Author Topic: Israel Declares Gaza "Enemy Entity"  (Read 1596 times)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Israel Declares Gaza "Enemy Entity"
« on: September 19, 2007, 01:03:27 PM »
I think we need a smiley shaking it's head with a disgusted look on it's face while smacking itself in the forehead.  That's how I feel when reading this. 

http://uk.reuters.com/article/oilRpt/idUKN1820233020070919

UPDATE 6-Israel declares Gaza "enemy entity" as Rice visits
Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:56pm BST

By Jeffrey Heller and Sue Pleming

JERUSALEM, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Israel declared the Gaza Strip an "enemy entity" on Wednesday and said it would reduce its fuel and power supplies to the Hamas-run territory in response to rocket attacks by Palestinian militants.

Hamas described the move, complicating a visit to the region by U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to prepare for a U.S.-led Middle East peace conference, as a declaration of war.

"They aim to starve our people and force them to bow and accept humiliating formulas that could emerge from the so-called November peace conference," Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum said.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's office said his security cabinet approved the "enemy entity" classification and there would be "limitations on imports to the Gaza Strip and a reduction in the supply of fuel and electricity".

It gave no starting date for the sanctions, saying they would be implemented after Israeli authorities had examined the legal and humanitarian ramifications.

"We are going to ask the Americans to pressure Israel to refrain from taking such action," Palestinian Information Minister Riyad al-Malki said in the West Bank city of Ramallah, where Rice will meet President Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday.

Asked about the Israeli move, Rice told a news conference in Jerusalem that Washington considered Hamas to be a "hostile entity" but pledged the United States "would not abandon the innocent Palestinians", a reference to humanitarian aid.

Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, who held talks with Rice, said "all the needs that are more than the humanitarian needs will not be supplied by Israel to the Gaza Strip".

Hamas Islamists seized control of the Gaza Strip from Abbas's Fatah faction in fighting in June. Hamas, which won parliamentary elections last year, has spurned Western calls to recognise Israel and renounce violence.

PRESSURE

Faced with frequent cross-border rocket salvoes which the Israeli military has been unable to stop, Olmert has been under pressure from right-wing members of his government to order a broad ground operation in the Gaza Strip to confront militants.

The security cabinet opted instead several weeks ago to weigh cutting power to the area, sanctions Israeli officials acknowledged could be seen as a violation of international law.

By formally defining the Gaza Strip as an enemy entity, Israel could argue that it cannot be bound by international law governing the administration of occupied territory to supply utilities to the population of 1.5 million.

A senior U.N. official, however, cautioned Israel against cutting essential services to Gaza.

"Any action to cut off electricity and other essentials is against international humanitarian law, and Israel should consider this very carefully before any actions that it takes," the official said.

Israel withdrew troops and settlers from the Gaza Strip in 2005. Palestinians say it is still under occupation because Israel controls its borders, air space and coastal waters.

According to Israeli and Palestinian officials, Gaza's population uses approximately 200 megawatts of electricity, out of which 120 are provided directly from Israeli power lines, 17 are delivered from Egypt and 65 are produced at a plant in Gaza.

The territory and its power station are also dependent on Israeli fuel supplies, some funded by the European Union.

Beginning a visit to the region, Rice said "critical issues" would be tackled at the Middle East conference, a meeting that Palestinians hope will move them closer to statehood.

She said she hoped her trip would build momentum ahead of the gathering and bridge differences on core matters -- borders, Jerusalem, refugees and security.

"The idea that somehow the president of the United States would call an international meeting so that we could all have a photo-op is very far-fetched," said Rice, who will be in the Middle East for little more than 24 hours. (Additional reporting by Sue Pleming, Dan Williams and Adam Entous in Jerusalem, Wafa Amr in Ramallah, and Nidal al-Mughrabi in Gaza))
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
Re: Israel Declares Gaza "Enemy Entity"
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 02:13:17 PM »
It only took a disengagement, two years, a war, thousands of kassam rockets and countless dead Jews for them to finally brand Hamas an enemy enity....Great Job! With this kind of leadership I can finally comprehend why the Shoah happened, and could happen again!
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 03:03:49 PM »
As always too litle too late; What Shoah Those A-rabs love us.::) Don't worry everybody it was a little stick; the Israeli goverment is planing to give Pales a great carrot: East (for now) Jeruslalem:
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3450925,00.html

Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 04:54:23 PM »
I think we need a smiley shaking it's head with a disgusted look on it's face while smacking itself in the forehead.  That's how I feel when reading this. 

http://uk.reuters.com/article/oilRpt/idUKN1820233020070919

UPDATE 6-Israel declares Gaza "enemy entity" as Rice visits
Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:56pm BST

By Jeffrey Heller and Sue Pleming

JERUSALEM, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Israel declared the Gaza Strip an "enemy entity" on Wednesday and said it would reduce its fuel and power supplies to the Hamas-run territory in response to rocket attacks by PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi militants.

That perfectly describes it. Isn't it great how they will "reduce power" to the "enemy"? That's like a man saying to his wife, "I'm gonna cut your allowance by 1/4 for cheating on me, honey."
Yeah, or like saying to someone that wants to kill you "I'm going to give you the gun but I'm only giving you 3 bullets".
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 04:58:29 PM »
You're right it's nuts.

Cut it off and throw them out!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

newman

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »
It only took a disengagement, two years, a war, thousands of kassam rockets and countless dead Jews for them to finally brand Hamas an enemy enity....Great Job! With this kind of leadership I can finally comprehend why the Shoah happened, and could happen again!
:laugh: :laugh:

HELLO, KNESSET!!!!!

WAKEY WAKEY................RISE & SHINE!!!!!!!!