Author Topic: Trump: The UN is 'so sad'  (Read 856 times)

Offline Nevski

• Pro JTFer
  • Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Trump: The UN is 'so sad'
« on: December 26, 2016, 06:33:28 PM »
President-elect appears to criticize the UN over anti-Israel vote, says it is "just a club for people to get together".

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/222333

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Monday took to Twitter to criticize the United Nations.

“The United Nations has such great potential but right now it is just a club for people to get together, talk and have a good time. So sad!” he tweeted.

Though he did not specifically mention it, the tweet comes following last week’s vote at the UN Security Council on a resolution condemning Israel’s presence in Judea, Samaria and eastern Jerusalem.

The tweet marks the third time in recent days that Trump has referred to the UN following the vote at the Security Council.

On Saturday, the President-elect said he would work to achieve peace between Israel and the Palestinian Authority despite the fact that the vote made it more difficult.

“The big loss yesterday for Israel in the United Nations will make it much harder to negotiate peace. Too bad, but we will get it done anyway!” wrote Trump.

On Friday, just after the resolution passed, Trump tweeted, “As to the U.N., things will be different after Jan. 20th”, in reference to the fact that the Obama administration chose to abstain at the vote and allow the resolution to pass.
A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. - Ecclesiastes 3:8

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Trump: The UN is 'so sad'
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 07:49:44 PM »
I heard that Trump will recognize Jersulem (please excuse my lousy spelling) as the capitol of Israel.

Offline Nevski

• Pro JTFer
  • Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 06:02:02 AM »
I heard that Trump will recognize Jersulem (please excuse my lousy spelling) as the capitol of Israel.

Yes. Maybe he isn't that bad.
A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. - Ecclesiastes 3:8

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 01:24:45 PM »
If he really does good, he remains good, otherwise not.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.