Author Topic: Alan Keyes is MAKING THIRD run for White House!  (Read 2164 times)

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
Alan Keyes is MAKING THIRD run for White House!
« on: September 17, 2007, 03:04:36 PM »
Guys,

Hands down this is who I am supporting for President!!!

dawntreader

WASHINGTON - Alan Keyes, a Republican whose two previous runs for president ended in failure, is making a third try for the White House.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Maryland conservative announced on his Web site that he filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission on Friday to make his candidacy official. He joins a crowded Republican field of nine candidates and is scheduled to participate Monday night at a debate involving lesser-known candidates in Florida.

Keyes, a former State Department official under President Reagan, made unsuccessful presidential runs in 1996 and 2000. He also has been a Senate candidate from Maryland, and, in 2004, he suffered a 43-percentage point loss to Democrat Barack Obama in the Senate race in Illinois. Republicans drafted Keyes after primary winner Jack Ryan dropped out amid a scandal.

In an interview with radio talk show host Janet Parshall, Keyes noted the wide-open nature of the GOP race. "There isn't a standout," Keyes said. "I'm like a lot of folks, who have just looked at it and been unmoved."

**FILE PHOTO** Constitutional scholar Alan Keyes at the Florida State Capitol on Thursday, March 24, 2005. Keyes announced on his Web site that he filed paperwork with FEC to make his third run for the White House. (AP Photo/Steve Cannon)
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Re: Alan Keyes is MAKING THIRD run for White House!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 03:07:13 PM »
I think Keyes is great but does he even have a chance?
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 03:07:35 PM »
This is great news.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 03:07:55 PM »
yay! He has my vote!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 03:09:57 PM »
Don't know if he has an "overall" chance...but here's the thing for me. I would rather vote for someone I know cannot win but is righteous, than be a weanie and vote for "the lesser of two evils."

Remember, the lesser of two evils is still evil.
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Joe Schmo

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 03:13:37 PM »
I love Alan Keyes, but sometimes I think he's really a white guy in blackface.

Anyhow, Keyes is too smart to win.  His ideas GREATLY exceed the intellectual capabilities of most American people. Obama's victory over Keyes for US Senate was proof of this.

Also, Obama is 'better looking'...don't underestimate this.  Ever since the famous televised debate between Kennedy and Nixon, the 'better-looking' candidate has always won.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 03:18:30 PM by Scriabin »

Joe Schmo

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 03:17:23 PM »
I refuse to vote.  To win an election, a candidate must first sell out his principles.

Elections are nothing but glorified football games.  WAKE UP, EVERYBODY!

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 03:21:47 PM »
Some of you are frustrating.

1.  This has already been posted--See the Presidential Election thread.

2.  Keyes has no chance.  He has already ran in the past and was unsuccessful.  Also, he's never held a political position where he needed to be elected.

3.  He would only serve to take away support from other candidates like Hunter. 

4..  It is rumored that Keyes has some kind of past debts and just wants to raise some campaign contributions to pay off the debts.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 03:55:48 PM »
Some of you are frustrating.

1.  This has already been posted--See the Presidential Election thread.

2.  Keyes has no chance.  He has already ran in the past and was unsuccessful.  Also, he's never held a political position where he needed to be elected.

3.  He would only serve to take away support from other candidates like Hunter. 

4..  It is rumored that Keyes has some kind of past debts and just wants to raise some campaign contributions to pay off the debts.

These are not sufficient reasons to lock a thread.

This is not the rationalthought110 forum.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 03:59:12 PM by Scriabin »