Author Topic: My reply to FTF  (Read 3304 times)

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
My reply to FTF
« on: August 26, 2007, 01:53:14 PM »
Hello Chaim,

Thanks for answering my question last week, I think I now I agree with you that re-education camps for muslims would be an idea that would be doomed to fail.

I'm trying to understand why some people can be so retarded, the Quran is so full of logical holes and rubbish, how can anyone actually follow it's teachings?

One example of quranical rubbish: "The Jews call `Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is the saying from their mouth; (In this) they are intimate; what the Unbelievers of the old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the truth." [Qur'an 9:30]

I think I am right in saying that the Jews do not believe that G-d has a son, how come this religion of nonsense (Islam) still stands up?

FTF,

I don't think Christians (outside of Arab Christians) say that Jesus was a son of Allah...since Christians believe Jesus was the son of the G-d of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob....

And as everyone knows...

Allah was NEVER the G-d of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Mohammed just happened to pick one idol among many and say "THIS IS THE ONE TRUE GOD!"

Our G-d was never an idol, anywhere, at any time.
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

ftf

Re: My reply to FTF
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 02:13:43 PM »
I know that.

Let me elaborate on what I wrote, to muslims Allah is G-d, to muslims, Allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, now, when they read this passage, why don't they toss Islam out of the window as it's obvious that the Jews do not believe that G-d has a son.

Anyway, it was a stupid question to ask Chaim, I've removed it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 02:16:12 PM by ftf »

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 02:23:13 PM »
I know that.

Let me elaborate on what I wrote, to muslims Allah is G-d, to muslims, Allah is the G-d of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, now, when they read this passage, why don't they toss Islam out of the window as it's obvious that the Jews do not believe that G-d has a son.

Allah is the moon god of the arabs .
In the pre-islam era the arabs believed in 3 main gods :
1. Al-Let, Al-Oza, both were the doughters of the main god - Al-lah (=Allah), wich was the moon god, mohammed just made him one god, but it was just the same pagan god .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
  • "Lo ta'amod al dam re'echa"
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 02:36:56 PM »
I know that.

Let me elaborate on what I wrote, to muslims Allah is G-d, to muslims, Allah is the G-d of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, now, when they read this passage, why don't they toss Islam out of the window as it's obvious that the Jews do not believe that G-d has a son.

Allah is the moon G-d of the arabs .
1. Al-Let, Al-Oza, both were the doughters of the main G-d - Al-lah (=Allah), wich was the moon G-d, mohammed just made him one G-d, but it was just the same pagan G-d .

Odd..I thought the word allah was a rendering of the hebrew word for g-d, aleph-lamed, i thought the muslims stole it from us
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

newman

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 02:42:11 PM »
I know that.

Allah is the moon G-d of the arabs .
1. Al-Let, Al-Oza, both were the doughters of the main G-d - Al-lah (=Allah), wich was the moon G-d, mohammed just made him one G-d, but it was just the same pagan G-d .

Odd..I thought the word allah was a rendering of the hebrew word for g-d, aleph-lamed, i thought the muslims stole it from us

'Allah' appears as the name of the pagan moongod of mecca on many old tablets and idols. 'Allah'  ALSO appears as one of the family  names of mohammerhead's clan according to some historians.

Whether muslims understand this or really believe this 'god' is THE G_d of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob is open for debate.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 02:50:01 PM »
According to Chaim, Allah is the Arab word for G-d.

On Ask JTF many months ago, a Sephardi Jew was telling the story of how his (Jewish)Grandfather (from and Arab country) refferred to G-d as 'Allah'.  The young man told his grandfather that he was wrong and that he shouldn't be calling G-d 'Allah'.

Chaim told the poster that he was wrong and his grandfather was right.  'Allah' is simply the Arab word for 'G-d'.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 03:01:58 PM »
Allah really mean God, but who said it's the god of israel ?
It's just means "god"
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 03:05:18 PM »
I don't know if Chaim will mention this but many times throughout the Bible it says that G-d has a son and that son is the Jewish people "Bni Bechori Yisroel" "My first born son Israel" Exodus 21?:??
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

newman

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 03:08:01 PM »
I don't know if Chaim will mention this but many times throughout the Bible it says that G-d has a son and that son is the Jewish people "Bni Bechori Yisroel" "My first born son Israel" Exodus 21?:??

Lubab,

Isn't Israel is ALSO the 'suffering servant' referred to in Torah?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 03:22:44 PM »
Yes, the Suffering Servant in Isaiah 53 is The Nation of Israel as a whole.

It cannot be referring to one person because it uses both singular and plural conjugation when speaking about him.

Most English translations ignore this fact and just mistranslate the plural form as singular in order to make it seem it is talking about one person which is what King James would like you to think.

I wonder why.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 03:30:39 PM »
Chaim is wrong on this issue. He says that Allah is the Arabic word for G-d since his family are Egyptian Jews.

However, Allah was not always the same as "The Creator God."

Dexter was quite right. Allah started off as the Arabian moon god. And once Islam had spread and conquered areas, both the Arabian "one god" and Arabic culture became dominant. Then, the Christians and Jews who lived in Arab/Islamic controlled areas for centuries began to call "God", "Allah."

That is why today, Christian Arabs call God, "Allah."

To the Arab, "Allah" is the only word for God...because Islam has made it so.

- General Ferdinand Foch

- Oliver Hazard Perry

newman

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 03:34:43 PM »

To the Arab, "Allah" is the only word for G-d...because Islam has made it so.

Correct.

English (for example) has changed immeasurably over 1400 years. What 'allah' meant 1400 years ago (to the arabs) and what it's taken as NOW could well be different.

ftf

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 03:55:35 PM »
I think I am right in saying that the Arabic for G-d is actually Illah, not Allah. One muslim prayer conatiains the words "There is no Illah but Allah" (except they'd say the whole thing in arabic of course)

Everyone posting here has really missed the point of my question...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 04:59:44 PM by ftf »

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 04:27:20 PM »
Muslims understand Allah to be the god of "Ibrahim", "Ishaaq" and "Yaqub", not Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their perception of God is one that is wholly different than that of Jews or Christians.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 04:43:15 PM »
I disagree with the Rambam on this particular issue. Allah is a pagan rock god. I don't care what it has come to mean in Modern Arabic. The word gay in modern American English has come to be associated with homosexual, but it really means happy or joyful. I apply the same logic with Allah. Plus, the one true God cannot have a physical home in the sense of living in a black stone or building (i.e. the Kaaba). He cannot be limited to finite dimensions.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 04:46:03 PM »
Allah may be the general word for G-d in the Arabic language but in the West, we all know full well what it means. I understand that kid's grandfather did nothing wrong, but in American use it only means satan.

ftf

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 05:13:49 PM »
No one has said anything about the issue I was actually asking about... lol

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 05:58:51 PM »
Allah is a devil. Nothing has killed more innocent people in recent times.
I am urinating on a Koran.

newman

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 06:01:10 PM »
'Allah' is no more of a problem than the volcano 'gods' of the South Pacific. It's their FOLLOWERS who are the giant pain in the tuchis.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 06:14:28 PM »
Muslims understand Allah to be the G-d of "Ibrahim", "Ishaaq" and "Yaqub", not Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their perception of G-d is one that is wholly different than that of Jews or Christians.

;D , different pronounciations.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 06:23:55 PM »
I agree with Chaim.  Allah means G-d, and the Arab G-d is the same one as we worship since they say he is the G-d of Abraham. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

ftf

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 06:40:09 PM »
I agree with Chaim.  Allah means G-d, and the Arab G-d is the same one as we worship since they say he is the G-d of Abraham. 
Muslims do not worship the same God as us, even if they think they do, the description of Allah in the Quran differs greatly to the description of God in the Bible.

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 08:20:57 PM »

They may say that he is the G-d of Abraham (Ibrahim...whatever), but how can this be when Muhammed took an existing idol and then "made" it the one god? I mean, he takes this idol and says "This is the god of Abraham?"

That's rather blashphemous if you happen to ask me.

Allah and the God of Israel are not now, nor have they ever been, the same God.

- General Ferdinand Foch

- Oliver Hazard Perry