Author Topic: Shimon Peres Celebrates Rosh Hashanah with Madonna  (Read 3521 times)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Shimon Peres Celebrates Rosh Hashanah with Madonna
« on: September 16, 2007, 12:02:22 AM »
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1189411406684&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

If anyone doubted Madonna's transformation in recent years from a pop-star "Material Girl" to a Kabbala-inspired spiritual woman, the singer proved this weekend that her born-again attachment to Jewish culture and Israel is no passing fancy.

Madonna and her husband Guy Ritchie with President Shimon Peres.
Photo: Government press office

Madonna led an all-star delegation to a Kabbala conference in Tel Aviv on Friday to celebrate Rosh Hashana. The 49-year-old diva was seen singing Jewish songs with the crowd of hundreds at the David Intercontinental Hotel, where the conference on Jewish mysticism was held. At one point, she pressed another participant, apparently a friend, up to the front where he danced excitedly, making her and the crowd giggle and clap enthusiastically.

On Saturday night, Madonna and her film director husband, Guy Ritchie, traveled to Jerusalem and met with President Shimon Peres for nearly two hours at Beit Hanassi.

According to the president's spokeswoman, Peres and Madonna toasted the Jewish New Year together, and presented each other with gifts of holy books - Madonna received a copy of the Hebrew Bible, and the singer gave the president a copy of the Zohar, the mystical text that serves as the basis of Kabbala.

"The president and Madonna discussed how to advance the peace process, and conciliation and tolerance throughout the world," said presidential spokeswoman Ayelet Frish. "Madonna told the president she wants to promote those messages in her songs and books, and how important it was to educate children with those ideas. She also said that meeting President Peres and welcoming in the new Jewish year together with him was the fulfillment of a dream."

Madonna arrived in Israel Wednesday night, on a private visit. The singer did not speak to the media and the conference was closed to TV cameras.

The actress Demi Moore and her husband, actor Ashton Kutcher, also attended the Tel Aviv conference; they were seen on the city streets Thursday night. Fashion designer Donna Karan and former talk-show host Rosie O'Donnell also accompanied Madonna to Israel.

Madonna was raised a Roman Catholic, but she has become a follower of Jewish mysticism in recent years. Her interest has raised the ire of some Orthodox Jews who see the adoption of Kabbala by non-Jewish pop figures as an abomination.

The singer has taken the Hebrew name Esther and has been seen wearing a red thread on her wrist that supposedly helps ward off the evil eye. During her visit she plans to visit sites sacred to Kabbalists.

Madonna came to Israel three years ago, on another Kabbala-centered trip. She first visited the Jewish state in 1993, when she performed in a concert unrelated to Kabbala in Tel Aviv's Hayarkon Park.•
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

Re: Shimon Peres Celebrates Rosh Hashanah with Madonna
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 12:14:28 AM »
Rosie, madonna & peres ALL in the one venue!

That was a wasted bombing opportunity!!

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 12:45:38 AM »
   Where is her pride in being Catholic? Why does she have to desecrate Judaism?
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 12:46:05 AM »
They allow this hasbeen slut into Israel?  And Chaim Ben Pesach is banned?  What a disgrace.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 12:48:00 AM »

She is not a true Catholic remember her song created a huge controversy among the Catholic Church and Catholic Religon.  Catholics including myself took offense at the song and video she made.   Of a Black Jesus and her palm bleeding as Christ. 
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 07:46:32 AM »
Madonna's greatest sin is being a washed-up has- been formerly controversial pop music ho star.  Peres is a dick just for having her in his company.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 05:57:27 PM »

She is not a true Catholic remember her song created a huge controversy among the Catholic Church and Catholic Religon.  Catholics including myself took offense at the song and video she made.   Of a Black Jesus and her palm bleeding as Christ. 

You know much more about Catholicism than I do, so I'll take you're word for it. If she was Catholic though, it just proves to show that there would be self-hating Catholics in addition to self-hating Jews. Same goes for Britney Spears. When she showed pride in Catholicism G-d rewarded her with a successful career. I don't know what she practices now. She was also on the false Kabbalah bandwagon.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 06:40:35 PM »
I guarantee you they had sex after the celebrations were over. Or perhaps during.  ::) :o

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 06:55:27 PM »
She's a nut.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 06:57:36 PM »
Shes a sick slut who has no class.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 07:45:11 PM »
2 has beens both probably had Botox injections but what a pair self hating Catholic with self hating Jew.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 11:21:57 PM »
When Britney Spears started off they were saying she be the splitting image of Madonna.  Well in some sense she is.. She's crazy too, low class and a wacko with no talent.  She gotten this far cause of people were drawn by her so called looks. 

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 11:47:04 PM »
Wasn't she the one that wrote a book on sex... sometime ago in the 90's.
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 11:51:53 PM »
So, how was she excepted into the Jewish faith with all this bagage... she has proven time and again to be ALL about her and her ego and much less about G-d!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 11:53:55 PM »
So, how was she excepted into the Jewish faith with all this bagage... she has proven time and again to be ALL about her and her ego and much less about G-d!

Oh, she hasn't become Jewish.  That's part of the reason why so many of the religious Jews are so against her, because gentiles are not supposed to study Kabbalah.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

newman

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 11:55:04 PM »

Oh, she hasn't become Jewish.  That's part of the reason why so many of the religious Jews are so against her, because gentiles are not supposed to study Kabbalah.
Jews aren't really supposed to study it without becomming extremely Torah-learned first.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 12:04:28 AM »
Looking at that photo, I can't tell which of the three is the biggest mental case...

Peres?...definitely

Madonna?...if not for her many talents, she'd be in a straitjacket!

Guy Richie?...gets my vote for the craziest of the three...for allowing his "high maintenance trophy babe" to drag his butt all the way from Scotland, to a room in Jerusalem, where he has to pretend to like Jews, while the biggest schmuck on the planet puts his hands all over his meshuganeh wife!

p.s.--must admit that I don't recall ever seeing Madonna look so happy as she does in that photo!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 12:13:23 AM »
Looking at that photo, I can't tell which of the three is the biggest mental case...

Peres?...definitely

Madonna?...if not for her many talents, she'd be in a straitjacket!

Guy Richie?...gets my vote for the craziest of the three...for allowing his "high maintenance trophy babe" to drag his butt all the way from Scotland, to a room in Jerusalem, where he has to pretend to like Jews, while the biggest schmuck on the planet puts his hands all over his meshuganeh wife!

p.s.--must admit that I don't recall ever seeing Madonna look so happy as she does in that photo!

Yeah, I feel sorry for Guy Ritchie.  He looks VERY uncomfortable in that photo, as I'm sure he was during most of the trip.

Indeed, Madonna looks like she's on cloud nine.

newman

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 12:15:28 AM »

If your wife had all the money and paid your bills, you'd do as you were told too. :)

newman

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 03:45:17 AM »
Well, I may not agree with her and her "adoption"of kabalah because to me, while many wonderful Jews have made a serious study of Kabalah, she comes in and suddenly Kabalah is yet another Hollywood FAD like Scientology etc.. Plus she IS pretty slutty.
BUT on the plus side, she is a strong figure in the public eye, so is Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher...and they were in Israel. Could that not shed some pro-Israel light by some celebrities? There is so much anti-Israel sentiment growing, having some celebrities who visit Israel and do not speak against her could be a "not-so bad" thing. (Not good, but not so bad)

Interesting point. (as usual for you, Mills  :))

Does anyone know what her stand on the arab-nazi/ Israel issue is?

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 03:48:54 AM »
Who cares whether the degenerate sluts and whores of hollywood are anti-Israel, they are the scum of the earth who will all burn in Gehenom. Why seek acceptance from such disgusting, sick people? We should be fighting against them for their perversion and G-dlessness.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 04:28:19 AM »
The Ishmaelites said they will behead her and Britney :o She's slut goin' to hell but if she anger muslims she can't be beyound redemption. ::)
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

newman

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 05:13:48 AM »
The Ishmaelites said they will behead her and Britney :o She's slut goin' to hell but if she anger muslims she can't be beyound redemption. ::)

Good point.

I don't care if she's the town bike. If she annoys muslims she can't be 100% bad.

Offline decimos

• Senior JTFer
    • wowheed
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 08:41:12 PM »
just rich bints,thats all they are.if she into it so much why doesnt give to Rabbi out reach centres..likehttp://www.ilovetorah.com/
And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken perversion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of bondage, to draw thee aside out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee.Deuteronomy 13:5.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007, 10:29:55 PM »
Rosie's there?

Surprised the Old City hasn't crumbled.