Author Topic: Instead of Bashing Trump  (Read 3460 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Instead of Bashing Trump
« on: April 26, 2016, 10:37:28 AM »
I think it is a mistake for the Ted Cruz campaign, and his PACs, to continue pointing out what is wrong with Donald Trump. People don't care.  The electorate is disgusted with the status quo.  They know Donald Trump.  Good, bad and indifferent. People are giving him a pass.
Tell me what is RIGHT about Ted Cruz.  That is what people need to know.
I want Ted Cruz for president.  But, even, I am tired of hearing about what is wrong with Donald Trump.  Instead, Cruz needs to speak plainly to people about what his presidency will mean to them. 
This is just my opinion.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Tony Rubolotta

• Junior JTFer
Re: Instead of Bashing Trump
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 11:49:04 AM »
Cruz has been speaking plainly so I question anyone that comes in and suggests he needs to start talking plainly when he started long ago.  Trump's mouth is his own worst enemy but I haven't heard Cruz say anything except to express his disagreement with Trump.  I don't hear "Lyin' Trump" or the level of insults Trump throws around.

Cruz is doing fine and hopefully, Trump's supporters will see through the con-job before it's too late.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 01:02:57 PM »
Sure Ted Cruz made mistakes. His biggest "mistake" though is being honest and staying true to his conservative principles. Other then that "mistake" he could have said or avoid saying or rephrasing some of the statements. I think his campaign is staying on the positive message. I don't understand what supposedly "conservative" media personalities and some big so called libertarians and conservative donors have against him. I don't understand what Trump supporters that are conservative and libertarians find in Trump and why they hate Ted Cruz.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 05:06:25 PM »
Cruz has been speaking plainly so I question anyone that comes in and suggests he needs to start talking plainly when he started long ago.  Trump's mouth is his own worst enemy but I haven't heard Cruz say anything except to express his disagreement with Trump.  I don't hear "Lyin' Trump" or the level of insults Trump throws around.

Cruz is doing fine and hopefully, Trump's supporters will see through the con-job before it's too late.
Is Cruz doing fine?  He should be.  He has great qualifications for the job.
I don't care if you question my motives.  What do I care?  This is my opinion.
Again with Trump's....blah blah blah.  We all know what Donald Trump is.  People I talk to don't care.  And in my line of work I meet all races of people, all religions, all ages,  and people from all socioeconomic groups.  And they can't relate to Ted Cruz.  He needs to speak to them. 
It might be plain speak to you.  But to others he seems to be speaking at them or above them.
AGAIN, I would love Ted Cruz to be my president.  I am not comfortable with Trump and his history.  But if the campaign doesn't try to reach people in a different way. All will be lost.

In addition, most people have no idea who Cruz is.  They know how he tried to 'stop' congress from working for them ( as the media reported it).  They know Trump.  Cruz has a lot to offer.  But is being pigeon holed as Lyin Ted.    So, why waste time bashing Trump.  Tell us about Ted Cruz.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:23:16 PM by Poppy »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 05:42:21 PM »

Have mercy... I have a few questions myself... Like when is Cruz going to stop preaching and do some actual talking and bonding with the people who he expects should vote for him... I have watched both he and Trump and I have to say I clearly understand why Trump is doing so much better with the entire demographic of voters... At his functions Trump interacts with the people attending... He listens to what people are calling out to him and actually responds even if it's on a different subject than what he was speaking about... Trump has an actual open conversation of sorts with the people attending his functions... The fact that Trumps functions have had such large turnouts proves that he clearly has done a lot better bonding with the voters than Cruz has... The crowning glory for me was this latest deal between Cruz and the governor of Ohio :::D Sadly the deal between the two was dead before the ink was even dry however it shows what stupidity desperation can push people to... I was all for Cruz before he was even a serious candidate but sadly I have come to realize in the past few weeks  that the man is just not ready for prime time...  Honestly if Cruz is so dumb to actually believe that he has a chance of being installed at the convention I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I can sell him cheap... All Cruz may accomplish at this point is putting  Hillery Clinton in office come November... At a contested convention neither of the present candidates will be in the final picture and Republican voters will be so sick of the entire picture they just won't even bother voting.   
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Tony Rubolotta

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 05:54:30 PM »
What you are watching is a replay of the last days of the Weimar Republic when anger and rage ruled.  Trump is a great demagogue, egotist, elitist and manipulator of people.  He is the consummate insider that knows how to tap into popular anger and work a mob.  People are acting out of rage, justifiable but blinding, destructive and self-defeating.  We are watching a nation under judgment and nothing Cruz says is going to stop that.  If Cruz isn't crude enough, angry enough or crazy enough for you and you prefer the con-man, we will deserve what we get.  Of course, if Trump is the nominee, the media gloves will be off and all his theatrics will be carefully edited and he will be squashed like an insect.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 06:04:23 PM »
Have mercy... I have a few questions myself... Like when is Cruz going to stop preaching and do some actual talking and bonding with the people who he expects should vote for him... I have watched both he and Trump and I have to say I clearly understand why Trump is doing so much better with the entire demographic of voters... At his functions Trump interacts with the people attending... He listens to what people are calling out to him and actually responds even if it's on a different subject than what he was speaking about... Trump has an actual open conversation of sorts with the people attending his functions... The fact that Trumps functions have had such large turnouts proves that he clearly has done a lot better bonding with the voters than Cruz has... The crowning glory for me was this latest deal between Cruz and the governor of Ohio :::D Sadly the deal between the two was dead before the ink was even dry however it shows what stupidity desperation can push people to... I was all for Cruz before he was even a serious candidate but sadly I have come to realize in the past few weeks  that the man is just not ready for prime time...  Honestly if Cruz is so dumb to actually believe that he has a chance of being installed at the convention I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I can sell him cheap... All Cruz may accomplish at this point is putting  Hillery Clinton in office come November... At a contested convention neither of the present candidates will be in the final picture and Republican voters will be so sick of the entire picture they just won't even bother voting.   

Lol come on.  If this was all true what you claim about Cruz it would not be  the case that his "ground game" won him big victories in several states.  You just sound like a closet trump supporter with all your fawning over him

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 06:07:20 PM »
What you are watching is a replay of the last days of the Weimar Republic when anger and rage ruled.  Trump is a great demagogue, egotist, elitist and manipulator of people.  He is the consummate insider that knows how to tap into popular anger and work a mob.  People are acting out of rage, justifiable but blinding, destructive and self-defeating.  We are watching a nation under judgment and nothing Cruz says is going to stop that.  If Cruz isn't crude enough, angry enough or crazy enough for you and you prefer the con-man, we will deserve what we get.  Of course, if Trump is the nominee, the media gloves will be off and all his theatrics will be carefully edited and he will be squashed like an insect.
Oh please... You have had the last days for the past 7 years now... What is Trump going to do that can be any worse? People know what they are getting with Trump he is a known quantity... What I don't know is what Cruz has promised all the money people that have put in big towards his election and what in the world he is promising the delegates he is propagating for his second and third round votes at the convention... Have a look see at the Cruz election website and see if you can make heads or tails of just whats posted there... One thing for sure the donate button is quite prominent.

Offline Tony Rubolotta

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 06:09:32 PM »
All right.  It's easy to get sidetracked but let's take up the premise of this post title and show me how Trump is being bashed.  You mean calling him on things he says, that's bashing?  Calling him on his past, that's also bashing?  Pointing out he is a major contributor to liberal politicians, is that bashing too?  Reporting his stand on abortion, protectionist tariffs, his bragging about his sexual exploits and adultery, disposable wives, that's bashing?  Reciting his own ignorant words proving how little he knows or cares about the Constitution, also bashing is that?  Accepting his no detail nonsensical statements of TrumpCare as a alternative ObamaCare is bashing?  Noticing the whiner he is when he doesn't get his way, I suppose that is bashing?

Maybe someone should tell Trump to stop bashing himself.  Perhaps he should just shut up and yell "deportation" to regain control of himself?

Offline Tony Rubolotta

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 06:12:59 PM »
Lol come on.  If this was all true what you claim about Cruz it would not be  the case that his "ground game" won him big victories in several states.  You just sound like a closet trump supporter with all your fawning over him

I think you nailed that!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 06:16:33 PM »
Cruz has won a few but sadly not enough... The desperate measures he is resorting to with Mr. Ohio are not going to produce anything but a win for Hillery... It's not fawning it's just how things are shaping up.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 06:40:43 PM »
If you want a Kardashian type of prez then sure go with Trump, or with Clinton, either one is good for the ride. If you actually care about policy such as less government regulation, lower taxes, small business friendly economic environment, no amnesty for illegal aliens, no nuclear proliferation in the Middle East, I think Cruz is the man.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 07:03:34 PM »
Why would he be in the closet?
This is America.  You can vote any way you want.
Kahane -Was-Right BT, I want to know about Cruz.  I don't want to know about Trump anymore.  I know enough for one lifetime.  As do most of the people in this country.  And it doesn't seem to bother them in the least.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:58:55 PM by Poppy »

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 07:05:42 PM »
All right.  It's easy to get sidetracked but let's take up the premise of this post title and show me how Trump is being bashed.  You mean calling him on things he says, that's bashing?  Calling him on his past, that's also bashing?  Pointing out he is a major contributor to liberal politicians, is that bashing too?  Reporting his stand on abortion, protectionist tariffs, his bragging about his sexual exploits and adultery, disposable wives, that's bashing?  Reciting his own ignorant words proving how little he knows or cares about the Constitution, also bashing is that?  Accepting his no detail nonsensical statements of TrumpCare as a alternative ObamaCare is bashing?  Noticing the whiner he is when he doesn't get his way, I suppose that is bashing?

Maybe someone should tell Trump to stop bashing himself.  Perhaps he should just shut up and yell "deportation" to regain control of himself?
It's one negative Trump video after the other.
How about some positive Cruz videos.
That's my point.

I 'misspoke'.  The title should read.  We need more pro Cruz videos.  Less anti Trump.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:39:36 PM by Poppy »

Offline Tony Rubolotta

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 08:12:31 PM »
It's one negative Trump video after the other.
How about some positive Cruz videos.
That's my point.

I 'misspoke'.  The title should read.  We need more pro Cruz videos.  Less anti Trump.

I'll go along with part of that but there are plenty of pro-Cruz videos explaining how he thinks government must be controlled, reigned, downsized and returned to the rule of Constitutional law.  Of course, you have find those videos, they don't come to you but they are not that hard to find.  I may even agree JTF is heavy on anti-Trump posts and videos but why not if Trump is the biggest threat to everything you love.  As I posted on another site, I don't vote for anyone who thinks murdering babies is all right.  That cost Trump my vote and the "lesser of two evils" argument doesn't play well in heaven.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 10:29:15 AM »
I work super hard to give a balanced mix on the site. I look harder for Cruz articles than I do Trump.

Still, I think it's important for people to know both things.

They should know why Cruz is good. But also, they should be aware of the evil or corrupt things that Trump, Berny, Hillary, Obama, etc. all do because it effects us - or could effect us if we don't know any better. Not everyone can keep on top of politics and news like we can.

We are required to fight for what is good using anything we can.

Part of the problem is that most of the Cruz articles that explain everything are long and boring to many readers (but super important)...

And the non-stop-shocking celebrity Trump circus is much more entertaining to most and much easier to remember. It also brings in more traffic and revenue for a lot of news sites because people are attracted to drama and gossip.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 10:49:15 AM »
Shlomo, I truly, realize how hard you work in this effort.
In no way did I mean to imply you don't or that your efforts are not worthwhile.
And...I wasn't directing the thread specifically at JTF.  I think the Cruz campaign needs to get Ted out there.
I am just tired of hearing about Donald Trump.
Sensible people, and one of the most religious women I know (who is in her 80s), shrug off most things that offend me about Donald Trump.  Things that only a few years ago would have offended most people.
So, sensibilities have changed.
And yes...I know 'covering' Cruz can be boring.  And Trump is definitely more entertaining.  Attention getting.
Still, every knock to Trump is a boost...it seems. It just gives him more coverage.  And who is offended by him? 

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 01:36:51 PM »
Right. Like it or not, we're stuck with Ringling Bros. Trump.
I'll try to put it in perspective.  Trump is less annoying than Hillary Sodom. There. That about covers the  differences.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 10:09:44 PM »
A video explaining why Cruz's conservative values are good for America would be useful.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge