Author Topic: Proof of AA Discrimination, by my Law Professor who sat on board of admissions  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
I took out the name of my school and the name of my professor in order to safeguard my identity.  :)

Not coincidentally, this man is the best law professor I have.

By implication, the legal challenge to race discrimination in admissions at the Michigan Law School now before the Supreme Court of the United States also challenges the race discrimination in admissions (at my school).

As at Ann Arbor, we enforce a de facto quota of the minimum number of blacks and other minorities we are determined to enroll in each first-year law school class. And as at Ann Arbor, we engineer our admissions process to guarantee that when the first-year class shows up in late August, our de facto quota will once again be met.

We differ in that to meet our de facto quota, we regularly lower our usual standards of admission more than our counterparts at Michigan lower theirs. For example, to meet our de facto quota of blacks in each first-year class, we deviate from our usual standards of admission more than any remotely comparable law school is willing to do. In fact, of all the law schools in the country approved by the American Bar Association, none regularly lowers its standards of admission for affirmative action purposes as much as we do. As a result, black applicants whose low grades, LSAT scores and extracurricular record would otherwise win admission only to Howard Law School in Washington, D.C., regularly win admission from us. And the overwhelming majority of applicants -- perhaps 80 percent -- for whom we lower our standards so drastically are from out of state.

Such is the affirmative action admissions policy we have had for more than 30 years. We follow a similarly heavy-handed affirmative action policy for financial aid and faculty recruitment.

A policy however well-meaning in the abstract can feel foul to those given the job of implementing it. And in my four years on the admissions committee, routinely leapfrogging minority applicants over so many dramatically more qualified non-minority applicants, foul is how our affirmative action policy came to feel. Seeing the photographs and reading the record and personal statements of non-minority applicants whom we rejected in order to admit the far less qualified left me feeling as though I should wash. Eventually, I could not acquiesce in this policy any longer.

To be sure, every applicant has something positive in his or her record to which an admissions officer can point in order to justify admission. The great weight given race and ethnicity only becomes apparent when one sees the many positives in the records of those non-minority applicants denied admission.

Roughly speaking, to meet our de facto quotas, we must leapfrog less qualified minority applicants over approximately 330 more qualified non-minority applicants each year, many of whom, of course, will be Indiana residents. (and will therefore qualify for reduced in-state tuition, and who might be forced to go to school out of state and pay MUCH HIGHER out-of-state tuition)

Predictably, my opposition to our policy has been futile. Memos of my concerns -- concerns now taken up by the U.S. Supreme Court -- received no reply. As I said to the Indiana Policy Review in submitting a statistical report on our policy a few months ago, "On this subject the faculty and administration are entrenched in a Thermopylae of poor judgment and blocked imagination from which apparently no force on earth can dislodge us."

How entrenched we are in our policy may be revealed if the Supreme Court strikes down as unconstitutional Michigan's policy. Just recently, the administration, in an article published in our local newspaper, denied ever discriminating in favor of blacks and minorities in admissions. One cannot help but admire such brazenness. However, many fervent supporters of our policy are idealists, and, as the saying goes, the first thing an idealist will do for his ideals is lie.

Even if the school eventually 'fesses up, it still has left a host of technical claims about how the Supreme Court's decree does not apply to us, not to mention the options of delay and defiance. I believe that bringing a colorblind admissions policy will require the determination of state legislators who are not afraid to use their control of our purse strings and who are savvy enough not to expect good-faith compliance from the faculty and administration.

But no court, not even the Supreme Court, can light such a fire under our state legislators. The match for that fire can only be struck by the people of our state.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

Liberals who advocate affirmative action should be forced to undergo surgical operations by AA doctors.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Liberals who advocate affirmative action should be forced to undergo surgical operations by AA doctors.

Yeah I say that's entirely fair.  If you support affirmative action, you should also support its results.  If you support affirmative action you should be forced to sign a contract saying that you will only be able to hire affirmative action labor.  If you own a business, you can only hire affirmative action workers.  If you need help from a competent attorney, you can only hire an AA attorney, if you need brain surgery and there's only one AA brain surgeon, looks like you're stuck with him.  This is totally fair in my opinion, and it would get these nutcases to realize the harm that affirmative action does to society.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

Yeah I say that's entirely fair.  If you support affirmative action, you should also support its results.  If you support affirmative action you should be forced to sign a contract saying that you will only be able to hire affirmative action labor.  If you own a business, you can only hire affirmative action workers.  If you need help from a competent attorney, you can only hire an AA attorney, if you need brain surgery and there's only one AA brain surgeon, looks like you're stuck with him.  This is totally fair in my opinion, and it would get these nutcases to realize the harm that affirmative action does to society.
They should also move out of their spacious homes in the suburbs to allow homeless people to move in. Since they advocate taking from the worthy to give to the have-nots, that's only fair too.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
You did a statistical report?  Sounds impressive.

Offline ChaimBenMordechai

• Pro JTFer

Dr. Larry Z. Leslie Professor of Mass Communications at U/South Florida

White convert to Islam. Anti-Semite. Bans Jews from his classes. Friend of Sami Al-Arian

[email protected]   (813) 974-6798 

Erica

Dr. Larry Z. Leslie Professor of Mass Communications at U/South Florida

White convert to Islam. Anti-Semite. Bans Jews from his classes. Friend of Sami Al-Arian

[email protected]   (813) 974-6798 

You still haven't said how blacks ruined your chances of getting into school, Chaim.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re:  "...Sami Al-Arian..."

Sami Al-Arian is/was a personal friend of George W. Bush & family, being one of the largest contributors to the first Bush Presidential campaign.

Bush & family even attended the Al-Arian children's graduation ceremonies in Florida.

Erica

They should also move out of their spacious homes in the suburbs to allow homeless people to move in. Since they advocate taking from the worthy to give to the have-nots, that's only fair too.
Don't act as though you care about the homeless now. You made your point completely clear on that subject, newman.

newman

Don't act as though you care about the homeless now. You made your point completely clear on that subject, newman.
OMG.....You are SOOOOOO dumb!!!!!

I don't give a hoot about the homeless. I'm making a point about the hypocracy of those who advocate AA!!!!!!!!!!

Erica

Re: Proof of AA Discrimination, by my Law Professor who sat on board of admissio
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 12:35:13 PM »

OMG.....You are SOOOOOO dumb!!!!!

I don't give a hoot about the homeless. I'm making a point about the hypocracy of those who advocate AA!!!!!!!!!!
Then don't speak in favor of them even when speaking against AA. That's totally out of character for you, especially since most of the homeless in America are black.

And YOU're the dummy.. dedicating threads to people you don't know and posting respones in Ebonics.

Offline ChaimBenMordechai

• Pro JTFer
Re: Proof of AA Discrimination, by my Law Professor who sat on board of admissio
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 02:48:31 PM »

Ask a self-hating Jew if they would voluntarily give up their job so a less-qualified ape could take their spot.Or how they would feel if they were INVOLUNTARILY removed from their job or bumped from a list so an AA ape got their spot. You can bet they'd wise up pretty fast like I did.

newman

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 02:51:57 PM »

Ask a self-hating Jew if they would voluntarily give up their job so a less-qualified ape could take their spot.Or how they would feel if they were INVOLUNTARILY removed from their job or bumped from a list so an AA ape got their spot. You can bet they'd wise up pretty fast like I did.
With liberals it's always "Do as we say, not as we do".

Ask an anti-gun politician to do away with his 24/7 armed Secret Service detail and see what they say.