• Pro JTFer
Erica
« on: September 09, 2007, 05:46:47 PM »
 ;D LOL just reading some of the posts "she" makes in the threads... LOL

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
Re: Erica
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 05:47:32 PM »
I'm sorry but if she can't respect our points of view then we won't give her respect, this is after all the JTF forum

Erica

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 05:48:33 PM »
I'm sorry but if she can't respect our points of view then we won't give her respect, this is after all the JTF forum
That only means one thing to me. "Here at JTF, no one's opinion matters unless its our own."

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 05:49:44 PM »
That only means one thing to me. "Here at JTF, no one's opinion matters unless its our own."

EARN our respect. It is not a right for you here to be respected.

Erica

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 05:52:06 PM »

EARN our respect. It is not a right for you here to be respected.
To give respect you have to earn it just like everyone else in the world, Nic. You don't respect me because I'm not holding the exact same opinions YOU do. What you don't understand is that I dont' have to agree with you, and you don't have to agree with me.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 05:54:21 PM »
I would respect you if you showed the respect to our opinions. I have to say that until recently I did not mind you coming on the forum, i respected you, i felt you were being treated too harshly.

Then you didn't listen to peoples' views.

Erica

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 05:59:57 PM »
I would respect you if you showed the respect to our opinions. I have to say that until recently I did not mind you coming on the forum, i respected you, i felt you were being treated too harshly.

Then you didn't listen to peoples' views.
Would you listen to other peoples' views if ever post said... you white people are animals? Tell your tribe mates to .....? You whites THIS and you whites THAT.... I dont' do that to you. That's how I show respect to you. I dont' come in here with half-assed opinions about white people. If I'd dove in head-first saying things like "MOST white people are racists" you'd say exactly what I said in defense of those who aren't racists.

I can read opinions here all day long. I don't agree with jeffguy on every single thing but I respect him (and Daniel) a hell of a lot more than I respect anyone else here. You think its okay to call me Affirmative Action... I dont' know why Yacov does it, but you think that's respecting me. Its not.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 06:01:44 PM »
Ok, fair play, that single post has made my respect for you increase by 1%

Erica

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 06:03:51 PM »
Ok, fair play, that single post has made my respect for you increase by 1%
I am not here for respect, Nic. I'm not here to be liked. I'm not here to be lauded over like some lost puppy. I'm here for adult interaction and conversation about different subjects. Whether you respect me 1% or 2000% isn't a concern of mine.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 06:04:33 PM »
Surely adult conversation has respect as a prerequisite

Erica

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 06:07:52 PM »
Surely adult conversation has respect as a prerequisite
And I gather the prerequisite would be for the other person to ACT like an adult instead of pulling 'Ebonics chatter' out of their repertoire; acting like junior high schoolers.

newman

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 07:43:53 PM »
Erica needs to read this (and a few other things) in order to have adult arguments.

Installment 1/:

By Ze'ev Jabotinsky........

ON GENERLISING AND ACCUSATIONS OF RACISM:

I would say it's very level headed to look at reality backed up with mountains of evidence and then drawing conclusions based on that. What is Newman or I saying that is so racist that has no basis in reality? You're taking both of our statements and wildly taking them out of proportion like Newman and I are saying that every black person is this way or that way. When newman talks about ghettos with majority blacks, he correctly calls them hell-holes and correctly points out that they are infested with criminals. Why is this a racist thing to say? Why is it level headed to deny reality?

When we say that blacks are a criminal society, we don't need to show that 100% of blacks are criminals, we just need to show that there is a severe criminal problem that is more pronounced among blacks than anyone else. If that is 30% of the population, 40% of the population, so be it, the exact numbers are inconsequential.

When we say that blacks are a society that produces illegitimate children, we don't need to show that 100% of blacks do this, again, we just need to show that it is a problem among blacks more than it is among anyone else, and that it is a particularly black problem, which it is. The severity of these things are unique to black communities, so it is fair game to point them out in generalized fashions.

It's just that whenever you see one of these broad and vague statements, you instantly go into black reactionary mode, immediately believing that we mean every single black person. Your common defense of how you are different than what we say is an example of this.

Whenever there is a feature of the black community that is 1) disproportionate to blacks 2) recognized as a "black problem" 3) that's pervasiveness is unique to the black community, I'm going to recognize that as a component of the black community. Of course it doesn't have to even be a problem with the majority of people.

When we point out anti-Semitism among Polish people for example, we don't need to prove that every single Polish person is an anti-Semite, we just need to point to the uniqueness of the problem to Poland, the pervasiveness of the problem, and the degree of the problem.

These are the modes that these sort of things are discussed in and indeed when speaking of general habits of cultures and religions, this sort of thinking is commonly used all the time. Why should it not be used in reference to blacks?
 We don't say that the action of one person constitutes the action of an entire people. This is the frame of thinking that you use in your example. THe fact that you actually believe that we think that way is sort of ridiculous, I'm actually surprised at it. Let me make our position clearer, obviously you're making an example of us that is grossly exaggerated. We think that when we find many many many many examples of something, which is backed up with empirical evidence, we can legitimately claim that as an issue which has a pervasiveness that is unique in severity and degree to that community. This is how the entire world thinks of ideas and concepts and it is not a new concept to me and newman by any means.

Erica

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 07:59:18 PM »
Erica needs to read this (and a few other things) in order to have adult arguments.

Installment 1/:

By Ze'ev Jabotinsky........

ON GENERLISING AND ACCUSATIONS OF RACISM:

I would say it's very level headed to look at reality backed up with mountains of evidence and then drawing conclusions based on that. What is Newman or I saying that is so racist that has no basis in reality? You're taking both of our statements and wildly taking them out of proportion like Newman and I are saying that every black person is this way or that way. When newman talks about ghettos with majority blacks, he correctly calls them hell-holes and correctly points out that they are infested with criminals. Why is this a racist thing to say? Why is it level headed to deny reality?

When we say that blacks are a criminal society, we don't need to show that 100% of blacks are criminals, we just need to show that there is a severe criminal problem that is more pronounced among blacks than anyone else. If that is 30% of the population, 40% of the population, so be it, the exact numbers are inconsequential.

When we say that blacks are a society that produces illegitimate children, we don't need to show that 100% of blacks do this, again, we just need to show that it is a problem among blacks more than it is among anyone else, and that it is a particularly black problem, which it is. The severity of these things are unique to black communities, so it is fair game to point them out in generalized fashions.

It's just that whenever you see one of these broad and vague statements, you instantly go into black reactionary mode, immediately believing that we mean every single black person. Your common defense of how you are different than what we say is an example of this.

Whenever there is a feature of the black community that is 1) disproportionate to blacks 2) recognized as a "black problem" 3) that's pervasiveness is unique to the black community, I'm going to recognize that as a component of the black community. Of course it doesn't have to even be a problem with the majority of people.

When we point out anti-Semitism among Polish people for example, we don't need to prove that every single Polish person is an anti-Semite, we just need to point to the uniqueness of the problem to Poland, the pervasiveness of the problem, and the degree of the problem.

These are the modes that these sort of things are discussed in and indeed when speaking of general habits of cultures and religions, this sort of thinking is commonly used all the time. Why should it not be used in reference to blacks?
 We don't say that the action of one person constitutes the action of an entire people. This is the frame of thinking that you use in your example. THe fact that you actually believe that we think that way is sort of ridiculous, I'm actually surprised at it. Let me make our position clearer, obviously you're making an example of us that is grossly exaggerated. We think that when we find many many many many examples of something, which is backed up with empirical evidence, we can legitimately claim that as an issue which has a pervasiveness that is unique in severity and degree to that community. This is how the entire world thinks of ideas and concepts and it is not a new concept to me and newman by any means.

I read that. But if I said WHITES are like this or like that,  you'd automatically assume that I was including you because I didn't specify Most whites or some whites. Its logical for people to read into "THIS race does this" as generalization.

newman

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 08:01:49 PM »
I read that. But if I said WHITES are like this or like that,  you'd automatically assume that I was including you because I didn't specify Most whites or some whites. Its logical for people to read into "THIS race does this" as generalization.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE STILL NOT GETTING IT!!!!

Erica

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 08:04:17 PM »

I understand that you're saying that when you say "Blacks ..." it dosen't mean all blacks. My problem is with the wording.

newman

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 08:14:22 PM »

I understand that you're saying that when you say "Blacks ..." it dosen't mean all blacks. My problem is with the wording.

NO!!!!!!!

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!

"BLACKS" doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!!! It means the collective group as a whole!!!!!!!!!

Saying "Americans love their football" DOESN'T mean ALL 300 million Americans!!!! It means AS A WHOLE!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erica

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 08:17:57 PM »

NO!!!!!!!

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!

"BLACKS" doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!!! It means the collective group as a whole!!!!!!!!!

Saying "Americans love their football" DOESN'T mean ALL 300 million Americans!!!! It means AS A WHOLE!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why not be more specific,newman? Saying 'evil blacks' narrows the field down a lot. When you say 'just blacks", you include EVERY black. Do you understand me?

newman

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 08:21:05 PM »
Do you understand me?

I'm not the one with the "understanding" deficiency here!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Erica

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 08:24:35 PM »
Do you understand me?

I want to understand you, I do but you're making it just as hard.

When you say "Blacks" you mean blacks as a whole but not ALL blacks?

newman

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 08:34:54 PM »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BARUCH HASHEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'VE GOT IT, MY LTTLE DUSKY PRINCESS!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »
Do you understand me?

Yes, of course.  Just like when people say Italians love soccer, Palestinians are supporters of terrorism, Chinese are industrious, Americans love football.  I'm SURE you've heard people say these sorts of statements all the time and you've interpreted that as being a general statement, obviously not including every single person.  So why does this commonly accepted way of speaking instantly change when it's in reference to black people?  I mean, this is a common way of speaking about things that everyone in the world uses.  I'm sure you make these sorts of statements on a daily basis. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 08:37:05 PM »

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe, now newman can finally take the straightjacket off... at least for a little while. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Erica

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 08:50:31 PM »

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Newman, and Ze'ev. Do you have any idea how crazy that sounds? WHOLE is the same as ALL. i.e., the WHOLE building was engulfed by flames... OH, screw it...

I'm just going to dedicate a thread to the WHOLE white race.  The next thread will be called, "White people are Stupid..." ...

Joe Schmo

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 09:19:22 PM »

I'm just going to dedicate a thread to the WHOLE white race.  The next thread will be called, "White people are Stupid..." ...

Call it, 'white men can't jump.'  As I recall, there was a movie with that title.

In fact, there's a great deal of truth to the phrase, 'white men can't jump.'  Its like saying, 'black men can't think.'  There may be exceptions, but on average it is true.

Blacks jump better than whites, whites think better than blacks.

newman

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 09:26:07 PM »

Call it, 'white men can't jump.'  As I recall, there was a movie with that title.

In fact, there's a great deal of truth to the phrase, 'white men can't jump.'  Its like saying, 'black men can't think.'  There may be exceptions, but on average it is true.

Blacks jump better than whites, whites think better than blacks.

I'll post an Erica response on her behalf......

" But I can think and I know whites who can jump, so you can't say that"

The point will be lost, I'll guarantee it.