low marks to bimbo  @MegynKelly will consider other programs!"
10:24 AM - 7 Aug 2015

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/07/donald-trump-goes-all-out-against-megyn-kelly-over-alleged-debate-bias-heres-what-he-tweeted-about-her/

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 07:04:02 PM »
At least Trump answered well when asked about his comments on women. As long as he is offensive to evil women, it's okay. As long as he makes clear it is not directed at good women, who cares? He said he doesn't care about political correct garbage.

But I disagree with him on his comments on breast feeding.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 07:18:52 PM »
He fails here miserably because he uses dumb sexist remarks because she asked him if he has problem behaving with women.

He also said on an interview "There was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her... wherever".
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/07/breaking-trump-out-at-rsg15/

So fox may have been hostile towards him, but at the same time they gave him more airtime then anyone else which gave him a big advantage. I think in a real debate where he has to back and forth with a reasonable opponent and give logical arguments Trump is going to get killed.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:56:25 AM by Zelhar »

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 07:24:49 PM »
I really liked Ted Cruz and his positions, Marco rubio was also interesting and sounds like someone who stuck out from a realistic perspective.

Wasn't a fan of Scott Walker, seems very mellow and making excuses relying on perceived success, Donald Trump seems like a troll and his history seems to show that, I think he causes more damage to the GOP . Rand Paul, after hearing his stances, he really didn't have much to say but after hearing him, don't like him either, Chris Christie reminded me too much of Bush.

I think it'll be either Ted Cruz or Marco rubio for me.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 11:16:50 PM »
I came away from the debate really impressed with Ted Cruz.  They didn't give him enough airtime.  When they did,  he knocked it out of the park.  What a classy, cool and collected person with strong arguments. I think Rubio was campaigning to be someone's VP.   
Trump claims his views have evolved.  I'm not sure if I believe him. He certainly learned from Obama that anyone, literally anyone, can become president in this country.

Rubio and bush were pandering like mad when trump brought up the idea of a wall to keep illegals out.  The whole world knows they are both against it.  But they implied otherwise.  They said we want a wall but also verification and ID system.   They flat out lie.

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 02:42:49 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                                                                                                             :fist:

In retrospect, I have to say that Mike Huckabee made excellent points and Ted Cruz conducted himself with the integrity and demeanor of a
  real Conservative. Donald Trump seemed to be part of this debate for show and was not his best, mostly offering no effective or realistic
  solutions to issues despite the fact that he contained himself  the best he could in view of the way he was basically put on the defensive and
  was somewhat reactionary unlike Cruz and Huckabee who were smooth but to the point.  Hopefully Trump does not go the route of running as
  an independent and we have another Ross Perot situation paving the way for Hillary to G-d forbid, by some tragedy win.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
What do you guys think of what Trump said about Megan Kelly?

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 05:44:49 PM »
Yes, Both Huckabee and Cruz did a great job.  I think Fox should have asked more questions of both of them, they seemed to favor Bush and Rubio.   Cruz is really smart....Those who take him on find themselves dismantled in no time!

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 05:46:56 PM »
Seriously do any of you think Trump will win? Not a chance.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision