Author Topic: Is The Federation Respone To Cemetery Vandalism Chillul Hashem?  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Muslims that talk of "Islamaphobia" met with Jews. The attackers are like Muslims. How do we know they were not Muslim terrorists?

It seems the Liberals have hijacked the response to the vandalism.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/02/27/local-religious-leaders-stand-together-following-jewish-cemetery-vandalism/

Local Religious Leaders Stand Together Following Jewish Cemetery Vandalism
February 27, 2017 6:15 PM By Steve Tawa
Filed Under: Philadelphia, Steve Tawa

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Nearly 200 Interfaith leaders from several religions gathered at the Lutheran Seminary in the Germantown section of Philadelphia to stand in solidarity after vandals toppled more than 100 tombstones at a Jewish cemetery in the city’s Wissinoming section.
People from all backgrounds have stood up in solidarity, supporting the Jewish community in the wake of this vandalism, including some in the Muslim community like Salaam Bahatti, who says his community knows what it is like to be targeted.

“Any targeting of any faith is an attack on all faiths, so we can’t just sit back and say, ‘Oh they are Jewish people’ we are Muslims we are okay because if they come for the Jews they will come for us soon enough,” Bahatti said.

Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia CEO Naomi Adler says they are planning a community-wide rally at noon on Thursday at Independence Mall for a “Stand Against Hate” event. “We are naming the hate, and we will not stand for it anymore,” said Adler. She says every headstone and grave marker will be replaced or repaired.

Bishop Claire Burkat, of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, says they “stand in unity.”
“The tombstone desecration at Mt. Carmel Jewish Cemetery is a kind of spiritual violence that must be stopped and denounced by all people who abhor the hate-filled antisemitism that is escalating,” Burkat said.

Monsignor Daniel Kutys, the Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, read a statement on behalf of Archbishop Charles Chaput, who had a prior commitment in New York. “Join in prayerful solidarity with the families of those whose final resting places have been disturbed. Violence and hate against anyone, simply because of who they are, is inexcusable,” Monsignor Kutys read.

Imam Anwar Muhaimin of the Quba Masjid says “any act of intolerance – which we’re seeing a lot of today – is something that goes against the spirit of the city that we all know and love.” “I wanted to stand against the bigotry, intolerance, antisemitism and Islamophobia. We are all in this together, and I pray that God’s power is with us,” said Muhaimin.

Mayor Jim Kenney believes the good will prevail. “I think there are good people overwhelming, there are more good people overwhelming than there are rotten hating idiots. And I think I the end the good will prevail,” said the mayor.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Is The Federation Respone To Cemetery Vandalism Chillul Hashem?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 11:07:45 PM »
Do they have any clues as to who is behind all these attacks?  If not, then what good is a rally? 

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 11:16:22 PM »
The threats against JCCs is probably just a threat. They probably call in threats just to make people afraid. I live near one of the JCCs in PA that was threatened. I saw the news van from the local CBS affiliate a few blocks from my street. I could hear helicopters from my house. They were circling over the JCC.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 11:19:37 PM »
Do they have any clues as to who is behind all these attacks?  If not, then what good is a rally?

The rally is probably like one of the Anti-Trump "march against hate" rallies. I'd like to see these people march against Obama and the Muslims. But they wouldn't do that because that would be "racist" and "Islamophobic". For them, hate can only be promoted by certain groups, and Islam is not one of them.

Banning Muslims is against hate but the Liberals want the Muslim haters to be allowed into the country.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 11:57:11 PM »
These attacks don't seem random.  Some group is organizing them. 

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »
Regarding the response,  I thought about a great response by Rabbi Meir Kahane and the old JDL when dealing with anti-Semitism:

http://www.jta.org/1970/05/08/archive/jdl-holds-rally-in-harlem-to-protest-black-panther-anti-semitism-clash-erupts

Jdl Holds Rally in Harlem to Protest Black Panther Anti-semitism; Clash Erupts

May 8, 1970

NEW YORK (May. 7)
Forty to 50 members of the Jewish Defense League clashed today with a similar number of blacks at Black Panther Party headquarters in Harlem, scene of a JDL demonstration against an alleged “outrageous explosion of anti-Semitic hatred” by the Panthers. The police said that while epithets that each flung at the other served to “heighten” the friction between the two militant organizations, there were no incidents requiring arrests. Rabbi Meir Kahane, JDL head, however, reported “two brief scuffles” and an unprovoked attack with a stick on a demonstrator by a Panther charging out from the party’s storefront headquarters. Rabbi Kahane told the Jewish Telegraphic Agency that he will demand that Mayor John V. Lindsay institute formal charges against the two police captains he is charging with failure to arrest the attacker. “Either there is one law for everyone in this city or there is no law for anyone,” he told the JTA, alleging that the Lindsay administration has been “bending over backward for these Nazis” while repressing JDL activities.

Rabbi Kahane said he knew the identity of the attacker and that the JDL would avenge the attack. He said such action did not preclude the use of violence. “We are not frightened of them” he said of the Panthers. “We will deal with them.” He called the Panthers “vicious anti-Semites who “pose a definite clear and present danger to Jews.” A Panther spokesman emphasized to the JTA that the party was anti-Zionist but not anti-Jewish, noting that there are numerous black Jews in New York and in other sections of the country. He admitted the stick attack but said the JDL had provoked the incident by holding a pro-Israel demonstration in an area–Harlem–where blacks feel repressed by “Jewish landlords and businessmen.” He also admitted that Panthers “broke a few windows” of the JDL truck and “slapped a few of them around.” The confrontation lasted an hour and a half.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 08:58:49 PM »
But we still don't know what group is behind all this?  If we knew, then a JDL type response would be perfect.  Forget these stupid rallies.