Author Topic: Top Ten Movies of all Time  (Read 1017 times)

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
Top Ten Movies of all Time
« on: August 28, 2007, 08:29:06 AM »
Just interested in people's thoughts of top ten of all time. Comedies are a separate category.
IMHO

1. Cool Hand Luke
2. On the Waterfront
3. Godfather
4. Manchurian Candidate(original)
5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
6. Falling Down
7. Death Wish(1st one only)
8. Glory
9. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly(or any Eastwood western)
10. Angels with Dirty Faces(or any Cagney gangster movie)
Honorable mention  - Taxi Driver, Deer Hunter, Braveheart, Sands of Iwo Jima.

Comedies
1. Blazing Saddles
2. History of the World
3. Team America
4. Airplane
5. The Gods must be Crazy
6. Borat(sorry, I know this will be controversial, but it was funny)
7. South Park : Bigger, Longer, Uncut
8. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
9. Animal House
10. Jungle Fever(again, I know, controversial here, but the scenes in the Italian soda shop(who's Paula Abdul, she got big t**s, ok, I'll &%$* her, or what about Sweet D*%^ Willie. It was funny)

Everyone else's list ?
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
Re: Top Ten Movies of all Time
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 11:53:48 AM »
My three favorite movies of all time are Charlton Heston's Ten Commandments, Fiddler on the Roof, and the Sound of Music.  Some of my other favorites include Amadeus, Arthur, John Huston's The Bible, Elephant Man, Family Man, Gandhi, Matchpoint, Phantom of the Opera (2004), 13 Going on 30, and...well, that is all I can think of off the top of my head.  I also liked movies that I realize are considered of inferior quality, such as Death Wish, Planet of the Apes, and Sweet Home Alabama.

Among my favorite television shows of all time is the original Twilight Zone, the original Star Trek, Carol Burnett Show, Columbo, Highway to Heaven, Kung Fu, Lou Grant, Paper Chase, Taxi, and the Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson.

And not that anybody really cares, but my favorite music is, of course, Jewish music, but only when it is deeply soul piercing, such as the beautiful and and supremely talented Ofra Haza, Jerusalem of Gold, Shlomo Carlebach, and of course the songs we all hear at our Shabbat tables.  I also like baroque/classical music from the 1700's (Bach, Mozart, Handel, Vivaldi, etc), and modern/rock music but only when it is soft and gentle, such as the Beatles when they do ballads, Johnny Mathis, Simon and Garfunkel, David Gates and Bread, Starry Night, Mary Hopkin (Those Were the Days), Olivia Newton-John, Barbara Streisand (only when she sings!), John Denver, Celine Dion, the early Charlotte Church, Josh Groban, Hayley Westenra, Emmy Rossum, and so on.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:03:43 PM by JewishTeddyBear »