Author Topic: Videos  (Read 675 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Videos
« on: September 08, 2015, 11:37:24 PM »
The videos of other people's speeches with just the JTF.ORG thing are perfect, very great for sharing, and only after u leave do they start calling u hateful, and so i don't care. Just take a whole bunch of good speeches and put JTF.ORG there, it'll be great.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Videos
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 02:56:13 AM »
Oh yeah the thing at the end of some of them sucks for multiple reasons.

1. The blue is great, but the tint is like retro from when computers were pull starts. You need one of the newer tints or it's kinda harsh on the eyes, and people have come to expect it, youth will be off-put by it, and will read the text even less, which brings me to
2. A. Almost no one will read the text beyond the first 2 words. 3 usually, but the first is "Join"
B. CaPS IS ANNOYING TO READ FOR THE EYES. YOU EXPECT IT TO GET MORE ATTENTION, SO IT SHOULD ONLY BE USED FOR THING YOU WANT PEOPLE TO LOOK AT, ACT UPON AND THEN PROCEED TO IMMEDIATELY STOP SEEING. Your statement with join can be in caps, but it makes the message even less attractive, which brings me to
3. "Exciting" is a matter of opinion, so calling something exciting translates to "I am promoting this" in people's minds, and "people hate to be sold to, but they love to buy" Jeffrey Gitomer. It's also not a universal selling point, meaning that there may be people in your target audience that are looking for the most serious place or most popular place, etc, and the result will be predominantly not to excite or encourage them at all, they will simply forget the statement by sub-consciously dismissing it as irrelevant, and when you start making the audience forget what you say, the rest is at risk.

Solutions:

1. Better blue. I explained the psychology of colors a bit here before, and stick to blue, just get a less harsh tint.
2. Change the text. I already said that telling people to join and then complimenting yourself in an effort to emotionally manipulate people into looking does not make you look cool at all, and will not encourage many at all to visit the website, much less join. Instead of saying "I'm offering you this great information so you can improve the world, and engage with us on our forum, because then you'll be the first to have access to all this critical information", what it says is "we need you to come do things for us, because it's a lot of work".
2 levels: News page: better to make people active members of the news page, some will leak through the cracks into the forum. The inability to discuss ideas, and instead focus on ad homenim discussions will defeat the purpose of bringing them here anyways, and you know someone's going to come up with an article that says "ape kills person and should be in a zoo", and then when he brings a friend here, both will stop coming. The news page is great in that if someone decides to make a personal comment, a retarded statement or a racist statement, the reader can clearly see that Shlomo controls the news, and people comment, so no one will say "this is a racist news page that was very mean to me", they'll just respond or leave, while developing no ill will towards the site.
Level 2: If you think bringing people to the forum is the way to go for people that have never heard of JTF before, or to remind people about the site, first don't say "you don't have to be Jewish to join, because that will bring less Jews, and a lesson to be taken from the success of Jews for Idolatry among regular Xtians is that they're always looking for something "more authentic" and something Xtian but closer to its "Jewish roots" so the fact that it is a forum oriented towards a Jewish audience won't decrease membership from that target audience, it will increase it. Especially saying it while the text is up diverts attention from the text, reducing the paltry chances at anyone reading and internalizing it, and decreasing the chance that people whose selling point is "exciting" will experience the emotional pull to go get some "excitement". Furthermore "you  don't have to be Jewish to join" implies that people think you have to be Jewish to join, which is mildly condescending and says "though this is oriented towards Jews, you can still come if you want" which may have slight chances of being a selling point to Jews, but has none towards non-Jews. At best, extra stupid people will become aware that they are able to join, but there's nothing in that which encourages them to do so. The purpose it seems you have in this is to explain to non-Jews that they are targetted members as well, which can be expressed far more effectively saying "This is a forum for everyone (idealists) who want(s) to do good (save the word) <- extreme simplistic (extreme emotional). Now for the "Join the most exciting forum anywhere on the net" 2 duh remarks 1. anywhere; no one says "the most exciting forum on our website, because we don't have another one", so the anywhere is superfluous irrelevant information that will cause people to discount it. Same deal with "on the net". Maybe to an ancient Greek audience, they would know now not to go to the local forum to look for Shlomo. This is not as irrelevant as like I stated, once people start discounting what you say, they'll discount other things, and forget you eventually. The subject matter and opionions will be so contrary to what most have been lead to believe, you'll get mini ptsd crises out of them, so don't make it harder on them to keep this in their head, and really, say something that is original, catchy and memorable for the last thing (and thereby, memory) of the video so they remember it. Stand up comedians always save their best stuff for the end, because a slow show that ends well does better than a great show that finishes boring. You can make it even with a lot of text if you do soemthing like an entrance animation where boxes will come into the screen, that say "freed soviet jews" "predicted and tried to stop 9/11 mastermind" "fought to get so and so elected" "predicted obama's disasters" etc and then JOIN THE FIGHT/TAKE A STAND, even your lovely phrase TRUTH UNCENSORED in all caps on top of JTF.ORG is cool, but ofc you have to actually tell people to join or they won't so put something cool, not too sappy and not to beggy, so that it sticks in people's mind and they're cool with it staying there.

Neuroscience has shown that the human mind automatically discounts something it expects to hear. For people who have seen the videos and see the message, the response is "ya ya I know", then selective amnesia shows up. Your logo and certain identifying marks should be always the same for "branding", but the message at the end of the videos has no branding benefit, if people think of it when they think of you. Don't be afraid to make a different message at the end of your videos whenever you like.

3. Call the forum something that is less a matter of opinion than "exciting" and with a broader selling point. Don't call it a forum either. Say join JTF, not "join the JTF forum" if you want to use the word join, because or else it's like a girl you just met going off on marriage in the first week you met her (mind you, I am only aware that people are scared off by this, I do not experience the same phenomenon, but that's besides the point) the guy wanted to come and talk about Iran because he identifies with that issue, and now you're saying "come make this commitment, and don't just know that fact and now you're good, keep learning stuff all the time here", and so they may be overwhelmed and bolt. Call it a movement. Fake it till you make it, you're better off, just maybe don't call it a mass movement yet. If you want a mass one, start with a little movement. Even calling it a small moment is a selling point to some people, and will make people feel like they're discovering rare hidden knowledge, if there selling point is adventure and non-conformity. "join the JTF movment, the link to join is below" already sounds way cooler. "Make your stand with JTF, the link to join is below" shows this can be long winded and do the same "put time and effort now" thing that scares people, and the other opposite of the spectrum is just to write "More", which has no beggy/worried lines, and is attractive to people who agreed/enjoyed the video. I'd already get paid a 100 bucks at the worst company for writing this, and anyways i should be forgetting these skills and working on my welding ones, so find out what your target audience wants, list them and then guess which is more important and put them in that order, figure out what you want people to do and experience psychologically, list most to least important, and determine the statement that best corresponds to both.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 03:13:08 AM »
Note, I am not suggesting you apply this to the Hebrew forum. The same restaurant with the same menu that is called Prince Potato's Sea Palace here would be Fish n Chips there. You gotta milk it and serve it with a fruity little umbrella in the west, everyone is driven by their temporary desires of the heart.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 04:03:39 AM »
channel tv
jtf.tvjew

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 06:58:33 AM »
channel tv
jtf.tvjew

That's a lot of work. My thread is about ways branding efforts, professionalism and audience retention can be improved using the existing system.