Author Topic: Democrats in their own words  (Read 2347 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Democrats in their own words
« on: September 11, 2007, 09:39:03 AM »
They were for the Iraq War before they were against it:

"It is the duty of any president, in the final analysis, to defend this nation and dispel the security threat.  Saddam Hussein has brought military action upon himself by refusing for 12 years to comply with the mandates of the United Nations.  The brave and capable men and women of our armed forces and those who are with us will quickly, I know, remove him once and for all as a threat to his neighbors, to the world, and to his own people, and I support their doing so." 

Senator John Kerry (Democrat, Massachusetts)
   Statement on eve of military strikes against Iraq
   March 17, 2003
   http://www.tnr.com/doc.mhtml?i=20030331&s=lizza033103
   [Link Directly To This Entry]

http://www.freedomagenda.com/iraq/wmd_quotes.html

It was a bi-partisan failure.  For them to blame it all on the GOP is wrong since Democrats had been saying all that stuff for years.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Democrats in their own words
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 11:14:05 AM »
Kerry's statement calls for Sadam's removal.

Nowhere does it call for a post-removal military occupation of Iraq lasting longer than America's involvement in WWII, and at a cost of blood and treasure sure to both bankrupt the U.S.A., and also render us incapable of military intervention elsewhere in the world.

Therefore, I must assume that RationalThought110 is in 100% agreement with Senator Kerry's position prior to "Operation Shock and Awe".

Otherwise, your attempt at smearing the Dems falls short of the mark with this post.

After all is said and done, Iraq will remain the same filthy, backwards, sewer full of maniacal Muslims.  However, it will probably be part of "The Greater Iranian Empire".

And for this, Americans can blame only themselves for their support of the Bush Regime's unsurpassed stupidity.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 11:43:02 AM »
Kerry's statement calls for Sadam's removal.

Nowhere does it call for a post-removal military occupation of Iraq lasting longer than America's involvement in WWII, and at a cost of blood and treasure sure to both bankrupt the U.S.A., and also render us incapable of military intervention elsewhere in the world.

Therefore, I must assume that RationalThought110 is in 100% agreement with Senator Kerry's position prior to "Operation Shock and Awe".

Otherwise, your attempt at smearing the Dems falls short of the mark with this post.

After all is said and done, Iraq will remain the same filthy, backwards, sewer full of maniacal Muslims.  However, it will probably be part of "The Greater Iranian Empire".

And for this, Americans can blame only themselves for their support of the Bush Regime's unsurpassed stupidity.

I think you sort of missed what those statements by those politicians represent.   Most of them have been claiming that they were against the Iraq War; it was very bi-partisan though. 

What do you mean about Kerry's position before "Operation Shock and awe"?

The time length of the war is not what this thread is about.  If you want to discuss that, well, I don't think any of the politicians connected with CFR want to end it because they probably want troops there so that contractors could continue to build embassies.  Why are they building embassies?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 05:09:17 PM »
Re:  "...I don't think any of the politicians connected with CFR want to end it because they probably want troops there so that contractors could continue to build embassies.  Why are they building embassies?..."

It appears to me that the U.S. has no intention of ever leaving Iraq.

Not only an embassy are we building, but several permanent military bases.

The scenario as it appears to me:
1.  Oil supplies now uncertain and subject to new competition.
2.  Therefore, occupy Iraq...talk any which way out of all sides of your mouth...but never leave.
3.  Result:  Oil in possession of U.S. due to military occupation, + Iran, Saudi Arabia, and their oil within close military range for takeover and control, + Afghanistan also on the border (opium crop sold under the table to make up huge costs to U.S. for occupation, etc.)
4.  Also block China, EU, & RF from being first to occupy and seize the oil-rich Middle East.
5.  Not to mention complete distraction of the American public from the Bush subterfuge plan of dissolving the U.S. & making a new "North American Union" with Mexico & Canada!....just in case you haven't noticed, Britney + Paris Hilton + non-stop divisions over the Iraq War result in public too stupid to pay attention to "The Big Picture".

Most likely results of all the above:
-Bankruptcy of the U.S.A.
-U.S. will eventually be considered fascist occupiers by its competitors, and they will threaten to attack us if we don't leave.