Author Topic: Call them Moslems  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Call them Moslems
« on: September 07, 2015, 10:49:48 AM »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Call them Moslems
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 12:29:47 PM »
Great point.  I didn't realize this.   I am now recalibrating my lexicon to reflect the true nature of Islam and its Moslem adherents.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 12:30:33 PM »
In arabic there are only three real vowels: a,i,u, and perhaps an 'e' sound though technically it is a shwa rather then a real vowel. I use muslim because that is the most reasonable English transliteration of the word. However you spell or pronounce it that word comes from Arabic it's not a native English words so why not spell it in most accurate way possible in English?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 03:47:33 PM »
In arabic there are only three real vowels: a,i,u, and perhaps an 'e' sound though technically it is a shwa rather then a real vowel. I use muslim because that is the most reasonable English transliteration of the word. However you spell or pronounce it that word comes from Arabic it's not a native English words so why not spell it in most accurate way possible in English?

Because it ticks off Moslems to say it the other way.   It's not really a question of what's the best transliteration of the arabic.    Obviously then "MUslim" is how they say it.  It was commonly in print as Moslem in english for a while.   

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 04:52:31 PM »
Well then maybe the correct term should be "muslim" and we should make a point of using the inaccurate term "moslem" intentionally?
Because it ticks off Moslems to say it the other way.   It's not really a question of what's the best transliteration of the arabic.    Obviously then "MUslim" is how they say it.  It was commonly in print as Moslem in english for a while.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 04:53:49 PM »
Well then maybe the correct term should be "muslim" and we should make a point of using the inaccurate term "moslem" intentionally?

Yes, that's what I meant.

Offline Chiram

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 08:28:56 PM »
Interesting semantics. Before the baby boomers, the older generation used 'Mohamedan'.

As Buddhists follow Buddha, Christians follow Christ, Confucians follow Confucius and Zoroastrians follow Zoroaster, etc...
It makes sense that the term 'Mohamedans' should designate the followers of the insane mass-murdering rapist Mohamed. 

This old fashioned word remains the most accurate, as technically a 'muslim' signifies a person who submits to G-d.

Since islam is at war with Hashem, the term 'muslim' is incorrect and linguistically operates to our disadvantage.

To unsettle muSSlims as well as the politically correct crowd (yet remain shielded from accusations of bigotry), might I suggest bringing back 'Mohamedan'.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 09:21:00 PM »
But jtfers call them pig worshipers.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 09:40:28 PM »
This is terrible what they're doing to mohammed:
http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/article34282866.html

Here he is creating a religion:
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Chiram

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 11:45:37 PM »
But jtfers call them pig worshipers.

:::D That term also includes Ben Carson and Bozo the Clown Trump supporters.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 03:15:31 PM »
call them barbarians they will defeat the most advanced countries in mdern time with bare hands and human shield as weapon.