Author Topic: The I.D.F. currently can not be trusted to fully tolerate Tzniut Observant Jews  (Read 590 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Unlike the USA , Israel has a mandatory draft, unless you are an Arab and then you are exempt.
Some but not all yeshiva students can get a draft deferment (if they commit themselves to learn full time and not work) but aren't really exempt.

The Hebrew Bsheva newspaper, page 24
http://en.calameo.com/read/001660802647424cd750e
reports that very religious soldiers are being forced to serve together in mixed army units of men and women and are being denied transfer to other sections of the army that would fit their religious needs better. The article said at least one soldier was forced to shave his beard against his religious beliefs.

It is true that Rabbi Meir Kahane did serve in the Israeli army, but Israel was much different in his time than now and it is not clear to me what he would advise Jews to do under the current situation. Would he said go to the army but be prepared to continually disobey orders that are against Jewish values and face the punishment or would he advise not to go at all?

One should be aware also that the text of the oath or pledge of allegiance that the army demands of its soldiers is against Judaism, because it says the laws of the state and the army supercede obedience to Jewish morality and halacha. They use different wording to say this idea but this is what the oath or pledge of allegiance means.
When Rabbi Kahane had to make a similar type of pledge to get into Israeli Knesset {Parliament} (in an attempt to takeover the country through politics) he tried to give a commitment without taking  an actual oath that had a double meaning.
He had in mind when he made the statements towards the meaning which did violate Jewish Morality & Halacha.

I myself, personally advise Jews who are able to find some loophole to get out of the army service to get out..

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
New anti-religious decree from the I.D.F. which again I remind everyone has a mandatory draft.
Religious soldiers will now be obligated to participate as a general rule in army ceremonies with women singers.
Included in these ceremony events is the events used to honor Yitzchak Rabin during Yitzchak Rabin Memorial Day. Yitzchak Rabin for those who don't know is the man most responsible for the massive Terror wave that struck Israel, because of the various Intifadas and Oslo surrender accords.
Here is the Hebrew article for those who read Hebrew
http://www.srugim.co.il/161723-%D7%97%D7%99%D7%99%D7%9C%D7%99%D7%9D-%D7%93%D7%AA%D7%99%D7%99%D7%9D-%D7%9C%D7%90-%D7%99%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%A9%D7%95-%D7%9C%D7%A6%D7%90%D7%AA-%D7%91%D7%98%D7%A7%D7%A1%D7%99%D7%9D-%D7%91%D7%92%D7%9C%D7%9C

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Here's a little about the subject from an English article

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/218282
However, officers will not be able to request similar dispensations such as leaving ceremonies in which women are singing, as they are deemed to have larger responsibilities of representing the state and the army, and thus cannot benefit from special dispensations.
Deans of hesder yeshivas had complained bitterly about changes for the worse in the IDF's behavior towards religious scruples of soldiers, including forcing them to listen to women singing, serving in mixed units and shaving beards.

Offline Nevski

• Pro JTFer
  • Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
People in the West think: It's Israeli's against the Arabs. Many people forget how many bad things the Israeli police, IDF etc is doing against the people of Israel.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:26:09 AM by Nevski »
A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. - Ecclesiastes 3:8