Author Topic: Don't You think that...  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Don't You think that...
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:51:17 AM »
Chaim should take off a few weeks of doing the shows to focus exclusively on his campaign to get into Israel. He says he hasn't been able to focus so much on the campaign because of all the shows. If he can get into Israel then all the other efforts will go much faster and better in the long run.

We are talking about saving lives here, if this strategy is more effective I think Chaim has an obligation to do it.

What do people think?
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline decimos

• Senior JTFer
    • wowheed
Re: Don't You think that...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 05:18:22 PM »
yes,Lubab speaks sense.Chaim needs to concentrate on getting himself home..let David do the Q and A for awhile.this will give more time to get his stuff sorted...
And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken perversion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of bondage, to draw thee aside out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee.Deuteronomy 13:5.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 08:53:13 PM »
I agree.  But it's ultimately up to Chaim to decide. 

Also, we need to have an Ask JTF FAQ section, where Chaim's replies to questions people often ask are posted.  That would really shorten the shows, and free up his time.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 09:18:46 PM »
Chaim should take off a few weeks of doing the shows to focus exclusively on his campaign to get into Israel. He says he hasn't been able to focus so much on the campaign because of all the shows. If he can get into Israel then all the other efforts will go much faster and better in the long run.

We are talking about saving lives here, if this strategy is more effective I think Chaim has an obligation to do it.

What do people think?
Its basically up to Chaim however it seems that since they started doing the YouTube shows it has become a full time job for Chaim to do all the different shows. I was listening to last Sundays questions shows and Chaim himself said with all the stuff going on it was hard to keep track of all thats going on. Chaim should take some time if he feels he needs to to work on his bid to gain access to Israel and most importantly to just catch up on some rest. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 04:22:26 AM »
I agree.  But it's ultimately up to Chaim to decide. 

Also, we need to have an Ask JTF FAQ section, where Chaim's replies to questions people often ask are posted.  That would really shorten the shows, and free up his time.

Good idea.

Do some questions end up getting asked multiple times?

Offline usafortruth2

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 04:33:58 PM »
I disagree.  I think Chaim has more power from here in the united states.  He may come to
harm in Israel.

Sorry Chaim but we need you here to lead the group.  If we take power in Israel than go back.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 05:13:58 PM »
lubab:  "...If he can get into Israel then all the other efforts will go much faster and better in the long run..."

Were Chaim allowed to make aliyah and given the political freedom to speak, write, and organize; I have no doubt that the vast majority of Israelis would agree with him and support him.

That being said, the problem Chaim faces is multi-faceted:

The Israeli government must first agree to allow Chaim's immigration and acquiring of Israeli citizenship.

The views of Rabbi Kahane are illegal in Israel, it is illegal in Israel to even harbor the ideas of Rabbi Kahane.

Unless and until the Israeli government allows freedom of thought, freedom of speech, and the freedom for Chaim to politically organize and legally run for elected office, Chaim's arriving in Israel will result in imprisonment without due process of law and/or worse.

In addition, the United States Department of State lists our late Rabbi Kahane and his political movement on their Official List of International Terrorist Organizations, so don't count on any support for Chaim coming from our own U.S. Federal Government.

According to the information coming from numerous media sources both here and abroad, the U.S. Government was in consultation with Benazhir Bhutto, and coordinating her "return from exile" to Pakistan to enable her to campaign for office in the 'hopes of restoring democracy'.

I am not so certain that I myself would want to be the recipient of such "assistance"; considering the outcome.