Author Topic: Do changes in the region warrant a change in thinking about the mid east  (Read 499 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
The old paradigm that the Israeli Palestinian conflict is the core of problems in the mid east probably never made sense but today seems ridiculous.  Iran and Iraq fought a brutal war from 1979 to 1987 with millions of casualties, weapons of mass destruction, children being sacrificed to clear mine fields and both sides claiming to be doing if for the Palestinians.  Obviously the so called Palestinians had nothing to do with it.

Today, we have the Arab states such as Saudi Arabia suffering both from low oil prices as well as threats from Shiites in Iran and Sunnis such as Isis.  Frankly, I suspect they could care less about Israel right now.  If Israel goes to war against Arabs again they will support the Arabs, no doubt, but that is at the bottom of a list of things they care about.  Only Jew haters like Obama are still obsessed about Israel. 

Additionally, Israel has a high tech economy that makes it a first world economy.  It has natural gas reserves of enormous quantities.  It has a well trained and advanced military.  Does it really need to worry obsessively about the US opinion of it.  If the wave of illegal immigrants really has changed the US political landscape to where the entire nation will be like California and Barbara Boxer types will be the norm, Israel will not be getting support from the US.  Shouldn't they face up to that now and start planning for this inevitability rather than clutch on to the American coat begging for support?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
From the moment Obama entered office he had an agenda of championing the Palestinian cause and achieving a nuclear accord with Iran.  These policies would have put him at odds with any Israeli leader!   Mr. Obama also voided George W. Bush's commitment to include the major settlement blocs and Jewish Jerusalem within Israel's borders in any peace agreement.   Instead, he insisted on a total freeze of Israeli construction in those areas....Not a Single Brick,"   I later heard he ordered Mr. Netanyahu-while making no substantive demands on Palestinians.  Consequently, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas boycotted negotiations, reconciled with Hamas and sought statehood in the U.N......all in violation of his commitments to the U.S.  but never paid a price."     "By contrast, the White House routinely condemned Netanyahu for building in areas that even Palestinian negotiators had agreed would remain part of Israel."     The Days are coming when Israel must stand on her Own.  She knows that.

A friend of mine who is a biblical scholar and minister has studied the bible and knows Israel's history forwards and back wards.   She believes the next war will be connected to Zechariah 12.   A Prophecy:  The Word of the Lord concerning Israel

The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person, Declares:  "I am  going to make JERUSALEM A CUP THAT SENDS ALL THE SURROUNDING PEOPLES REELING.    Judah will be besieged as well as JERUSALEM.    ON THAT DAY WHEN ALL THE NATIONS OF THE EARTH ARE GATHERED AGAINST HER, I WILL MAKE JERUSALEM AN IMMOVEABLE ROCK, FOR ALL THE NATIONS.  ALL WHO TRY TO MOVE IT WILL SURELY BE CUT TO PIECES.   ON THAT DAY I WILL STRIKE EVERY HORSE WITH PANIC AND ITS RIDER WITH MADNESS, DECLARES THE LORD.  'I WILL KEEP A WATCHFUL EYE OVER JUDAH, BUT I WILL BLIND ALL THE HORSES OF THE NATIONS.  THEN THE CLANS OF JUDAH WILL SAY IN THEIR HEARTS, THE PEOPLE OF JERUSALEM ARE STRONG, BECAUSE THE LORD ALMIGHTY IS THEIR GOD. 

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Even if Israel thought she needed American support, she still shouldn't care about it. America has always been Israel's worst enemy, so if America is unhappy with Israel, that means that less Jews are dying. http://www.hirhome.com/israel/hirally.htm
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge