Author Topic: The Karaite Judaism  (Read 22756 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
The Karaite Judaism
« on: August 30, 2007, 06:43:45 AM »
What is your opinion about Karaite Judaism ?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 04:28:40 PM by Dexter »
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: The Karaite Cult
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 07:03:44 AM »
What is your opinion about Karaite Judaism ?
I have a friend who is a karaite nice guy
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 10:32:34 AM »
O...K...  :P
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 12:53:14 PM »
They're heretics and are cut off from the Jewish people.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 01:05:55 PM »
Karaite "Judaism" has never been accepted by the Orthodox community.  Also, many of them are no longer even halachically Jewish, as they believe in Patrilinear descent rather than Matrilinear.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 01:55:17 PM »
They're heretics and are cut off from the Jewish people.
Thank you very much for giving me the knoledge that i'm a heretic  :laugh:

We don't believe that the Oral Torah gaved to Moses in sinai, we believe ALL tanakh .
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:03:36 PM by Dexter »

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 02:07:17 PM »
most are completedly halachically Jewish i am friends with someone who is a karaite although he's not religious as karaite or Jewish regular
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 02:12:09 PM »
They are a very small minority and they do not follow the Talmud.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 02:13:35 PM »
Correct but they are Jewish

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 02:13:42 PM »
Thank you very much for giving me the knoledge that i'm a heretic  :laugh:

We don't believe that the Oral Torah gaved to Moses in sinai, we believe ALL tanakh.

I did not know this, Dexter. Interesting.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

newman

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »
Karaite "Judaism" has never been accepted by the Orthodox community.  Also, many of them are no longer even halachically Jewish, as they believe in Patrilinear descent rather than Matrilinear.

That's dangerous. They could pollute the House of Israel with non-Jews if this is the case.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 02:21:58 PM »
There is really no authority, because everyone can interpret the Tanach for themselves.  The other problem is that it doesn't have historic continuity.  After the destruction of the second Temple, the Sadducees pretty much died out and then history didn't see "scripture-only" movements within Judaism until around the 10th century when Karaism was started.  Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Sadducees only followed the 5 books of the Torah, whereas the Karaites follow the full Tanach that was accepted by regular Orthodox Jews.

That is not true, we can't distrot the torah for our needs, while we trying to clarify a verse from the tanakh we need allways remember that what G-d said is the most importent and the human needs should be throwed out the window .

The first Jews that puted Tphilin on tham, and therefor believed in so called "Oral Torah" were a cult name Pharisees that was created in the 2 centery B.C.E., their named Pharisees (Prushim in hebrew) because they leaved the mainstreem of Judaism in those days, that didn't believed in what we know today as Oral Torah, they, the Pharisees (wich are the base for today's orthodox judaism) said they are the only one that they and only they have the right to try and clarify verses from the Tanakh, and their "clarify verses" are what we know today as the Talmud .
I don't know how they had no shame to claim only they have the right to try and clarify verses from the Tanakh, because their number was only 6000 !!!

The other jews didn't believed in the Oral Torah AT ALL.
After the Bar Kochva rebelion the Pharisees became very strong and actually ruled the Jewish way of thought, but the original Jews were never destroyd, and in the 8th centery B.C.E. a non-believer of the Oral Torah name Anan ben David decided to unite all jews that didn't believed in the Oral Torah, later only the Karaite Judaism have been created that their goal is to make the jewish people come back to his original believes .

Actually, the "Jewish principles of faith" that the Rambam mantiond were the SAME Jewish principles of faith that a karaite rav name Yehuda ben Eliyahu Hadassi mantiond while the Rambam was only 13 years old, that means that the karaites were first to know what are the most important thing in Judaism .

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:27:40 PM by Dexter »

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 02:23:17 PM »

That's dangerous. They could pollute the House of Israel with non-Jews if this is the case.
If someone could explein me what the words Matrilinear and Patrilinear means I would love to answere OdKahaneChai's post. 

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 02:26:48 PM »
MAT- from Mother (Jews believe that you being Jewish has to do with the fact that your mother was Jewish) Pat- threw father.

Karaites are not Halahically Jewish, they are assimilated by the most part and are mostly russians not Jews.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 02:29:40 PM »
MAT- from Mother (Jews believe that you being Jewish has to do with the fact that your mother was Jewish) Pat- threw father.

Karaites are not Halahically Jewish, they are assimilated by the most part and are mostly russians not Jews.
Lol, that is nonsense, the center of Karaites jews was in Egypt, and every russin Karaite, although they are only few, is "converted" again to Karaite Judaism and they also test their DNA to check if they are ethniclly jewish .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 02:38:33 PM »
Because that is how it was in the time of the Torah .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 02:44:47 PM »
Because that is how it was in the time of the Torah .

Your father determines which tribe you belong to, your mother if your Jewish or not, actually in Sefardic communities we try not to reach out to families which are technically Jewish (a jewish mother marrying a goy), becuase it is a grave sin and we should have nothing to do with it. For Askenazim unfortunatly the situation is very very bad, whateva each person has a free choice he or she can do what e wants but will pay a heavy price in the next world for sure.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 02:48:04 PM »
Dexter, I am shocked you  consider yourself a Kaarite. This is a completely heretical sect. You cannot observe or understand even the simplest thing in the Written Torah without the Oral Torah. There are many many allusions in the written Torah to the fact that there was also a written tradition handed down along with it.

Without the oral tradition, for instance, for tefillin you should probably just put a dot on your hand and that's it. Because all the Torah says is "place a sign on your hand". This is just one example of how the Torah is utterly unobservable without the oral explanations.

I recommend  you distance yourself from these heretics as much as possible. They are out to destroy the observance of true Judaism.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 02:52:13 PM »
The Karaite plot blamed !

Lulab, I just want you to know that NO jew ever put Tphilin on him untile the 2 centery B.C. and that is a FACT .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 02:55:46 PM »
Dexter- were you born a karaite or are you Jewish who has decided to be a karaite? (or are your parents Jewish but secular).

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 02:57:07 PM »
I have decided to be a karaite, and my parents are Jewish but secular .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 02:57:12 PM »

Karate Judaism? Love it, the way they do the flying kicks is really cool!  ;D

;)

Seriously, first time I've ever heard of it.  :)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

newman

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 02:58:11 PM »
Trying to study Torah without the Oral Law would be like navigating a sailboat through a reef without charts. It's 99.9% guaranteed to have a tradgedy.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 02:58:44 PM »

every Jew who wants to get married today must check with this organization (dont know the name but when I get married I will ask my Rabbi becuase he said this). It thorougly checks who is Jewish and who is not (it has background information research, etc.), today you MUST check, even though the other person seems to be Jewish and even if he or she observes mitzvot you must check expecially for Askenazim.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 02:59:40 PM »
I have decided to be a karaite, and my parents are Jewish but secular .

okay then I assume you are Jewish.