Author Topic: From Eilat to Tel-Aviv  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
From Eilat to Tel-Aviv
« on: August 28, 2007, 04:48:05 AM »
When I get home to NY, I will share with everyone my experiences in Israel..I have so much to tell and so many stories I heard. 

A few things though:

1. You must know Hebrew if you ever plan to live here!!  Otherwise, you'll never get married or meet anyone or express anything decently.
2. The majority of Israelis that I met so far will support a Kahanist type movement.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

newman

Re: From Eilat to Tel-Aviv
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 05:57:40 AM »
That's good news!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:12:17 AM »
I find that hard to beleive
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 07:37:41 AM »

bear in mind I didn't poll 1 million Israelis.

In Tiberias a 20 year old girl agreed with our political beliefs
In Yerushalaem, the general belief of the religious Jews that I hung out with goes towards Kahanism and Torah Judaism.
The group that I toured with is a non affiliated Torah Jewish right wing movement but is still unaffiliated wtih any politics.
Our Israeli tour leader lives in one of the settlements in Samaria and is right wing.
And in eilat I met a family from Peta Tikva who knew Rabbi Meir Kahane personally and supported his beliefs and curse Begin much of the way Chaim does.

I have not met a single dissenter to the belief that Arabs are decent people. And heard more that Kahane was right. But because they don't know about JTF, they many have lost hope and believe that the Israelis are pretty much screwed for another Holocaust, GD forbid!  I told them that the generation of their children will be warriors and will save all of us, Gd willing.
I'll be heading to Tel-Aviv, so it should be interesting what I find out from the natives over there.

Oddly enough, at JFK airport I came across some kids who came back from a camp called "Seeds of 'Peace'" which is where they hang out with arabs taht like to call themselves Pales tinians. When this happened i gave a look at them and then replied, "In as much as I disagree with what you are doing, your intentions are good and hopefully it will work for the better..however, you must be vigilant of these people...there is no peace when one's religion and culture demands our destruction."
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 06:35:14 AM »
They are funded by the State Dept. anti Israel, that former state dept kapo miller is the head of it.

Adam Shapiro co-founded the International Solidarity Movement with Huwaida Arraf, a PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi-American born in Michigan who is now his wife,
and Neta Golan, a Jew born in Israel to Canadian parents. Shapiro, who is also Jewish, found himself in a media spotlight when he accompanied an ambulance to Yasir Arafat's headquarters after it was surrounded by the Israeli military in March. During his stay, he reportedly had breakfast with Arafat. Shapiro has spoken throughout the country about the ISM's activities, and has outraged critics by comparing some instances of Israeli behavior toward PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazis to that of the Nazis. Before joining the ISM full time he worked in Jerusalem for Seeds for Peace, an American nonprofit that promotes dialogue between Israeli and PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi youth.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 06:38:18 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 07:47:58 AM »
I too found that many Israelis possess kahanist views in Israel yet do not consider themselves Kahanists as  Kahanism is still treated as taboo and criminal in Israel by the ruling, self-hating establishment. Most Israelis are sick of arabs except for the usual pond scum that dwell in North Tel Aviv and in the Knesset. Suprisingly, even people I met in Tel Aviv such as people who live in the Sepharadic Hatikva neighbourhood and Jews from Yafo and Bat Yam have expressed Kahanist views.
You are 100% about needing to know Hebrew, no one can survive there without a good understanding of the language. Nearly everyone knows English to a degree but to be able to work and converse properly amongst the populace, one needs to have more than a rudimentary knowledge of Hebrew. It is a wonderful language to learn however.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 08:54:27 AM »
but there is also nothing like knowing Hebrew to converse ideals to hot Israeli women too :)..and it's only fair to learn to speak their language if we end up living there...no need to be like illegal mexicans and make the citizens of the US learn THEIR language! Even though I know how to speak Spanish pretty well, it pisses me off so much that I want to kick them in the nuts!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 09:05:49 AM »

In Yerushalaem, the general belief of the religious Jews that I hung out with goes towards Kahanism and Torah Judaism.
The group that I toured with is a non affiliated Torah Jewish right wing movement but is still unaffiliated wtih any politics.
Our Israeli tour leader lives in one of the settlements in Samaria and is right wing.
And in eilat I met a family from Peta Tikva who knew Rabbi Meir Kahane personally and supported his beliefs and curse Begin much of the way Chaim does.

I have not met a single dissenter to the belief that Arabs are decent people. And heard more that Kahane was right. But because they don't know about JTF, they many have lost hope and believe that the Israelis are pretty much screwed for another Holocaust, GD forbid!  I told them that the generation of their children will be warriors and will save all of us, Gd willing.
I'll be heading to Tel-Aviv, so it should be interesting what I find out from the natives over there.

Oddly enough, at JFK airport I came across some kids who came back from a camp called "Seeds of 'Peace'" which is where they hang out with arabs taht like to call themselves Pales tinians. When this happened i gave a look at them and then replied, "In as much as I disagree with what you are doing, your intentions are good and hopefully it will work for the better..however, you must be vigilant of these people...there is no peace when one's religion and culture demands our destruction."

It's good that you're going to Tel Aviv where you can get a diversity of opinions. I'm curious to know what the residents there would say about Kahanism. You should also visit a Kibbutz and poll some people there and get their opinions. I'd be curious to know what their responses would be :)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 09:09:21 AM »

It's good that you're going to Tel Aviv where you can get a diversity of opinions. I'm curious to know what the residents there would say about Kahanism. You should also visit a Kibbutz and poll some people there and get their opinions. I'd be curious to know what their responses would be :)
The "kibbutz idea" is basiclly marxist, so.....don't expect great resonses ....

dannycookie57 -
Many MANY people in Israel do not want religouse regime, that's why basiclly most of the people will not agree with the Kahanists ideas ...
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 09:50:23 AM »
very few people want a religious regime. However, I sincerely believe that a Kahanist govt will not force others to be religious but enable those who want to be to not have a hard time in secular neighborhoods.

For me, personally, I left Israel realizing that for myself, at least, if there were a choice of complete secularism versus complete religiosity, I would choose complete religiosity.  However, I believe that religion and secularism should BOTH be done in moderation.

I also realized that the rules of fences around the Torah were man made rules..(even though these rabbis were inspired by Gd and very wise people!)  Who's to say that one's fence should be 8 miles away while another person's fence for the same rule is 2 feet away?  Some Jews get tempted more easily than others.  So who will decide the correct distance?  Will a decision be made?  Who's to say that beaches for men and women need to be separate?  For some men they need a separate beach because they don't want to be tempted..but for others, they dont' get tempted to have sex with women in bikinis.

Also, I realized that Gd didn't just put in this world to study Torah all day long...although to each their own for those who love doing that.  We live in this world and should enjoy the fruits of this world...albiet there is a holier way of enjoying certain things like food, drink and sex.  Therefore, all Jews shoudl at least learn Torah and speak Hebrew...but i don't necessarily think that all Jews should be required to learn Talmud.  It shoudl be reserved for those who will make a living in using Talmud.  But since we are a nation of priests, we shoudl at least learn Torah.