Author Topic: How do Russian half breeds get buried in Israel?  (Read 1626 times)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
How do Russian half breeds get buried in Israel?
« on: May 29, 2018, 11:41:50 PM »
I am curious how do the Russian half breeds who are not Jews according to halacha or those Russians with no Jewish relatives at all that belong to no religions get buried in Israel?
I know marriage & divorce is a huge problem for them.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: How do Russian half breeds get buried in Israel?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 06:09:26 PM »
I am curious how do the Russian half breeds who are not Jews according to halacha or those Russians with no Jewish relatives at all that belong to no religions get buried in Israel?
I know marriage & divorce is a huge problem for them.

I know this doesn't answer your question.   But it does relate to non-halacha/ halvers burial.   Here in the US, my ancestors, who are almost entirely Russian Jewish, are all buried in the same cemetery, which seems to be about 80% Russian Jews, 20% European Jews.   I went there a month ago... and the pamphlets and website no longer even say 'Jewish' on them.  It now markets itself as 'Interfaith Park and Mortuary'????

I didn't see a single grave that had a cross on it... but I guess their 'marketing people' thought that since the last generations in The U.S. have seen such huge increases in intermarriage that they better 'un-Jewify' themselves.  Maybe its much worse in this particular cemetery, because there are so many 'entertainment' families.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 11:16:01 PM »
I know this doesn't answer your question.   But it does relate to non-halacha/ halvers burial.   Here in the US, my ancestors, who are almost entirely Russian Jewish, are all buried in the same cemetery, which seems to be about 80% Russian Jews, 20% European Jews.   I went there a month ago... and the pamphlets and website no longer even say 'Jewish' on them.  It now markets itself as 'Interfaith Park and Mortuary'????

I didn't see a single grave that had a cross on it... but I guess their 'marketing people' thought that since the last generations in The U.S. have seen such huge increases in intermarriage that they better 'un-Jewify' themselves.  Maybe its much worse in this particular cemetery, because there are so many 'entertainment' families.
I know some Jewish cemetaries particularly in small towns in America  have hedges  which seperates the Jews  from where the non Jewish spouses of intermarriages & half breed non halachic between them  get bured.
The hedges constitute a fence which basicallly a seperate cemetary.
There is in Smell Aviv a crematorium which might serve them besides that I have no idea maybe they ship their bodies elsewhere or use the hedge option like in American small towns

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 12:22:08 PM »
If it were up to me I would have dug out all graves out of the holy land incinerate them and throw the ash into the sea.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 03:20:02 PM »
I know some Jewish cemetaries particularly in small towns in America  have hedges  which seperates the Jews  from where the non Jewish spouses of intermarriages & half breed non halachic between them  get bured.
The hedges constitute a fence which basicallly a seperate cemetary.
There is in Smell Aviv a crematorium which might serve them besides that I have no idea maybe they ship their bodies elsewhere or use the hedge option like in American small towns

Yeah, I understand that.  But to completely remove the word 'Jewish' from everything related to the cemetery is crazy, and it really makes me wonder.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 03:49:32 PM »
Yeah, I understand that.  But to completely remove the word 'Jewish' from everything related to the cemetery is crazy, and it really makes me wonder.
Here Jews are buried in a Jewish cemertary by the Chevra kadisha even seculars Christians in Christians cemetaries.Muslims in Muslim cemetaries & Druze on Druze cemetaries but for the Russian half breeds who are not halachically Jewish it is a problem because the chevra kadisha will not bury them as they are not Jews.