Author Topic: U.S. flag barred from a high school on 9/11  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
U.S. flag barred from a high school on 9/11
« on: September 12, 2007, 01:39:57 PM »
SAMPSON COUNTY, N.C.; On the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, students at one high school were not allowed to wear clothes with an American flag.

Under a new school rule, students at Hobbton High School are not allowed to wear items with flags, from any country, including the United States.
The new rule stems from a controversy over students wearing shirts bearing flags of other countries.
Gayle Langston said her daughter, Jessica, was told to remove her Stars and Stripes t-shirt.

"Today she wanted to wear her shirt, and I had to tell her no, said Langston. She didn't like it at all because I knew it would get her in trouble. Of all days, 9/11, she could not wear her American Flag shirt."

The superintendent of schools in Sampson County calls the situation unfortunate, but says educators didn't want to be forced to pick and choose which flags should be permissible.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20732966/

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
Re: U.S. flag barred from a high school on 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 03:41:05 AM »
What is the reason behind this? I'm happy that the other flags were on display, but the US flag? Disgusting. This is just another example of how anti-Americans are trying to turn this nation into a nation of anti-Americans. Is the principle an American, himself?

On the subject of displaying flags: Flying and wearing flags representing other countries in the US is anti-American. You're showing that America isn't good enough for you, so you rather fly your own flag instead. This goes for any country. When I see a black wearing a Jamaican flag jacket, I want to see this miserable individual be removed from this country. If you have your country's flag hanging up IN your home, that's fine and I fully support that. But once it leaves the house, then it becomes a problem. A ban wouldn't be fair, but I'm just talking about common sense, which this nation has been lacking for many decades.

People just don't have good taste any more. They don't seem to recognize a stupid concept when they see one, no matter how outright stupid it may be. We're a stupid bunch, too stupid to realize what the intelligible people have given us.

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 03:51:30 AM »
That is pathetic, they probably allow people to wear Islamic gear on their face too...

newman

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 08:33:31 AM »
People have got to get more political at a grass roots level and vote these idiotic school commissioners out!