Author Topic: Iranian Jews Blast Offer of Cash for Immigration to Israel  (Read 1882 times)

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
Iranian Jews Blast Offer of Cash for Immigration to Israel
« on: September 09, 2007, 11:33:46 AM »
http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79875&start=0 (original source not given)
Iranian Jews blast offer of cash for immigrating to Israel
By Yossi Melman, Haaretz Correspondent

An Iranian Jewish organization announced over the weekend that it rejected an initiative to compel Iran's Jewish community to immigrate to Israel using cash incentives.

"The money is inappropriate and politically immature," the group said in a statement that was carried by Western and Iranian news outlets.

It added Iran's Jewish community has remained loyal to the Islamic Republic and that their "Jewish Iranian identity is not a commodity that passes from the hands of one merchant to another in return for money."

The statment addressed an offer by expatriate Iranian Jews offering a sum of $10,000 to each individual to immigrate to Israel.

The $10,000 offer doubled the existing $5,000 allocated each Jewish Iranian upon arrival to Israel by the Ministry of Absorption and the Jewish Agency.

Iran's Jewish community has decreased from 80,000 before the Islamic revolution, to about 20,000 today.

It is represented in parliament by a Jewish lawmaker and is the largest Jewish community in the Middle East outside of Israel.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: Iranian Jews Blast Offer of Cash for Immigration to Israel
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 12:01:40 AM »
The reason why they don't want to leave I think is because they own a ton of property and assets in Iran and they don't let them take it out.  My friend emigrated from Iran and he said that his family was very rich there and when they moved to the US they were poor.  They really should get out though as they are living in a furnace. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 12:04:22 AM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

newman

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 12:10:06 AM »
Assets will mean nothing when Iran is a smoking ruin or muslims are cutting their throats. They're insane!

Offline decimos

• Senior JTFer
    • wowheed
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 05:31:25 PM »
Seems crazy they want to stay there.I would of thought they would love to go Home Israel. ???
And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken perversion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of bondage, to draw thee aside out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee.Deuteronomy 13:5.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 06:34:30 PM »
they should go home to israel..
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,