Author Topic: N.Y. times Gives discount to Moveon.org  (Read 1100 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
N.Y. times Gives discount to Moveon.org
« on: September 13, 2007, 07:25:34 AM »

TIMES GIVES LEFTIES A HEFTY DISCOUNT FOR 'BETRAY US' AD
By CHARLES HURT Bureau Chief
 MARKED DOWN:Sen. John Cornyn, at a Senate hearing on Tuesday, holds up an ad in The New York Times slamming Gen. David Petraeus. MoveOn.org got more than half off the regular price for the ad.September 13, 2007 -- WASHINGTON - The New York Times dramatically slashed its normal rates for a full-page advertisement for MoveOn.org's ad questioning the integrity of Gen. David Petraeus, the commander of U.S. forces in Iraq.

Headlined "Cooking the Books for the White House," the ad which ran in Monday's Times says Petraeus is "a military man constantly at war with the facts" and concluded - even before he testified before Congress - that "General Petraeus is likely to become General Betray Us."

According to Abbe Serphos, director of public relations for the Times, "the open rate for an ad of that size and type is $181,692."

A spokesman for MoveOn.org confirmed to The Post that the liberal activist group had paid only $65,000 for the ad - a reduction of more than $116,000 from the stated rate.

A Post reporter who called the Times advertising department yesterday without identifying himself was quoted a price of $167,000 for a full-page black-and-white ad on a Monday.

Serphos declined to confirm the price and refused to offer any inkling for why the paper would give MoveOn.org such a discounted price.

Citing the shared liberal bent of the group and the Times, one Republican aide on Capitol Hill speculated that it was the "family discount."

"I'm surprised they had to pay anything at all for the ad," the GOP staffer said. "They could have just asked the editorial page to run it and it wouldn't have cost them a cent."
[/quote

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09132007/news/nationalnews/times_gives_lefties_a_hefty_di.htm
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 07:28:12 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Re: N.Y. times Gives discount to Moveon.org
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 07:57:30 AM »
No surprize really. I was reading an article about the Ford Foundation funding the illegal invasion and groups like Larassa.  We are witnessing the fall of Rome my friend.
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 08:42:56 AM »
No surprize really. I was reading an article about the Ford Foundation funding the illegal invasion and groups like Larassa.  We are witnessing the fall of Rome my friend.
YES SO IT APPEARS
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 09:37:46 AM »
Well looking on the bright side and also to follow the logic of Hillel the elder.  We have survived as a people the fall of many nations and empires.  We will out live this one too.  May redemption come in our life time....
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 10:22:18 AM »
Definition of N.Y. discount:

Give me a dollar, and I'll show you a damn good dime.