Author Topic: Schoolgirl arrested for refusing to study with non-English pupils  (Read 4274 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
This is where our freedom is headed... this is actually happening... and no one is arresting jesse jackson or al sharpton.

Schoolgirl arrested for refusing to study with non-English pupils
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=410150&in_page_id=1770
Last updated at 22:34pm on 12th October 2006

Codie Stott: The 14-year-old schoolgirl was arrested for racism and spent three-and-a-half hours in police custody

A teenage schoolgirl was arrested by police for racism after refusing to sit with a group of Asian students because some of them did not speak English.

Codie Stott's family claim she was forced to spend three-and-a-half hours in a police cell after she was reported by her teachers.

The 14-year-old - who was released without charge - said it had been a simple matter of commonsense and accused the school and police of an over-the-top reaction.

The incident happened in the same local education authority where a ten-year-old boy was prosecuted earlier this year for calling a schoolfriend racist names in the playground, a move branded by a judge "political correctness gone mad."

Codie was attending a GCSE science class at Harrop Fold High School in Worsley, Greater Manchester, when the incident happened.

The teenager had not been in school the day before due to a hospital appointment and had missed the start of a project, so the teacher allocated her a group to sit with.

"She said I had to sit there with five Asian pupils," said Codie yesterday.

"Only one could speak English, so she had to tell that one what to do so she could explain in their language. Then she sat me with them and said 'Discuss'."

According to Codie, the five - four boys and a girl - then began talking in a language she didn't understand, thought to be Urdu, so she went to speak to the teacher.

"I said 'I'm not being funny, but can I change groups because I can't understand them?' But she started shouting and screaming, saying 'It's racist, you're going to get done by the police'."

Codie said she went outside to calm down where another teacher found her and, after speaking to her class teacher, put her in isolation for the rest of the day.

A complaint was made to a police officer based full-time at the school, and more than a week after the incident on September 26 she was taken to Swinton police station and placed under arrest.

"They told me to take my laces out of my shoes and remove my jewellery, and I had my fingerprints and photograph taken," said Codie. "It was awful."

After questioning on suspicion of committing a section five racial public order offence, her mother Nicola says she was placed in a bare cell for three-and-a-half hours then released without charge.

She only returned to lessons this week and has been put in a different science class.

Yesterday Miss Stott, 37, a cleaner, said: "Codie was not being racist." "The reaction from the school and police is totally over the top and I am furious my daughter had to go through this trauma when all she was saying was common sense. "

"She'd have been better off not saying anything and getting into trouble for not being able to do the work."

Miss Stott, who is separated from Codie and her 18-year-old brother Ashley's father, lives with her partner Keith Seanor, a 36-year-old cable layer, in Walkden.

School insiders acknowledge that at least three of the students Codie refused to sit with had recently arrived in this country and spoke little English.

But they say her comments afterwards raised further concerns, for example allegedly referring to the students as "blacks" - something she denied yesterday.

The school is now investigating exactly what happened before deciding what action - if any - to take against Codie.

Headteacher Dr Antony Edkins said: "An allegation of a serious nature was made concerning a racially motivated remark by one student towards a group of Asian students new to the school and new to the country."

"We aim to ensure a caring and tolerant attitude towards people and pupils of all ethnic backgrounds and will not stand for racism in any form."

Fewer than two per cent of pupils at Harrop Fold come from an ethnic minority.

It had the worst GCSE results in the entire Salford LEA last year with just 15 per cent of pupils achieving five good passes including English and maths, a third of the national average.

Since being placed in special measures, Ofsted inspectors say it has improved, not least as a result of Dr Edkins's "outstanding" leadership.

Salford was at the centre of a storm last April after a ten-year-old boy was hauled before a court for allegedly calling an 11-year-old mixed race pupil a 'Paki' and 'Bin Laden' in a playground argument at a primary school in Irlam.

When the case came before District Judge Jonathan Finestein he said the decision to prosecute showed "how stupid the whole system is getting".

But was himself fiercely attacked by teaching union leaders for "feeding a pernicious agenda" that aided the BNP.

The prosecution was eventually dropped.

Last night Robert Whelan, deputy director of the Civitas think-tank, said: "It's obviously common sense that pupils who don't speak English cause problems for other pupils and for teachers."

"I'm sure this sort of thing happens all the time, but it's a sad reflection on the school if they can't deal with it without involving the police."

"A lot of these arrests don't result in prosecutions - they aim is to frighten us into self-censorship until we watch everything we say."

Greater Manchester Police denied Codie had been kept in a cell but would not comment further.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 02:14:56 AM by jeffguy »
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Yochanan Zev

Re: Schoolgirl arrested for refusing to study with non-English pupils
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 10:08:12 AM »
What does Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have to do with a 14 year schoolgirl in the UK?

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 10:46:25 AM »
What does Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have to do with a 14 year schoolgirl in the UK?

I bet Sharpton and Jackson have had quite a few 14 year old schoolgirls between them in their time.   :D

Yochanan Zev

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 10:54:01 AM »
Neither one of those guys have ever ran for office or sponsored legislation that amounted to anything.

But I've betcha your boy Foley has even had more 14 year boys than Michael Jackson and Barney Frank combined!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 11:00:44 AM »

Easy question... because they are Jew hating racists. They love to talk about whitey but no one ever calls them racist. Only white people or Jews can be racist with these left-wing, pseudo-intellectual elitists.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Yochanan Zev

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 11:28:08 AM »
Some you guy on this board attribute more status to them than they really warrant.  Though I believe it's fashionable to bash them to make counter claims of racism.

What I don't understand is why be so concerned with Jackson, or Farrakhan, or Al Sharpton?  They don't hold political office and  hardly yield any influence of consequence outside of their communties.  We are all individuals and have to make our own choices.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 11:39:58 AM »
Some you guy on this board attribute more status to them than they really warrant.  Though I believe it's fashionable to bash them to make counter claims of racism.

What I don't understand is why be so concerned with Jackson, or Farrakhan, or Al Sharpton?  They don't hold political office and  hardly yield any influence of consequence outside of their communties.  We are all individuals and have to make our own choices.

Because they are worshipped and idolized and they are racist by the very definition of the word.

And you are wrong... they hold a tremendous influence with the black communities and the media, white, and Jewish cowards that are intimidated by them.

Just because we make our own choices doesn't mean that muslims will stop blowing themselves up to kill people, the government will see reality, the media coverage would actually be factual, or the teachers will actually teach things like math and English. Making our own choices doesn't really mean squat unless the larger group makes those choices together. This is our predicament.

Yochanan Zev

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 11:59:23 AM »
You know, people have said the same thing about JDL.  Although, I see everyone here as an individual and I am willing to find out for myself before I would rely on anyone elses judgment.  In that regard, I don't know any blacks personallly who worship Jackson and Sharpton.  I'd say Charles Rangel or Barak Obama probably have more status in the black community than those two.

But I guess they're Black Nazis also, huh?

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 12:13:53 PM »
You know, people have said the same thing about JDL.  Although, I see everyone here as an individual and I am willing to find out for myself before I would rely on anyone elses judgment.  In that regard, I don't know any blacks personallly who worship Jackson and Sharpton.  I'd say Charles Rangel or Barak Obama probably have more status in the black community than those two.

But I guess they're Black Nazis also, huh?

Black or not... they are nazis.

I see nothing inherently wrong with black skin at all... which is the JTF position. G-d loves the Ethiopian Jews just the same as the European Jews. I have had several black friends that felt very close to. When people on here say "black" they are generalizing towards the popular culture of hip-hop, victim mentality, and criminal glorification. In a culture that believes that criminals should be idolized  (i.e. the extreme popularity of violent, materialistic, pimp worshipping, criminal idolizing, woman dehumanizing rap music), that society will ultimately have more and more criminals.

So when the leaders of these communities just feed the victim mentality and blame races for their problems, it prevents many from recognizing their own power of choice and responsibility. It sets up a cycle and it becomes a trend with the inherent pack mentality of human beings.

Rhuan

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 12:16:01 PM »
People are too quick to say someone is racist these days...

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 12:17:17 PM »
For my own part, I have said before I'm not racist, my own 'beef' is with the white female supremacy system.  So I have nothing against blacks.  Although, those who I do have a problem with, I shan't say, because it is not the JTF position, and many don't like to hear it.  ;)

Yochanan Zev

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 12:35:59 PM »
People are quick to label others as "Nazis" these days too.

I'd make a bet Rangel or Obama has never hurt any Jewish person in anyway to warrant the label of a Nazi.  With exception of a few Jews, I've always have gotten along with jews and have always felt I could confide with them certain understandings that I could never do with ordinary whites.  And even whether you accept this notion or not, they are sort of my foster brothers in faith.

I've never harmed a Jew in my whole entire life.  My first girlfriend was Jewish.  I'm a supporter of Israel.  But I could disagree with some of you on policies, or some of this race crap and instantly I'm labeled a Jew-hater.

Believe me, I don't expect to be accepted here by all you guys.  I don't care about being accepted.  I chose the name Ze'ev because that in a way is how I see myself within the Jewish community.. sort of a lone wolf.  That's okay, because that's the way I am anyway and I don't try to deny that anymore.  I have my own mind and am totally willing to account for my own actions. 

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 12:53:40 PM »
For my own part, I have said before I'm not racist, my own 'beef' is with the white female supremacy system.  So I have nothing against blacks.  Although, those who I do have a problem with, I shan't say, because it is not the JTF position, and many don't like to hear it.  ;)

LOL!! I know what you were going to say... *grin*