Author Topic: What do you think of this idea to help Chaim get into Israel?  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
What do you think of this idea to help Chaim get into Israel?
« on: September 17, 2007, 10:24:08 PM »
I formed it into a question for the next Ask JTF, but perhaps you guys can give me some feedback

Chaim

You must consider purchasing airtime for a TV commercial and/or infomercial in Israel. If you are ineligible to buy because you do not live there, have someone in Israel help. The actual commercial can be you talking about your situation in Hebrew and making a direct appeal to Israelis.

Oz can be called upon to edit the video if time is an issue.

If money is an issue, be very open with the forum about how much you can currently put towards it and how much you still need.

Even if it's a late-night commercial on an obscure channel and you think no one will be watching, you need to get mainstream Israelis aware of your case- if not on immediately on your side. Yes we have Israelis on the Hebrew forum, but that is not the point.

If the Bolshevik authorities will not allow you buy time, perhaps there is a Russian-only tv channel that is sympathetic to your cause. Get Russian subtitles. Whatever. You have to start somewhere.

Best of luck in your ongoing efforts
Trumpeldor

-Another idea is an ad in a newspaper. Old fashioned, but has a better chance of being seen by regular, middle-class Israelis than youtube or flix. Getting the public aware of your case may benefit you and this organization in countless ways.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 10:26:26 PM by Trumpeldor »

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Re: What do you think of this idea to help Chaim get into Israel?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 02:06:23 AM »
Interesting idea.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 09:45:22 PM »
anyone?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 10:01:53 PM »
I could be wrong but as of now I think Chaim is taking a low pressure approach in his bid to be allowed to enter Israel. Possibly something like this could be used if he needs to put some additional pressure on things. I wonder if  they can censor ads that would be helpful to him. I would think TV and even radio time would be quite expensive to do in the amount that would start to gain some attention. I would be interested in hearing Chaim's thoughts on this.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 10:20:38 PM »
Trumpledor:  I like your idea a lot!  See what Chaim thinks of it.  I think we could start a seperate, very transparent fund.  Where we know the cost of the advertisment ahead of time,  and we can see how much money is in the pot.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 10:30:43 PM »
That sounds like a good idea.

I think we should also reach out to the prominent Jewish blogs.  Perhaps they could all do a blog swarm about Chaim being able to get into Israel.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 10:44:30 PM »
Chaim basically said in this week's Ask JTF that he would be allowed to advertise in Israel if he had the money.

The problem is he DOESN'T have the money.  :(

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 10:53:48 PM »
I say, we go for the Jewish blogs.

newman

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 11:00:09 PM »
I say, we go for the Jewish blogs.

You know regular Jews better than I. Will the ordinary Jew who still thinks the ADL is worth a damn listen to us or just think we're radical and switch off?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 11:27:03 PM »
There are a few right wing Kahanist blogs out there. 

Mad Zionist -- http://www.madzionist.com

I would check out all the blogs he links to as well.

Israpundit -- http://www.israpundit.com

Same for Israpundit.

The Rogue Jew -- http://theroguejew.mensnewsdaily.com
(Note: The Rogue Jew has linked to JTF on his blogroll.)

The Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler -- http://nicedoggie.net/2007
This is not a Jewish blog, but they are VERY pro Israel.

I'll put up names of more blogs when I find them.

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 02:32:30 AM »
I can only see good coming from this. Chaim is one of the few true Jewish heroes, and it's pretty obvious with groups like Peace Now infecting young Jews' minds in Israel, Chaim's presence is greatly needed. He's being kept out of Israel for a reason. Ariel Sharon knows how big a threat Chaim poses to freeing young Jews' minds from ignorance. I just hope Chaim and JTF can design a plan to get him to Israel without him being arrested or turned away. Were there's a will, there's a way. It's just that figuring out that way is the hard part.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 10:12:12 PM »
There's some kind of organization that has a commercial about Israel, calling it majestic, for example.  The commercial seems to air most days of the week so they must have a lot of money.  Do you think it would be possible to try and convince an organization like that to help?

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 12:37:57 AM »
There's some kind of organization that has a commercial about Israel, calling it majestic, for example.  The commercial seems to air most days of the week so they must have a lot of money.  Do you think it would be possible to try and convince an organization like that to help?
They also end the commercial by saying "Who Knew?" Where do they get this idea that people don't think Israel is a beautiful place. It's known as "The Holy Land" for a reason. It's a horrible commercial, because it demeans Israel in a subtle way with that ignorant comment.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »

They also end the commercial by saying "Who Knew?" Where do they get this idea that people don't think Israel is a beautiful place. It's known as "The Holy Land" for a reason. It's a horrible commercial, because it demeans Israel in a subtle way with that ignorant comment.

Good point. 

How are organizations like that able to raise so much money to be able to afford to get a commercial to be aired frequently?