Author Topic: Smoking is good for the Nation's budget.  (Read 1826 times)

newman

Smoking is good for the Nation's budget.
« on: September 13, 2007, 08:14:02 PM »
"Still, the federal government, along with several states, now sues tobacco manufacturers to "recoup" costs spent on health care. Never mind that many economists argue that because smokers die sooner than they otherwise would, the taxpayer actually saves money otherwise spent on Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. W. Kip Viscusi, a Duke University economist, calculated the societal costs of smoking (medical care, sick leave, life insurance, fire, secondhand smoke, lost taxes on earnings) against societal benefits (nursing home savings, pension, and Social Security saving, excise tax paid). The net result? We gain 58 cents on every pack of cigarettes smoked." ..........

From Larry Elder's The Ten Things You Can't Say In America...

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: Smoking is good for the Nation's budget.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 09:15:03 AM »
That's true; that why i quit smoking; The EU is paying subsides to tabbaco farmers... what a hipocrites LOL! ::)
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 09:50:17 AM »
I've never smoked in my life. I like my beer though.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 01:13:57 AM »
I've never smoked either and also enjoy Beer.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 05:20:10 PM »
I only smoke Hookah (The only good Muslim Invention). Beer is good also I may have some Whisky or Vodka on Shabat but on the weekdays I don't drink much.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 05:39:29 PM »
Great excuse to start smoking again!...that and the fact that liberals hate smokers unless they are smoking marijuana.
I don't mind people smoking if it's good for the state, it's good for me   :P
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 05:44:25 PM »
not if you are the one breathing it but is up everyone to avoid it and not to impose our views on them.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 05:53:04 PM »
not if you are the one breathing it but is up everyone to avoid it and not to impose our views on them.
In Belgium finally smoking is banned in restaurants.
God, i miss those blue clouds of the people from the other tables smoking cigarettes, while I was still eating!!
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 07:33:20 PM »
I only smoke Hookah (The only good Muslim Invention). Beer is good also I may have some Whisky or Vodka on Shabat but on the weekdays I don't drink much.

Wasn't hooka really an Indian invention?

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 05:12:51 PM »

I think so. Although muSSlims love smokkking it.. lol. ;D

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 08:03:13 PM »

I think so. Although muSSlims love smokkking it.. lol. ;D
they call it argileh. I smoked it a couple of times. good taste.

I like single malt whiskey (if not too heavy taste) , Cognac.
Wodka I don't like a lot, 1 -2 glasses maximum.

Offline ramen

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 07:39:01 PM »
i neither smoke nor drink. it a waste of money and ventually u gna kill ure self. btw is alocohol allowed in jewism. We went to a synogogue and teh priest saidit aint but many people confrom to the west.