Author Topic: Ted Cruz Wants El Chapo To Pay For The Border Wall  (Read 1415 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Ted Cruz Wants El Chapo To Pay For The Border Wall
« on: April 26, 2017, 07:34:23 AM »
In an attempt to avoid a government shutdown over funding for President Donald Trump’s border wall, Texas Senator Ted Cruz has submitted a proposal for a bill that will use money forfeited from the criminal prosecution of drug lords such as the drug kingpin Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzman for the purpose.

Currently, U.S. prosecutors are attempting to seize $14 billion worth of profits and assets from Guzman’s criminal activities.

“Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border,” Cruz said.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/25/ted-cruz-introduced-a-proposal-to-pay-for-the-border-wall-in-an-interesting-way/

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Ted Cruz Wants El Chapo To Pay For The Border Wall
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 10:31:00 AM »
I thought he was against seizure of property prior to conviction in court.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 12:40:33 PM »
Seizure of property from innocent Americans, yes. It's reported that 90% of seizures are from innocent people.

Not from well know murderous drug lords that already have convictions like El Chapo. That's very different.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 01:46:30 PM »
Brilliant idea. 
I am glad that he is staying engaged.  His voice is important.  His, Trey Gowdy and Louis Gohmert.  I respect them putting America first, over political ambition.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 04:13:12 PM »
I think that it's a very good idea.  All the money and whatever else that was seized should go to pay for the wall  That way the money was paid for not out of the taxpayers pockets.  There is no way that the government of the US as well as Mexico are NOT going to pay for the wall.  Or anything else that Trump want to do because it's Trump.