Author Topic: The Karaite Judaism  (Read 22748 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Re: The Karaite Cult
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 03:00:27 PM »
I have decided to be a karaite, and my parents are Jewish but secular .

okay then I assume you are Jewish.
I am  :-X

Trying to study Torah without the Oral Law would be like navigating a sailboat through a reef without charts. It's 99.9% guaranteed to have a tradgedy.
And you know it because...? (I'm not trying to insult you  ;) )
The karaites studied the Torah very well, you can see it yourself with the fact that the Karaites jews were the first (befor the rambam) that said all 13 Jewish principles of faith .
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:02:37 PM by Dexter »
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 03:01:01 PM »
The Karaite plot blamed !

Lulab, I just want you to know that NO jew ever put Tphilin on him untile the 2 centery B.C.E. and that is a FACT .

Dexter, why don't you ask Chaim what he thinks about your Kaarite beliefs on the next JTF. I think it will be more meaningful coming from him.

P.S.  What you're saying about Tefillin is a COMPLETE LIE, by the way.

Go try and prove that nobody ever put on tefllin before that time.

Have fun trying to prove a negative. Who sold you on this stuff? You sound a little brainwashed, no offense.
If anyone tells you it's a fact that Nobody did AB and C they are a liar. You can't prove that someone never did something. It is proving a negative.

So I know you're way off base from the beginning.

Now if you want to say the earliest teffililn they have found are from that date, that may be true, but remember that "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" that's a good logical tip for you to remember.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:04:20 PM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 03:03:30 PM »
He already made a video on the hebrew forum, a video that a bit insulted me ....
But i answerd him, let's see what he'll say .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 03:04:47 PM »
He already made a video on the hebrew forum, a video that a bit insulted me ....
But i answerd him, let's see what he'll say .

Have fun trying to prove a negative. Who sold you on this stuff? You sound a little brainwashed, no offense.
If anyone tells you it's a fact that Nobody did AB and C they are a liar. You can't prove that someone never did something. It is proving a negative.

Now if you want to say the earliest teffililn they have found are from that date, that may be true, but remember that "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" that's a good logical tip for you to remember.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2007, 03:05:09 PM »

They follow the Torah, keep the sabbath, and are kosher? Then they're Jewish! Helloooo!
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2007, 03:11:16 PM »

That is not a lie, the first time that we ever hear about wearing tphilin in the Mishna, and again, it's a fact .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »

They follow the Torah, keep the sabbath, and are kosher? Then they're Jewish! Helloooo!

lol, no they dont.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2007, 03:17:18 PM »

lol, no they dont.
And I can say you aren't Jewish at all because you are doing a great sin by not listening to the law in DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 4 VERSE 2 :
Ye shall not aadd unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your G-d which I command you

And I don't say it, because I'm not mean as you are, absolutely  disgusting .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2007, 03:34:30 PM »

lol, no they dont.

What of those three tenents of Judaism are they not doing?

I have another test for Judaism myself, goes like this, if this were 1940 Nazi Germany, would he be sitting on the next bunk in the concentration camp. If so, he passed the test.

newman

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2007, 03:38:59 PM »

lol, no they dont.

I have another test for Judaism myself, goes like this, if this were 1940 Nazi Germany, would he be sitting on the next bunk in the concentration camp. If so, he passed the test.

Sorry, but doing Jewish things does NOT make one a Jew.

Wearing a pope hat and chucking holy water off the balcony at 'st peter's' doesn't make one the pope.

A Jew is one born of a Jewish mother or Hallachicly converted.....no exceptions.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 03:52:02 PM »

lol, no they dont.

Sorry, but doing Jewish things does NOT make one a Jew.

Wearing a pope hat and chucking holy water off the balcony at 'st peter's' doesn't make one the pope.

A Jew is one born of a Jewish mother or Hallachicly converted.....no exceptions.

They are practicing Judaism, what else is there? So I'm pretty sure their moms are Jews. Different sects of Jews practice in there own way, but it's the same Torah.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2007, 04:06:21 PM »

lol, no they dont.

first of all hitler does not decide who is a Jew and who isnt, second I do belive that hitler didnt do anything to them becuase even he did realize that they werent Jewish. anyway they are wayy to small and insugnificant.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2007, 04:09:42 PM »

first of all hitler does not decide who is a Jew and who isnt, second I do belive that hitler didnt do anything to them becuase even he did realize that they werent Jewish. anyway they are wayy to small and insugnificant.
[/quote]

No he doesn't, but if someone would have been killed for being Jewish, and says he's Jewish, and follows the Torah, that's good enough for me.

What? Someone doesn't practice exactly like you, then they're not Jewish? A bit sanctamonious and arrogant aren't we.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2007, 04:09:48 PM »
dexter and any jew who belives that their is any validity to karites go to divineinformation.com , click on videos and click on divineinformation, the proof is brought both by the Oral and Written Torah.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2007, 04:16:50 PM »

No he doesn't, but if someone would have been killed for being Jewish, and says he's Jewish, and follows the Torah, that's good enough for me.

What? Someone doesn't practice exactly like you, then they're not Jewish? A bit sanctamonious and arrogant aren't we.

[/quote]

Judaism isnt a salad bar, and no, being jewish and denieng the Oral Law is not practicing Judaism, even a tiny bit. I didnt say one isnt Jewish for not practicing, but we can assume that karaites are not Jewish (the ones who say their parents are karaites, not ones like dexter who says his parents are non-observent Jews bt not karaites- but even they are questionable and must be checked to see if they are Jews).

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2007, 04:56:49 PM »
I've just been to their website, they seem Jewish to me, they're following the Torah, I have no problem with them.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:14:47 PM by jsullivan »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Karaite Judaism
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2007, 05:06:09 PM »

I've just been to their website, they seem Jewish to me, they're following the Torah, I have no problem with them.

dont proselitize please.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:15:10 PM by jsullivan »

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »

That was called an opinion, not proselitizing. Why, did my opinion make you want to convert?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2007, 05:09:59 PM »

Why, did my opinion make you want to convert?

G-d forbid, HELLL no. Why would anyone want to join that cult is beyond me.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2007, 05:14:38 PM »

Well there ya go. I must be a crappy proselitizer then.  ;D

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2007, 05:33:37 PM »
Dexter learn about the origins of your cult.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2007, 05:35:10 PM »

That is not a lie, the first time that we ever hear about wearing tphilin in the Mishna, and again, it's a fact .

So the first time that "we" hear about something, means it's the first time it happened? Are you nuts?

Dexter, out of curiosity, how do you and your Kaarite friends fulfill the Biblical commandment "Vehayu LeTotafot Bein Einecha"?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2007, 05:39:07 PM »
I also hope you sit in COMPLETE darkness the entire Shabbat because it says: "you should not have any fire in your dwellings".

That is the Kaarite interpretation.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2007, 05:40:10 PM »
One who does not believe in the Oral Torah does not have a place in the world to come. Rambam's principles of faith.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2007, 05:42:35 PM »
Karaite Judaism is not real Judaism, it an heretical group based on the Seducites that arose during the second Temple era.  Dexter, the basis of Judaism is the transmission of Torah from your parents and grand parents to yourself.  The Oral law started with Moses and continues to this day as you and me derive new interpreations to the Torah and discover new information in the Torah's infinite wisdom. If you understand this then you understand why the Oral Law must be true.  However, since you were brought up secular, you have no link to the previous generation and without this link you will never understand what real Judaism is about.  So I advise you to find some elderly religious Jews in your community and ask them to transmit to you their life stories and their tradition, perhaps learn with you a little Chumash and you will understand the basis of Judaism. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD