Author Topic: News, about me and the Karatie Judaism (or cult...)  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
News, about me and the Karatie Judaism (or cult...)
« on: September 04, 2007, 12:07:41 PM »
After reading judeanoncapta's post about the Karatie way, I started to think again about this whole thing of the Karaties and their idea .
And, someone on Israeli Karatie forum allways send me privet messeges about their idea and the history (" ") they show, and he actually convinced me in 85% precent (+ judeanoncapta's post) that they are wrong ...

BUT, they are JEWS, there is no such thing "One Judaism", there are A LOT of ways in Judaism, so how can you say that there is only one way of Judaism, besides, Chazal said themselves (-free style translation): "There are 70 faces of the Torah" (there are many ways of veiw about the Torah) .

Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
Re: News, about me and the Karatie Judaism (or cult...)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 12:30:03 PM »
Dexter,

I agree with you 1000%
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 03:09:04 PM »
After reading judeanoncapta's post about the Karatie way, I started to think again about this whole thing of the Karaties and their idea .
And, someone on Israeli Karatie forum allways send me privet messeges about their idea and the history (" ") they show, and he actually convinced me in 85% precent (+ judeanoncapta's post) that they are wrong ...

BUT, they are JEWS, there is no such thing "One Judaism", there are A LOT of ways in Judaism, so how can you say that there is only one way of Judaism, besides, Chazal said themselves (-free style translation): "There are 70 faces of the Torah" (there are many ways of veiw about the Torah) .

Dexter, I am so glad that my post had something to do with you realizing that Karaitism is NOT the Original Judaism and that the idea of relying on the Sages of Israel to Interpret the Torah is firmly rooted in the Torah itself.

You made my day.  I feel like I've done some good for Am Yisrael. Thanks, Ohad.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 07:38:19 AM »
It isn't the Original Judaism, but our Judaism isn't the Original one either....because we have changed some things (exemple : instead wearing tphilin the whole day like it was meant to be, we wear it only for pray once a day..)
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 07:40:34 AM »
I know people who do wear tefilin all day long

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 07:42:15 AM »
I know people who do wear tefilin all day long
Maybe, but even the rabbie kahane didn't wore it all day....and all great rabbies didn't wear it all day either .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 07:45:39 AM »
Yeah, but I'm sure we will slowly go back to that. It may take a while, but it will happen.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 07:47:55 AM »
I'm not so sure...  :-X

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »
Dexter, the difference is we recognize that originally we wore Tefillin all day and we intend to some day restore that, so while in certain specific areas we may not be following the original tradition we still have the original tradition and do plan on restoring it, the Kairites have no such claim or plans.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban