Author Topic: Is it acceptable to question G-d about issues ? ( WITH RESPECT ! )  (Read 1727 times)

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
Is it acceptable to question G-d about issues ? ( WITH RESPECT ! )
« on: September 04, 2007, 07:56:26 PM »
As in "G-d what are you doing ! , why do You allow this / these things too happen? "   
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Is it acceptable to question G-d about issues ? ( WITH RESPECT ! )
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 08:00:20 PM »
God is God, we will never fully understand Him and therefore to question directly does not acheive anything. God knows and sees that which not only is not visible to us but incomprehensible but our aim in life is to get closer to God, so you can think logically and try to figure out answers but not disrespectfully.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 08:03:31 PM »
Is it ok to be angry with G-d ? I'm not speaking of Blaspheming G-d , but is anger ok ?

newman

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 08:04:42 PM »
I'm sure I read that arguing or stuggling with G_d is part of Jewish tradition.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 08:15:58 PM »
WHO COULD ANSWER SUCH A QUESTION...

G-d is infinitely devine and never makes mistakes.. although in the past when the jews have been attacked by the Romans and other groups...  G-d didn't save a lot of the rightous jews..

WHAT ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST.... 1.5 million jewish children....??

Yes it is ok to question some of the things that G-d could of and probably should of saved the people who has an eternal covenant with

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 08:23:38 PM »
There are passages showing prophet's questioning G-d and even expressing anger in the case of Jeremiah.

Rabbi Kahane said something about the anger of Jeremiah. I will post it very soon.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 08:33:39 PM »
To be honest...Gd is too big to really care that much if we thank Him or pray to Him.  I believe that by good to others and thanking Gd simply makes us better people and appreciate what we have in our current lives...That's really the whole point give or take.

To me, it's pointless to be angry at Gd...He doesn't give a crap how you feel.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 08:36:48 PM »
G-d is ALWAYS right.

But we can ask why certain things happen in order to better understand what WE should be doing. For instance, what can WE do to prevent the terrible tragedies that occur in life?

G-d is ALWAYS merciful. We have to remember horrific events like the Holocaust within the context of our belief that in the next world there is eternal life. If there is truly eternal life in a magnificent world to come, then even the most terrible events in this world will be seen in the proper context. Not that these events are not terrible, they are terrible, but in the end we must believe that everything which G-d does is for the good.

Our role in this world is to serve G-d so that He will have a reason not to allow such horrific events. All bad things that happen are designed to correct us and teach us a lesson. It is true that sometimes the correction and the lesson are very harsh. But everything must be viewed within the context of G-d's total plan for all of us collectively and individually.

Sarah, we must never be angry with the Creator, G-d forbid. All of His actions are carried out because of His love and idealism. We may not understand some of His actions, but He always has a justifiable reason for what He does.

G-d gives us the power to prevent suffering and tragedy if only we turn to Him and follow His commandments. Of course, we as individuals may not be able to prevent all tragic events if most of the rest of the people in our generation are engaged in evil. But we are required to try.

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 08:40:22 PM »
It would be very difficult to believe in a divine being, and simultaneously question that divine being.  I believe people do debate in the Tanach.  I believe one even wins, when it comes to asking how many "good people" are needed within a town for the entire town not to be destroyed.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 08:50:04 PM »
Ok, here is the audio.

Only the first few minutes are pertinent to the issue at hand but once he got started it was hard to know when to cut him off.

hilton1.mp3 - 0.89MB

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 09:34:12 PM »
judeanoncapta ,

As a Christian, this audio makes me weep. Openly. And I shall listen too it again, and again, and again.
G-d bless you and your family.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 10:09:15 PM »
That's why I picked it, mosquewatch. It made me weep as well.

His unheeding warnings remind me so much of Jeremiah in many ways. And his death reminds me of Isaiah. He was so much like a prophet, we weren't able to understand what he was doing. We haven't had a prophet for so long. I don't beleive that he actually was one, in the sense of receiving messages directly from G-d. But he was a prophet in the sense that he was able to see the future very accurately. He warned us before the first Intifada as to what the Arabs were about to do. So many of the things he said ring so true. It is hard to watch the old videos of him in the 80's trying to tell people what was going to happen and the people jeering and talking about peace with the Arabs. And how it is only people like Rabbi Kahane who are stopping peace from being acheived.

Well, they got their wish.

He's gone and Where's the Peace?

But that particular audio was so striking because when you read over Jeremiah and try to imagine it actually happening in real time and you see some serious paralells between the two.

Anyway, if you think Chaim is a rousing speaker, you have to hear old Rabbi Kahane tapes. He was beyond beleif

Anyways, it is a small audio from a larger speech.

Here are the links if you want to hear the whole speech. It was a speech made right after Rabbi Kahane's party was banned. You can skip through the guy introducing him. It is a little boring.