Author Topic: Double assumption in poll  (Read 556 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Double assumption in poll
« on: August 26, 2015, 01:41:56 AM »
K so you're not doing the obvious statement with a question mark at the end thing since i said it, which is cool, but the last question kinda annoyed me, because I had to say no even though I agreed with 1 assumption. "Is Islam actually a religious cult that promotes mass murder?"

Yes it promotes mass murder.

a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
"the cult of St. Olaf"

a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.
    "a network of Satan-worshiping cults"
    synonyms:   sect, denomination, group, movement, church, persuasion, body, faction
    "a religious cult"
    a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.
    "a cult of personality surrounding the leaders"
    synonyms:   obsession with, fixation on, mania for, passion for, idolization of, devotion to, worship of, veneration of
    "the cult of eternal youth in Hollywood"

Ok then Catholics are a cult and Hindus, but Catholics have 3 and Hindus have x that they venerate so they're not but kinda are.

I have no problem calling Islam a religion.

re·li·gion
rəˈlijən/
noun
noun: religion

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms:   faith, belief, worship, creed; More
    sect, church, cult, denomination
    "the freedom to practice their own religion"
        a particular system of faith and worship.
        plural noun: religions
        "the world's great religions"
        a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
        "consumerism is the new religion"

Their religion's idol is Ala, who was the Sumerian/Babylonian idol of revolution, and it's a religion that promotes mass-murder for the purpose of global domination. More accurately, since all they have for after domination is "things will rock and we'll drink rivers of wine", which is a pretty Arabic way to say parteeeh, tt promotes revolution, with mass-murder being one of the many aspects involved. There are dumber religions, and religions that really like only 1 guy.

This debate shouldn't need to take place for a poll to be responded to, unless i can also hit an * button next to the yes no meaning "but just 1 thing". "Does Islam promote mass-murder" serves the purpose of transmitting a message while also being super click bait, and "Is islam a cult rather than a religion" is a philosophical debate that most who get sucked into that super click bait will say yes to just to be all like "yeah screw it", but I really want to tell ppl to shut up when they come on to me wrecking islam and say "it's really a moon cult" and whatever. Liberals will just like it more, and there's a billion better attacks you can make, even if it was right.

So like all the poll questions are pretty obviously saying "my side or their side", which is fine in such situations where there really is no gray area, but then you come out with something like this and I'm also annoyed at the emotional hangup my heart is telling me to feel for not choosing the right side by clicking a wrong answer, and that's not cool. I don't really care, but either you get people to answer something definitively that they're not qualified to know, promoting blind support, you get people who aren't sure to agree anyways because "like it's clearly the right answer since islam is bad", which is going to make them feel like ignorance is cool as long as they do what feels right, or they're going to press yes despite disagreeing so that they can feel like they're supporting you, which is how the Putz sites manufacture their PaulBots™.

So just like don't ask two questions in one, or it will do that to different groups of people and make me annoyed.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Double assumption in poll
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 01:54:44 AM »
Also, adding "actually" shows bias. That's feeding into a lot of the previous post's conclusions. It makes people feel they're just telling you what you want to hear instead of making an informed decision for themselves and a revolutionary act of defiance by proudly clicking yes. All for 1 stupid word. Is Islam a religious cult that promotes mass murder? Is equally annoying, but you feel no obligation to answer one way or another.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge